Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FZ1 2006- onwards

2 posters

Go down

FZ1 2006- onwards Empty FZ1 2006- onwards

Post  mtbeerwah Tue 26 Nov 2013, 7:33 pm

hey all,

has anyone here owned 06 onward (the injected models, don`t want the carbie model) FZ1`s?

I`ve tested a couple when they first came out, and found the seat was way to hard, and at the time of release, remember the critics slamming the fuelling of the injection.

putting that aside, I never got to ride it anywhere near its capability, and was wondering if any of you have owned one, and what it was like to live with.

these things are a weapon, and was thinking of a second bike.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

FZ1 2006- onwards Empty Re: FZ1 2006- onwards

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 26 Nov 2013, 8:19 pm

Well mate I test ride a newish one before buying the carbied version.  The older bike killed it. Newer ones might look better but they're not "better". 
I just sold mine for 6k and it was like new.

Just my opinion.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Tue 26 Nov 2013, 8:45 pm

in what way, as an overall package?

I`ve ridden a few carbied like the one you owned, and loved the bike. this was way back when I was looking at the bandit. the only thing that turned me off was the lack of instant torque.

i still think the ultimate bike for me, would be the 01-05 FZ1 with the 1200 bandit engine. that's just a personal thing in how i like to ride, and what i want out of an engine.

but you got me thinking now!
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 26 Nov 2013, 9:09 pm

mtbeerwah wrote:in what way, as an overall package?

I`ve ridden a few carbied like the one you owned, and loved the bike. this was way back when I was looking at the bandit. the only thing that turned me off was the lack of instant torque.

i still think the ultimate bike for me, would be the 01-05 FZ1 with the 1200 bandit engine. that's just a personal thing in how i like to ride, and what i want out of an engine.

but you got me thinking now!
Mate its pretty well agreed by those who know that the original FZ1 with its R1 cast offs were a better bike all round. The EFI bikes were not as R1 based as before. Mine had brilliant brakes and fully adjustable suspension.  A ripper seat and the Genesis 20v engine loved 9000k or more (redline 11500) its true they lacked torque but compared to a Bandit they all do. 128hp and 190kg out of the box. 
The 2011 I rode had woeful suspension.  Average brakes.  Heavy clutch hard seat. Was hot on my legs but the engine was good but no better than mine power wise. Probably a bit more economical though.

There is a thread on here about the test.  I was disappointed.  True it could all be fixed but shouldn't have to be. 

You're wondering why I sold mine?  Because it was more saleable and exotic than a built to a price Bandit. 
Used at $6 - 7k they're bloody good value. 
If you're looking they were all exactly the same 01 - 05 so buy on condition.  I know of 1 that's got 175, 000km on the clock. There is one on the FZ1OA forum thats got over 200,000 miles (US) I think its an 02 model.  Bullet proof with basic maint.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Tue 26 Nov 2013, 9:18 pm

that's a pretty good reason!!

the carbied i rode, like you say, the rolling chassis package is brilliant!!! and that's some pretty good claims on mileage as well.

thanks for that mate!
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum