Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My take on pillion peg mod

2 posters

Go down

My take on pillion peg mod Empty My take on pillion peg mod

Post  Bosco15 Wed 11 Dec 2013, 8:09 pm

I have fabricated the pillion peg extensions that others have posted on here and moved the hanger brackets forward 90mm to the next hole. 
seemed to be ok. I used square tube as my extension, as it moved the brackets out giving more clearance between my heels and missus' toes. 

A little bit of brainstorming whilst laying in bed and I thought that I might try swapping left bracket to right side and vice verse. Lo and behold, the pegs end up in the same place as with the extension, but brackets bolted to original holes. The only downside is that the peg mounting lug is angled and the reversed brackets are now positioned in the horizontal plane. Source some round pegs and I'll be sweet. 

Will post some pics when I learn how for your perusal.

Back to top Go down

My take on pillion peg mod Empty Re: My take on pillion peg mod

Post  Bosco15 Wed 11 Dec 2013, 9:24 pm

ok, figured it out. 

So, the left hand side had the pannier mount going to the peg pivot bolt. A little visual geometrical rotation and I decided to cut and rotate it. Only required a small massage to get the bend right to go up to frame mount. a little rod insert, weld it back together and Bob's your aunties live in lover.
My take on pillion peg mod 01311

A lick of paint and you wouldn't know it wasn't stock. Pitty my spray gun has been borrowed. Mission to recover it tomoz.

The right hand side needed the end can hanger bracket bending up out of a strip of 3mm I found on an old weights bench. welded it to square tube that I used to space peg brackets out. Pannier bracket was ok.  

My take on pillion peg mod 01510

Now I just need the pegs.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Sun 05 Jan 2014, 2:59 pm

The end result.

My take on pillion peg mod 01210

Thanks to a donated pair of alloy push bike cranks, cut and massaged, and Cbr125 pedal rubbers we have nice new repositioned pillion pegs. 

The only problem now is that the missus has decided that she prefers to ride the big grey pussycat rather than be a pillion. So I have been relegated to the Sv and we ride as a couple. Women, hey?

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 05 Jan 2014, 7:35 pm

Thought she was hovering  over it in your other post  Laughing ............................maybe take it in turns ..............if you dare suggest it   lol!

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Sun 05 Jan 2014, 8:08 pm

Lmao.  
Yeh. Chris had her turn on the Sv. She rode it out of the driveway for me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down