Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandit Forum Get Together Stage 2

+8
Kiwisteve
reddog
Jimmy the Boy
Baz
2wheelsagain
Ewok1958
madmax
Hammy
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bandit Forum Get Together Stage 2 Empty Bandit Forum Get Together Stage 2

Post  Hammy Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:15 am

OK we've all seen how much fun you can have with a few bikes, a few beers and plenty of laughs .  How about the next gathering ( for the east coast ) to be on the long weekend of Australia Day. 25th - 27th of Jan next year.  Weather will still be great. Only thing would be guys that have other plans and maybe the amount of traffic on the roads. My ideal location would be DRAKE !  Fantastic roads all around to go and explore.  Open to suggestions.   Lets Do It !

Last edited by Hammy on Wed 06 Nov 2013, 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Bandit Forum Get Together Stage 2 Empty Re: Bandit Forum Get Together Stage 2

Post  madmax Wed 06 Nov 2013, 11:08 am

Hammy wrote:OK we've all seen how much fun you can have with a few bikes, a few beers and plenty of laughs .  How about the next gathering ( for the east coast ) to be on the long weekend of Australia Day. 25th - 27th of Feb next year.  Weather will still be great. Only thing would be guys that have other plans and maybe the amount of traffic on the roads. My ideal location would be DRAKE !  Fantastic roads all around to go and explore.  Open to suggestions.   Lets Do It !
Hate to tell you this but Australia Day is in January Razz

I wouldn't make it, the Australia Day weekend (25th-27th of Jan) is our family camping trip.

Also I would take me 3 days to get there. And I don't have the leave to throw at it.

As much as i enjoyed the Cowra trip I think we need to space these a little further apart, time wise that is.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 06 Nov 2013, 11:32 am

Sorry my Ooops.  Just puttin' it out there.  I have been through a bit of stuff the past few years, like a lot of others.  And I have decided that life is just too short to not go out there and enjoy what you love.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 06 Nov 2013, 11:40 am

Hammy wrote:Sorry my Ooops.  Just puttin' it out there.  I have been through a bit of stuff the past few years, like a lot of others.  And I have decided that life is just too short to not go out there and enjoy what you love.
Oh I don't disagree, I would love to, but Cowra cost me 6 days of leave and Christ know how much in funds ( i don't actually want to sit down and work it out )

I'm thinking 12 months apart is a good time frame. Gives people time to save up and plan it.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 06 Nov 2013, 11:47 am

Guess you maybe right there MM.  I'm still coming "down" from the ride.  Please excuse my excitement.  Must have been the Duck !  scratch Rolling Eyes affraid
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 12:04 pm

Hammy wrote:Guess you maybe right there MM.  I'm still coming "down" from the ride.  Please excuse my excitement.  Must have been the Duck !  scratch Rolling Eyes affraid
LOL! I'll bet he's still searching room 6 for your address.  Razz Razz 

Re the next one, I'm in for a trip to Dake - the important thing will be to ensure there is an opportunity to do something on the middle day that doesn't involve too much riding (for those that will be putting in the 2,500+ kms to get there and back over days 1 and 3.

As much as I'd be up for a ride before next winter sets in, I take MM's point - an annual event gives more time to save and then savor the next one.  Nothing to say smaller in-between local rides can't be organised though.  I guess I have an advantage in that respect that I live close by to Jim Coleman and the Far South Coast Riders Group is very active (we have a double overnighter coming up at the end of November).

It was good fun though, I agree. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 06 Nov 2013, 1:26 pm

I'm out if its before May and especially if riding in QLD heat Smile

I say make the official gathering an annual event so we have time to plan and save cash and brownie points for it.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Wed 06 Nov 2013, 3:01 pm

Have to agree with the others, 12 months apart is about right.

Now having said that, I'm in for a run to Drake ... via Oxley Hwy.  Very Happy

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 06 Nov 2013, 3:08 pm

Baz wrote:Have to agree with the others, 12 months apart is about right.

If a couple of you southern gals would like to come up here and sample our northern hospitality, just let me know and I will book us in. It's not that far.  Wink
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 06 Nov 2013, 3:29 pm

Hammy wrote:
Baz wrote:Have to agree with the others, 12 months apart is about right.

If a couple of you southern gals would like to come up here and sample our northern hospitality, just let me know and I will book us in. It's not that far.  Wink
If your looking at early November again, count me in, even as far as Drake, if that is the decided location. Gives me time to book in the holidays and save some mullah.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Wed 06 Nov 2013, 6:51 pm

Hammy wrote:Guess you maybe right there MM.  I'm still coming "down" from the ride.  Please excuse my excitement.  Must have been the Duck !  scratch Rolling Eyes affraid
Duck!! I pictured you as a " cutlet man " myself. Oooooohhh ( said in the voice of Kenneth Williams)lol!
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 06 Nov 2013, 6:54 pm

I'm going to try and fire up a West coast run. Mayeb a short one at first and see if we can drum up some interest. Looks like the last East coast run went well.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:44 pm

Jimmy the Boy wrote:
Duck!! I pictured you as a " cutlet man " myself. Oooooohhh ( said in the voice of Kenneth Williams)lol!
I'll never be able to look at a duck and keep a straight face for the rest of my life Jim.  I'm too scared to tell Jan that story because of what she would think went on.    Never laughed so much in a long time.  Thanks mate.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Fri 08 Nov 2013, 7:13 am

Hammy, Of all the towns in Australia you had to come up with Drake?? You just can't let go of this fascination with duck can you?Laughing Laughing Laughing
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Fri 08 Nov 2013, 8:03 am

Jimmy the Boy wrote:Hammy, Of all the towns in Australia you had to come up with Drake?? You just can't let go of this fascination with duck can you?Laughing Laughing Laughing
lol! lol!

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 08 Nov 2013, 9:01 am

Jimmy the Boy wrote:Hammy, Of all the towns in Australia you had to come up with Drake?? You just can't let go of this fascination with duck can you?Laughing Laughing Laughing
Honestly,   It's the Ducks Nuts. Sorry there I go again.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 08 Nov 2013, 9:57 am

2wheelsagain wrote:I'm out if its before May and especially if riding in QLD heat Smile

I say make the official gathering an annual event so we have time to plan and save cash and brownie points for it.
Drake is in NSW 2W. Very Happy  All for the annual thing, cause that's what annual stands for.  Once a year.  But nothing wrong with a few guys/gals that can , and want to partake in a smaller gathering. Probably cause us            Ïslanders " don't have the ride opportunities that you mainland folk have. Try to imagine being stuck on a place with a bike that just wants to go out and eat 100s of ks and all you can do is ride 6ks up and down. Sad  I'm not after pity. I love it here. The Cowra ride was a real wake up call.  Get out while you still can.  Never know 2W. I might even come down your way sometime and you can show me some of those great wildlife locations that you go.  No ducks though.  Dr Jimmys orders. Smile
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Fri 08 Nov 2013, 11:34 am

Hammy I was looking at Drake last night, its a very small town with limited accommodation. I suggest Tenterfield which is a much larger town with more opportunities and only 50ks further down the road.

What do you think?

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Fri 08 Nov 2013, 11:39 am

Apparently theres a good saddler there which is handy as a few of us might have a sore bum from the ride. Not half as sore as the bloke who wrote the song though.Laughing
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 08 Nov 2013, 12:07 pm

madmax wrote:Hammy I was looking at Drake last night, its a very small town with limited accommodation. I suggest Tenterfield which is a much larger town with more opportunities and only 50ks further down the road.

What do you think?
Drake is small. But Huge on hospitality. It has ample accommodation as well.  Trust me !    Said the Vicar to the choir boy.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Fri 08 Nov 2013, 4:02 pm

Hammy wrote:
madmax wrote:Hammy I was looking at Drake last night, its a very small town with limited accommodation. I suggest Tenterfield which is a much larger town with more opportunities and only 50ks further down the road.

What do you think?
Drake is small. But Huge on hospitality. It has ample accommodation as well.  Trust me !    Said the Vicar to the choir boy.
Doesn't look like it has much, from google maps and street view all you can see is a very small hotel

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Fri 08 Nov 2013, 8:50 pm

& if you're one of the lucky few, you may be able to ride your bike thru the bar!
Oh, sorry, that was a few years ago Very Happy 
I won't be able to make it that weekend Hammy, I'm going to my mum's 80th. But I'll be up for a ride up that way at some other time

Cruise n Comfort seat cover
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 08 Nov 2013, 9:13 pm

Jimmy the Boy wrote:Apparently theres a good saddler there which is handy as a few of us might have a sore bum from the ride. Not half as sore as the bloke who wrote the song though.Laughing
I think he had that fixed .....................lol! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAjSWZQNXLU

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 09 Nov 2013, 7:57 am

Kiwisteve wrote:& if you're one of the lucky few, you may be able to ride your bike thru the bar!
Oh, sorry, that was a few years ago Very Happy 
I won't be able to make it that weekend Hammy, I'm going to my mum's 80th. But I'll be up for a ride up that way at some other time
No firm date yet KS.  Recycled is showing some interest and we would definitely change dates around so that all that are interested can make it.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 09 Nov 2013, 8:03 am

madmax wrote:
Hammy wrote:

What do you think?
Doesn't look like it has much, from google maps and street view all you can see is a very small hotel
You City folk. Rolling Eyes .  The pub has a good size bar ( there are five motorbikes sitting along one wall ). A nice pool table. A large dinning area with the best tucker. Small pokies area. A huge outdoor beer garden. And a cricket ground right at the back door !
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next