Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exhaust Popping

3 posters

Go down

Exhaust Popping Empty Exhaust Popping

Post  Lucky Tue 03 Dec 2013, 7:16 pm

Hi fellas, just recently installed a Holeshot Stage 2 kit to my '05 Bandit - (Kit with 5deg Advancer, K&N Oval Filters and 48 tooth rear sprocket). I had it fine tuned by a mechanic that I respect and it's a fucking weapon, finally pulls right through to redline and wants to tear your arms from their fucking sockets! My plan is to give it a run over the quarter mile at a test and tune at Willowbank. My problem is since I installed the kit, on idle, it pops like a Hardley firing every 4th revolution (sounds shithouse). It has a Yoshi Tri Oval Slipon and when I removed it and just had the open headers there was no popping sound. Has anyone had this problem and do I need a more open or shorty muffler?
Lucky
Lucky

Back to top Go down

Exhaust Popping Empty Re: Exhaust Popping

Post  Hammy Wed 04 Dec 2013, 7:47 am

Block your pairs system off.  Hose under tank running down R/H side. Find where it connects. Pull apart. Block hose at both ends and put back together. Problem fixed.  Holeshot also sells the pairs block off kit which I have installed. It gets rid of all the unnessacery plumbing and junk.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Wed 04 Dec 2013, 11:40 am

as hammy said, if under decal, removing pairs may fix this.It can also possibly mean to lean.(check plug colour)

if stationary at idle, may be a simple air leak....could be mixture screws......could be slim chance of pilot jets
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky Wed 04 Dec 2013, 7:11 pm

Thanks guys, it only does it on idle and not under compression going back down the gears and since the install of the Stage 2 kit it doesn't pop like it did going down the gears. As soon as you raise the revs the slightest off idle, the annoying pop goes. I sprayed carby clean around the manifolds etc. when it was idling to see if it changed revs because of a leak...but nothing!
Lucky
Lucky

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Thu 05 Dec 2013, 8:48 am

could be mixture screw settings!

could be pilot jets not correct!

could be accelerator pump not working properly!

so everything else is working fine?  no flat spots, pulls lineal "all" the way through the rev range, and the only problem is this stumble?

if its a holeshot kit, he`s pretty well got them sorted out, it will only be fine tuning. try and richen the mixture screws a little.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 05 Dec 2013, 9:26 am

If you changed the Mains & Pilots in the stage 2 kit then it must have a leak somewhere. Check all manifolds ( they do crack with age ). Vacum hose ?  Float levels could be out.  Do you still have the O2 sensor in place ? Does sound like you need slightly larger pilots.  All else fails. Off to a good shop.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum