Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted to buy

+2
Bronwyn
Jimcoleman
6 posters

Go down

Wanted to buy Empty Wanted to buy

Post  Jimcoleman Sun 30 Jun 2013, 10:18 pm

Any one got a good rear shock for sale me thinks mine becoming to the end of its life. Like the chain and sprokets, battery ..........
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Wanted to buy Empty Re: Wanted to buy

Post  Bronwyn Sun 30 Jun 2013, 11:13 pm

I have all those items plus a few more, see add " 96 Bandit for sale" lol

Bronwyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 01 Jul 2013, 6:25 am

If you're going to keep the Bandit for a while Jim, I would suggest going with a better rear shock than the standard. Even one off a GSXR1000 will do a much better job. And you will get one relatively cheap. Check out ebay.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Mon 01 Jul 2013, 8:46 am

Got one Jim, its a got about 5000 kms on it, where are you?
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 01 Jul 2013, 6:36 pm

Happy to courier it to Jim from your place Peter.  My wife is going down to the valley on Thu so I'd have to pick it up after work either tomorrow or Wednesday night.  Or next week if that is too soon.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Tue 02 Jul 2013, 7:06 am

No worries then, you can have it for a slab (or equiv, or free if times are hard) and Ewok will bring it down to you,

Cheers Peter
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 02 Jul 2013, 5:31 pm

Deke's - I've already got your mobile so I'll give you a ring.  But some pear-shaped stuff happening with some poor friends of ours (their 17yo just got put in a correctional centre today so you can imagine the turmoil) so it might be next week or the week after.  But definitely happy to courier it as no problems at either end.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Wed 03 Jul 2013, 7:16 pm

Sorry for the Delay in getting back to you guys, just been smashed with work. Ok it appears my shock is not stuffed but it is not as good should be. Due a 10 kg weight loss and the spring being wound up to 6 it was bloody uncomfortable ride so we backed the spring off 1 step and played with the damping and it feels much better. so we will plod along till it dies

Dekenai thanks for the offer of the standard shock but i think ill pass and put my money into a after market shock for about $600, just not keen to demolish half the rear end to put a shock in that is not going improve handling.

and thanks for the transport offer ewok 

Jim
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  ilRazzo Wed 10 Jul 2013, 12:02 pm

Hi Jim

Mine is a 2009 ABS and the original shock blew at approx 30K. In April, sourced a replacement Hagon brand shock from 'Moose Racing Products' in Vic.
link: http://www.hagonoz.com.au/services

It cost me $530 plus postage for shock with upgraded spring (ie 100kg rider) and took just over 2 weeks from time of order to delivery here to me in Sydney. Service was prompt.

The ABS prevents the use of a lot of shocks that have reservoirs attached (like the those fitted to GSXR1000).

Anyhoo, just in case you are interested. I am no expert, but so far the new shock seems to be up to it.

And you are correct, there is a lot of farking about to change out a rear shock! Wink 

(I have no affiliation with the supplier)

~ Brad

ilRazzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:03 pm

Yes that's right about the ABS unit obstructing a shock with a reservoir on it. I put a GSXR1000 rear into my 1200 and just had to remove the plastic tray that was there for the ABS unit. My 1250 has a Wlbers aftermarket with remote reservoirs. That seems the way to go if you want/need full and fast adjustability.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Wed 10 Jul 2013, 6:40 pm

Jimcoleman wrote:Dekenai thanks for the offer of the standard shock but i think ill pass and put my money into a after market shock for about $600, just not keen to demolish half the rear end to put a shock in that is not going improve handling.

Jim

Jim, you don't have to do that much to fit a new shock; from memory the main issue is that you need to reverse the top mounting bolt and a have a friend hold the nut while you thread the bolt.  I think I tried for half an hour by myself before going in an asking my wife for help; then got it first try!
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Thu 11 Jul 2013, 6:06 am

Dekenai wrote:
Jimcoleman wrote:Dekenai thanks for the offer of the standard shock but i think ill pass and put my money into a after market shock for about $600, just not keen to demolish half the rear end to put a shock in that is not going improve handling.

Jim

Jim, you don't have to do that much to fit a new shock; from memory the main issue is that you need to reverse the top mounting bolt and a have a friend hold the nut while you thread the bolt.  I think I tried for half an hour by myself before going in an asking my wife for help; then got it first try!
After backing off the spring one notch it is much nicer than i had expected. I went for a ride with my daughter on the back to bermi and found no change in handling and she even said it was more comfy than usual. I had the sag set for when i was 113kgs now i am 100 we just had to re adjust Very Happy 

Check out my ride report to bermi the rear mounted gopro has some wobble (to much leverage on the mount) me thinks but the rear is solidly planted
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 11 Jul 2013, 9:03 am

Yes the video certainly looks steady. I did notice in a couple of spots when you gave it a handful, the front looked to be getting light. That could be that the rear is a bit soft or a combination of pillion as well. Or, the Bandit just has soooooooooo much POWER !  Very Happy
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Thu 11 Jul 2013, 10:04 am

I had a problem with the guy on the multi he has a habit of parking his beak under my armpit so i like to keep my distance and see he has about 50 hp more life is always fun
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down