Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing

+4
Jimmy the Boy
Re-Cycled
Bosco15
2wheelsagain
8 posters

Go down

Introducing  Empty Introducing

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 14 Dec 2013, 7:04 pm

Ladies and gentleman I introduce to you, Scarlett.
Introducing  DSC_7471-VTR-800X450
Name suggested by Recycled and it just hits the spot.
Thanks Peter Smile

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Introducing  Empty Re: Introducing

Post  Bosco15 Sat 14 Dec 2013, 7:42 pm

Very nice. 
I do believe that bikes are female and that is a lovely girls name. 
You will have bucket loads of fun on her. The V-twin grin.  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Sat 14 Dec 2013, 10:03 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:Ladies and gentleman I introduce to you, Scarlett.

Name suggested by Recycled and it just hits the spot.
Thanks Peter Smile
Happy to be of service.  Very Happy

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Sun 15 Dec 2013, 9:11 am

Nice one TWA, it's a great name for her. Well done Peter on coming up with Scarlet, I would never have thought of that. Thanks Jim Coleman for the name game yesterday, there's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back. I don't care, I mean it, I really really really don't care, it's not like it matters or anything, it's just that, you know? I mean it, I don't care..............Muuuuuuum I said Scarlet and the man said that the other man said that and well you know it's just not I mean you know just not...... I'm going to my room.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 15 Dec 2013, 9:45 am

Jimmy the Boy wrote:Nice one TWA,  it's a great name for her. Well done Peter on coming up with Scarlet, I would never have thought of that. Thanks Jim Coleman for the name game yesterday, there's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back. I don't care, I mean it, I really  really really don't care, it's not like it matters or anything, it's just that, you know? I mean it, I don't care..............Muuuuuuum I said Scarlet and the man said that the other man said that and well you know it's just not I mean you know just not...... I'm going to my room.
Ever feel like you're being overlooked ?  Left out ?   Sent to the naughty corner for no reason.   Get over it.  Razz   Buy a Bandit ya big Wuss.

Don't make me come down there to Wogga Wogga , or where ever ever,  and Bitch Slap you.   tongue
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 15 Dec 2013, 10:27 am

Twiners are grinners . Cool
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 15 Dec 2013, 10:39 am

Thanks guys.
Happy so far. I'm sure the tweaks she needs are only minor. 
I did wind the wick up on some familiar back roads on the way home. She's more stable at high speed than I thought with minimal wind blast.  It gallops away fron 6k and I'm not saying what the speedo reads at 7k ;)with another 2500rpm to go.
I'll give a performance appraisal when she's sorted. What I'll say now is the potential to live up to their reputation is very close Smile

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cal Sun 15 Dec 2013, 10:56 am

Hammy wrote:Don't make me come down there to Wogga Wogga , or where ever ever,  and Bitch Slap you.   tongue   Hammy it is Wagga Wagga!  Very Happy 
Cal
Cal

http://www.calvinharris.photography

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Sun 15 Dec 2013, 11:01 am

Hammy wrote:
Jimmy the Boy wrote:Nice one TWA,  it's a great name for her. Well done Peter on coming up with Scarlet, I would never have thought of that. Thanks Jim Coleman for the name game yesterday, there's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back. I don't care, I mean it, I really  really really don't care, it's not like it matters or anything, it's just that, you know? I mean it, I don't care..............Muuuuuuum I said Scarlet and the man said that the other man said that and well you know it's just not I mean you know just not...... I'm going to my room.
Ever feel like you're being overlooked ?  Left out ?   Sent to the naughty corner for no reason.   Get over it.  Razz   Buy a Bandit ya big Wuss.

Don't make me come down there to Wogga Wogga , or where ever ever,  and Bitch Slap you.   tongue

Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz Bitch slap me with a cutlet Big Boy.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Sun 15 Dec 2013, 11:02 am

gus wrote:Twiners are grinners . Cool

Correctamundo.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Sun 15 Dec 2013, 11:06 am

2wheelsagain wrote:Thanks guys.
Happy so far. I'm sure the tweaks she needs are only minor. 
I did wind the wick up on some familiar back roads on the way home. She's more stable at high speed than I thought with minimal wind blast.  It gallops away fron 6k and I'm not saying what the speedo reads at 7k ;)with another 2500rpm to go.
I'll give a performance appraisal when she's sorted. What I'll say now is the potential to live up to their reputation is very close Smile

Really happy for you mate, you'll love her. Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy 
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 15 Dec 2013, 11:20 am

Get a room ya little Twindites.   Razz  Razz  Razz
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 15 Dec 2013, 5:02 pm

Well it was a lovely day for a ride but I spend it cleaning 13 years worth of chain junk off bits that aren't usually seen.
Thank god for degreaser and blue kero.  Surprised 

I'll ride Scarlett to work on Tue and I'll take Black Betty tomorrow.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 16 Dec 2013, 8:01 am

Will be interested to hear your comparison 2W .  Should be a pretty big difference between the two.  Your a lucky bugger.   Wink
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 16 Dec 2013, 9:06 am

Hammy wrote:Will be interested to hear your comparison 2W .  Should be a pretty big difference between the two.  Your a lucky bugger.   Wink

Yes I'm interested too. The peak numbers suggest performance should be about the same as the B1250 but the VTR has a fatter mid range to top end over a lighter bike. I'll let you know Wink

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 16 Dec 2013, 9:45 am

2wheelsagain wrote:
Hammy wrote:Will be interested to hear your comparison 2W .  Should be a pretty big difference between the two.  Your a lucky bugger.   Wink

Yes I'm interested too. The peak numbers suggest performance should be about the same as the B1250 but the VTR has a fatter mid range to top end over a lighter bike. I'll let you know Wink
And the V, sorry,  "Scarlet"  is a lot older and probably has lost a few ponies along the way.  I think it depends a lot on which bike you ride first also. Because which ever one you ride second will feel all strange.  I know my Bandit ( Still with no name ) felt like sitting on an ocean liner after a short burst on jimmy's TL.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Mon 16 Dec 2013, 1:01 pm

Nice find 2 wheels. I used to ride with a couple of lads on VTRs. Beautiful note. But bloody thirsty. They were nearly empty after 160kms if I remember correctly. Good luck with the new beast. If you hadn't picked a name already you could have used Jaffa Smile
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Mon 16 Dec 2013, 1:10 pm

Hammy wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:

And the V, sorry,  "Scarlet"  is a lot older and probably has lost a few ponies along the way.  I think it depends a lot on which bike you ride first also. Because which ever one you ride second will feel all strange.  I know my Bandit ( Still with no name ) felt like sitting on an ocean liner after a short burst on jimmy's TL.

Hammy when I swapped my TL with my mates VTR it made the TL seem like an ocean liner. I know, hard to imagine, but the VTR's seem really small in comparison. It may just be an illusion because the big flat squarish tank on the TL makes them feel bigger. The VTR is very skinny, like Chris  Very Happy .
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 17 Dec 2013, 5:02 pm

So I took Scarlett (double t) to work and the Honda shop today.
Mechanic was very impressed with her condition and says she's original (thats good at 16k! Laughing)

But I'm up for new fork seals, front pads, jetting and balance and air filter.
He said she was very "fluffy" at the bottom but is looking forward to getting into her.
Then in 1000km a service including cam chain tension check and possible fit a manual tensioner (x2)

So I guess there goes the best part of the $1000 I saved on the purchase price but Scarlett should be the arm tearer she has the potential to be.

I have calculated the range on the first tank of fuel (Caltex 98) and some of it was at very high speed and I recorded 7.13L/100km so I have a working range of over 200km on a tour and thats good enough for me. Probably 150km getting up it though.

Oh and it looks like my bike comes with the not so rare none working indicators! Some days they work and some days they don't and its a common issue apparently so I'll be looking for another switch block off another model. Who needs indicators when you're ahead of the traffic anyway? Laughing

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down