Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fork brace

+2
Dekenai
stretch
6 posters

Go down

Fork brace Empty Fork brace

Post  stretch Sat 22 May 2010, 10:30 am

Im thinking of fitting a fork brace to my 1250s. Has anyone fitted one?
I have one fitted to my DR (on it when i bought it) and it is very stable at speed (for a DR) for a trail bike. You can get them from the USA for around USD $136 + $30 POSTAGE (but not at the momemt the way the Aussie dollar is). They pull apart and take 10 minutes to fit. Anyone.

stretch

Back to top Go down

Fork brace Empty Re: Fork brace

Post  Dekenai Sat 22 May 2010, 1:35 pm

I have not always been a big believer as I fitted one to a GSX1100 I had years ago and didn't notice much (if any) improvement. However the Holeshot brace I put on my B1250 made a big difference and I would suggest that it is money well spent (that plus new springs and revised compression and rebound damping).

Cheers
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Fork brace Empty When does a Bandit need a fork brace?

Post  1952 Mon 24 May 2010, 10:47 pm

I haven't done a huge number of curves on my new Bandit yet - but I have certainly gone through some fairly bumpy ones, and all I remember is thinking how solid the Bandit felt to the GS850 I once rode. Are we talking 'track work' when you mention a fork brace - or a loaded to the gills with a pillion tour? I'm 100 kgms and have softened up the front forks to the max. and don't detect any worrying wobbles. Maybe Adelaide and environs are all too smooth? Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  stretch Tue 25 May 2010, 9:29 am

1952 wrote:I haven't done a huge number of curves on my new Bandit yet - but I have certainly gone through some fairly bumpy ones, and all I remember is thinking how solid the Bandit felt to the GS850 I once rode. Are we talking 'track work' when you mention a fork brace - or a loaded to the gills with a pillion tour? I'm 100 kgms and have softened up the front forks to the max. and don't detect any worrying wobbles. Maybe Adelaide and environs are all too smooth? Cool

The Bandit aint no track bike!. No mainly one/two up fully loaded touring. Will be getting Frank Pons to do the forks some time this year with heavier springs and a revalve. I really havent done too many ks really pushing the bike to get a weave or wobble yet. Sounds like i need a ride up Thunderbolts and down the Oxley Laughing Laughing Laughing or vice versa to really see whats the go

stretch

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 25 May 2010, 4:24 pm

Holeshot make a nice brace. If they make you feel better go for it. Personally I'll put the $$ into a respring and valve on the front.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruisecontrol Tue 25 May 2010, 5:12 pm

stretch wrote:
The Bandit aint no track bike!

I beg to differ!
Put a decent set of suspenders on and it is more than capable of embarrassing an unwary "sportsbike" rider.
I have had the old girl around Oran park a couple of times and on a shorter/tighter track the engine is a gem. I actually lapped a mate on his 2007 CBR Thou Twisted Evil

Cruisecontrol

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Tue 25 May 2010, 5:32 pm

Cruisecontrol wrote:
stretch wrote:

I beg to differ!

+1 CC
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Tue 25 May 2010, 5:52 pm

Dekenai wrote:
Cruisecontrol wrote:
stretch wrote:

I beg to differ!

+1 CC

+2

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  stretch Wed 26 May 2010, 9:31 am

I think the difference comes down to the RIDER, a capable rider can make any bike quick around a track. My thoughts only. Cool
A number of years ago at Eastern Creek when my son was racing a 250 Proddy RGV Suzuki and i was on a VFR750 Honda, he lapped me in a 20 minute session. he was capable of doing 1.43s on the RGV and i was only doing 2min +++!! Shocked Shocked LOL.

stretch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down