Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danmoto GP Extreme

5 posters

Go down

Danmoto GP Extreme Empty Danmoto GP Extreme

Post  Big_Dez Tue 26 Nov 2013, 12:38 pm

Hey hey.

I got Danmoto slipons for my old 400 Monster and was pretty happy with them. The quality was fine, they did the job and the company was great to work with.

So I thought, for my spanking new ’96 model 1200 I would get their GP Extreme. I will of course be getting pod filters and rejetting, but hopefully for now I can get away with just attaching a nicer, lighter, better sounding slip on.

Anyway, I decided to take the plunge at 830 on Thursday night. Today (Tuesday) my new pipe turned up at my house.
 For $162 (with a DB killer) delivered in 4.5 days, you *have* to give these guys props.
I’ll get a before and after video up on youtube shortly.

Peace out

http://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/gsf-600-1200-bandit-n-s-gp-extrem-1996-2006-product-111.html

Big_Dez

Back to top Go down

Danmoto GP Extreme Empty Re: Danmoto GP Extreme

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 1:19 pm

Certainly the price was right.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsim Tue 26 Nov 2013, 8:05 pm

Any Idea what the DB on these are?
Tsim
Tsim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Wed 27 Nov 2013, 3:52 pm

Too loud. Unless they've changed.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Dez Tue 17 Dec 2013, 11:00 am

Well, if it’s too loud, you’re too old!

Had the pipe on there for a couple of weeks now.

Got a bit of popping on decel, which isn’t too bad.
Starts beautifully, even on a coldish morning. Idles way better than it did before.
Feels like it's lost a little bottom end torque but is quicker at high revs. Havent dynoed, but my phone dyno app suggests around 76ft/lbs and 110hp, which is no change on torque and +6hp.

On the noise thing, they forgot to put the baffle in the box (though I did get a belt buckle and an iphone case) so its still on the way.
I find the noise level quite reasonable, although it *is* loud. I think bikes should be loud though.
I got a message from my girl this morning saying she could hear me (through the open window) all the way to the end of the street and round the corner, even counted the gear changes up and down and then the take off.
My street is about five blocks (800m) long.

Big_Dez

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 17 Dec 2013, 5:52 pm

Then there is the other point of view ,yes i'm old .
I bought a danmoto (not your model ) and it was the biggest piece of shit I have ever waisted my money on . Loud , as in deafening after 50 kls  and
the bike lost lots of midrange power (LOTS).In fact i'll give it away free (postage only ) cone type .
I had another pair included in the Tl s I bought and the quality was terrible .I sold them both for $80 unused .
Sorry but calling it as I found it .Oh , the link pipe didn't fit either .
Looked good though .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Dez Thu 19 Dec 2013, 4:16 pm

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with them Gus. Interesting that the same thing can be so different to different people.

Got the DB killer in there testerday by the way. Seems to make no difference. I think you said the same thing somewhere else?? They have a metal sleeve around the thing now, which they didnt used to have. Means you cant plug up the holes to make it a quieter...

I'd be happy to give that cone pipe a good home if you want to send it down my way. I'll paypal you the postage. Got a KZ650 ratbike it might work on...

Big_Dez

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 20 Dec 2013, 3:54 pm

I'll package it up and get postage price .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum