Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New tyre purchase, great price!

3 posters

Go down

New tyre purchase, great price! Empty New tyre purchase, great price!

Post  Cal Tue 25 Jun 2013, 7:34 pm

Hi all, just purchased and fitted a pair of Michelin PR2's from a mob in Qld. Sunstate motorcycles for $349 + $8 delivery to South Aust. They also have the PR3's for $399. Just thought I would let you all know if your out shopping for tyres. I fitted them myself as my farther-in-law owns a Tyre shop (cars) He could not get them through the shop as they are imported by GAS imports. The bike was purchased second hand with pilot sports on it. I have clocked up around 8,500 kms on the sports and they were due for a change (read bald in the centre) I have had PR2's before on other bikes so happy to stick with them. The bike actually handles again! Cheers Cal
Cal
Cal

http://www.calvinharris.photography

Back to top Go down

New tyre purchase, great price! Empty Re: New tyre purchase, great price!

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 25 Jun 2013, 7:48 pm

Yep, thanks to advice of a good deal posted by MadMax I got my current set of PR3's fitted and balanced for $400 - had to ride down to the Mornington Peninsula (Vic) to get them but that wasn't too bad as it gave me an excuse to see the family in Traralgon on the way through and the way back.  Seems not a chance in hell of getting that sort of price hereabouts in or around Canberra/Queanbeyan though.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Cal Tue 25 Jun 2013, 7:57 pm

I know what you mean, the local shops just grabbed the dealer price book out and read the RRP out. No calculating a better price, take it or leave it. At around $200 the difference, that's a set of heated grips and some oil for a service! I can't afford not to shop around.
Cal
Cal

http://www.calvinharris.photography

Back to top Go down

Post  stu Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:22 am

Ewok1958 wrote:Yep, thanks to advice of a good deal posted by MadMax I got my current set of PR3's fitted and balanced for $400 - had to ride down to the Mornington Peninsula (Vic) to get them but that wasn't too bad as it gave me an excuse to see the family in Traralgon on the way through and the way back.  Seems not a chance in hell of getting that sort of price hereabouts in or around Canberra/Queanbeyan though.

I got a set last week for about $476 in Canberra.... that was a "whopping" 10% discount and the shop was complaining about not making any money....

reckon that the mornington peninsula a bit far for me to go for new tyres, especially as the rear had a nail in it..... but that $400 sounds bloody good!

stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down