Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FZ1 For Sale ~ SOLD

+2
gus
2wheelsagain
6 posters

Go down

FZ1 For Sale ~ SOLD Empty FZ1 For Sale ~ SOLD

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 04 Nov 2013, 8:13 am

2001 FZ1 excellent condition. 
Just had 24k service. 
Good tyres (Power Pures), chain & sprockets. 
Comes with RWC, jet kit (not installed), Ventura rack, rear hugger, crash knobs, Remus Carbon Fibre GP can & original can & dark screen. 

Bike had all fresh fluids, plugs & carb balance at 18k service. I'll be sad to see it go but its time for a collectable V Twin.

$6,600 firm. No test rides without sizeable deposit. Can be seen at Golden Beach, Sale & Traralgon areas. 

Inbox for more photos or questions. Or call 0466870994 and leave a message. 

Advertised elsewhere.

FZ1 For Sale ~ SOLD 20131029_135814

FZ1 For Sale ~ SOLD 20131029_135858

Last edited by 2wheelsagain on Fri 22 Nov 2013, 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

FZ1 For Sale ~ SOLD Empty Re: FZ1 For Sale ~ SOLD

Post  gus Mon 04 Nov 2013, 9:29 am

And why not the bandit instead ? And what v ?
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 04 Nov 2013, 1:13 pm

A TL maybe ??
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Mon 04 Nov 2013, 3:56 pm

A VX800..... Razz

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 05 Nov 2013, 4:24 pm

gus wrote:And why not the bandit instead ? And what v ?
There are a couple of V's on my list.  I have nominated a few in previous posts if you care to search Smile Will depend on how quickly I can sell the FZ1. 
A couple of members here are on the lookout for me and are offering advice and pointers.

Why not the Bandit? Good question as as have often said the FZ1 is a superior machine.

Part of the reason is my location. Part of the reason is the convenience of hitting the starter and riding without a flat spot until warmed up. Part of it is an attempt to hold onto my license.  But...... The FZ1 is superior in every way except for what I use the B1250 for 90% of the time. That is the rural flat/straight 40km commute.  The long distance tour and the metro traffic lottery when I head to Melb.  Basically what I have now is 2 Bandits. If my commute was twisties it would be a no brainer. FZ1 would stay. My gym commitments take up some spare time these days too and carting that gear around sees me driving more than before too.

The FZ1 is worth about the same money but probably more saleable coming into summer. 

So if im going to justify having 2 bikes they should be different I reckon and because there are a couple of V's I've always liked and can now afford and more importantly fit on its time to make room in the shed. 

Feel free to tell your mates I have a very good FZ1 for sale.

Last edited by 2wheelsagain on Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:53 am

I agree totally with you 2W. I sort of wondered about that point when you first purchased the FZ1. A V Twin now that you have shed those extra kilos will be so much fun.  I swapped bikes with Jimmy up at Cowra, ( cause I wanted him to see what a real Bandit goes like. Laughing Laughing  )  . Thirty years younger and 30 kilos lighter, OK.  I rode a TL and a VTR when they first came out. I was lighter then. Very Happy .  Jimmys is a great example and one would be hard pushed to find one in such great condition. Love the sound and the delivery. BUT. Ask Jimmy and I think that he will agree that the Bandit seems lighter in the steering to flick around than the TL. Maybe not for a small rider. And maybe the steering dampner on the TL was set too tight. Not sure.  Jimmy would love the nice twisties that we have up here. Hint Hint.  Look forward to seeing what you come up with 2W. Am sure you will sell the FZ quickly as it looks in very nice nick.  Another thing too is that John and I rode 890 ks on sunday and I could have kept going.  The Bandit, when set up nice is a very comfortable long distance tourer.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Wed 06 Nov 2013, 3:20 pm

Agree with everything you've said Hammy. I was looking for a stretch at about 200km mark everytime. TL is great traveling at speed so the wind holds you up a bit. Very comfortable above 100kmh and no buffering like the Bandit. Steering Damper is factory non adjustable so no joy there. Hammys Bandit was set up beautifully with after market suspension and steered on rails and was also very light. It's all about that V Twin engine though, it's superb.Very Happy
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 06 Nov 2013, 7:03 pm

Still not as bad as my daughters ex .....rode over to Phillip island with us on a 600 ninja.............nothing like the sight in your mirrors of a lanky lad ( father of some of your grand kids ) sitting on his tank riding along with his legs dangling down  to relieve some of the agony LOL

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum