Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rear fender

3 posters

Go down

rear fender Empty rear fender

Post  potatomasher Sun 13 Jun 2010, 4:53 pm

just out of interest, does anyone know how much a rear fender is for the 1250? i am thinking of attempting to construct a fender eliminator....and i might need to buy another one before i start.
potatomasher
potatomasher

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

rear fender Empty Re: rear fender

Post  dhula Sun 13 Jun 2010, 8:31 pm

have a look here as this guy seams to have a fair bit of bandit gear. looks like he is parting one out and selling it bit by bit.
doesn't have one listed but can't hurt to ask.
I brought something off him recently (ECU - it's hacking time. paid $120 to my door) and can say good to deal with.

here is one mob wrecking a GSX650F. be worth giving them a call to see how much

pretty sure you'll need the whole under tray as it's one piece from what i remember.

here is how to pull it apart (done on a GSX650F but should be similar or the same on bandit. NOTE: ABS model is slightly different but i'm sure you'll work it out)

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Mon 14 Jun 2010, 10:27 am

thanks for that!! is the 650 f exactly the same size all round as the 1250? it seems to be
potatomasher
potatomasher

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Mon 14 Jun 2010, 3:07 pm

Lots of small differences, some of which you need to look for to know that they are there but essentially they are the same bike

some differences that spring to mind (except for engine size and fairing of course) are:
front fork size
swing arm
engine mounting
handlebars and top triple
rear shock
TB's

dhula

Back to top Go down

rear fender Empty give it a go!!

Post  ohmyfj55 Tue 15 Jun 2010, 3:50 pm

Hi Potato masher,

If you have the time then it isn't too hard to do.

I cut my rear guard/under tray just before the battery enclosure and then with a piece of 1.6mm alloy sheet cut it to suit, needing some gentle bending/curving done by hand.

The number plate, number plate light (a Hella l.e.d. flush mount unit) and indicators are mounted to some alloy angle and sheet that i riveted together.

From memory i bought a 500x500x1.6mm alloy sheet section from the local sheetmetal supplier and the angle from the local hardware.

About a day's worth of fiddling but worth it, tidied up the rear and i have extra room under the seat. You might be able to see some of it under Galleries.

Regards,
nathan
ohmyfj55
ohmyfj55

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum