Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Niiiiiiiice.

+4
Jimcoleman
mtbeerwah
paul
Hammy
8 posters

Go down

Niiiiiiiice. Empty Niiiiiiiice.

Post  Hammy Tue 08 Oct 2013, 5:53 pm

Took the bandit ( She still has no name ) over to Springwood Suzuki today for a couple of little things. While I was looking around, something caught my eye. Got chatting to a nice. not pushy salesman who asked. " Do you want to take it for a spin " ?  No pressure. Full tank. Go for as long as ya like. He showed me the tricky gizmos. Touring. Race. Wet settings. And off I went on a practically brand new Moto Guzzi California 1400.  About an hour later I returned. Very surprising. Loads of grunt as you would expect. Smooth gearbox. And for such a big bike, very nimble when you want it to be. I noticed that I was getting lots of stares from guys in cars and trucks. It has a presence. 24 grand drive away. Crying or Very sad  Not yet.
Was a nice way to fill in some time though.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Niiiiiiiice. Empty Re: Niiiiiiiice.

Post  paul Tue 08 Oct 2013, 6:26 pm

They certainly look well suited for longer trips , but they don't look like a good all rounder if you also commute Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 08 Oct 2013, 6:32 pm

Hammy wrote:Took the bandit ( She still has no name )

Silver ?

Hi ho silver ..........away .................Laughing

Think you'll be old enough to remember Razz

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Tue 08 Oct 2013, 6:58 pm

you gotta love springwood Suzuki, they always just through you the keys and say don`t come back until you`ve had enough.

this is where I tested a new v4 tuono..I love that bike, very close to buying!!

its good to test new bikes all the time, to keep in touch with what`s on the market.

on the way down to Phillip Is last year , I meet up with a couple of blokes, one had a duke, and the other had a new "1200" guzzi.

we swapped bikes for about 100km`s, and as you say, they are very nibble, and comfortable seating.

I found the "1200" to be a bit down on power to mine, but wasn`t giving it a hard time, as it wasn`t my bike, and I`d never do that to someone else` bike anyway

so.. would you trade Hammy?

edit: just looked up what you rode, didn`t realize it was a cruiser style. the guzzi I rode was sports tourer.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 08 Oct 2013, 8:57 pm

No I wouldn't trade "Silver" in. She's stayin'.  Talked to a nice bloke there that they had loant a V4 Tuono for all of last weekend.  Hows That ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Tue 08 Oct 2013, 9:40 pm

Hammy its a italian niche motorbike, my mates guzzi 1200 sport is always got some niggly thing wrong with it i rock round most week ends to find it in bits.
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  aussie Wed 09 Oct 2013, 9:19 am

A friend bought one of the new water cooled BM1200GS. He had it for 3 weeks - 1100 Km - and they had it back at the workshop for 14 weeks. gearbox - clutch - engine & active suspension/mode problems. Last week they gave him a new bike.  So even the "best" read expensive bikes can be quirky.

aussie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Wed 09 Oct 2013, 12:19 pm

Niiiiiiiice. 99465d1318993269-2000-day-ride-so-far-any-ideas-mechanics-out-riders
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 09 Oct 2013, 5:24 pm

Ha , I like that .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  stu Wed 16 Oct 2013, 4:54 pm

Hammy wrote:Took the bandit ( She still has no name ) over to Springwood Suzuki today for a couple of little things. While I was looking around, something caught my eye. Got chatting to a nice. not pushy salesman who asked. " Do you want to take it for a spin " ?  No pressure. Full tank. Go for as long as ya like. He showed me the tricky gizmos. Touring. Race. Wet settings. And off I went on a practically brand new Moto Guzzi California 1400.  About an hour later I returned. Very surprising. Loads of grunt as you would expect. Smooth gearbox. And for such a big bike, very nimble when you want it to be. I noticed that I was getting lots of stares from guys in cars and trucks. It has a presence. 24 grand drive away. Crying or Very sad  Not yet.
about the same price as FJR then... which would you prefer??? Very Happy

stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 16 Oct 2013, 8:44 pm

stu wrote:
Hammy wrote:Took the bandit ( She still has no name ) over to Springwood Suzuki today for a couple of little things. While I was looking around, something caught my eye. Got chatting to a nice. not pushy salesman who asked. " Do you want to take it for a spin " ?  No pressure. Full tank. Go for as long as ya like. He showed me the tricky gizmos. Touring. Race. Wet settings. And off I went on a practically brand new Moto Guzzi California 1400.  About an hour later I returned. Very surprising. Loads of grunt as you would expect. Smooth gearbox. And for such a big bike, very nimble when you want it to be. I noticed that I was getting lots of stares from guys in cars and trucks. It has a presence. 24 grand drive away. Crying or Very sad  Not yet.
about the same price as FJR then... which would you prefer??? Very Happy
The Guzzi.  But they are two different bikes.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum