Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MotoGP, WSBK and ASBK talk.

4 posters

Go down

MotoGP, WSBK and ASBK talk. Empty MotoGP, WSBK and ASBK talk.

Post  Truck bandit Fri 31 May 2013, 10:18 am

I must say that I am happy to hear that Suzuki are testing a bike to come back to GPs next year. I just hope they will have an inline 4 cylinder as that is what they do well. They have made the best sportsbike (arguably) for the road over the last decade or more and they need to keep that going in the prototype series.

We may then see more development filter down to Superbikes and then the road bikes.

If you get a chance to do the corporate tent option at the GPs - go for it. I did it with Kawasaki in 2006 and Suzuki in '08 / '09 and we got pit walks each day, rider meetings, merchandise and great food. Suzuki may be good to be with next year!

We need another manufacturer up there at the moment as it feel a bit like a 2 make series with Honda/Yamaha fighting it out. The more this goes on, the more my love of the WSBK increases. With a lot more manufacturers, close racing and I think a lot more colourful characters, the WSBK's are good viewing. Its good to see Glen Allerton get a wild card at Laguna Seca later on, he deserves a good result to hopefully set himself up for an international seat.

The thing that gets me is the Australian scene, its a sad state of affairs having 2 competing championships. I used to go to as many meetings on the east coast of Aus that i could get to about a decade or more ago, but having the ASBK and FX, it's split the quality of riders in two and I have lost interest in both series. What else can you say but the 2 promoters don't have the interests of the Australian Racing scene at the forefront. This is a reason we don't see enough Aussies in MotoGP or WSBK anymore - the talent isn't being shown around the big teams and the Aus scene is not prestigious enough anymore.

Back to top Go down

MotoGP, WSBK and ASBK talk. Empty Re: MotoGP, WSBK and ASBK talk.

Post  b12mick Fri 31 May 2013, 10:46 am

Unfortunately in the last decade or so, other than a once off win for Suzuki (Kenny Jnr) and Ducati (Casey Stoner) it's been Yamaha and Honda. In fact other than a single championship by Kevin Schwantz, Suzuki hasn't been particularly successful in MotoGP/500's.

If memory serves me correctly Suzuki has only won one WSBK championship with Troy Corser. Aprilia have won 2 and Kawasaki 1. Other than that it's been Ducati and Honda.

But, yes it would be good to see Suzuki back in MotoGP.

WSBK is set for some big changes now that it's owned by Dorna. My guess (from what I've read) is that WSBK will be scaled back to more closely resemble production bikes - think World Super Stock 1000.

As for the local ASBK vs FX, unfortunately it simply reflects the state of motorcycling in this country on a whole. Splintered.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 31 May 2013, 10:49 am

Truck bandit wrote:They have made the best sportsbike (arguably) for the road over the last decade or more and they need to keep that going in the prototype series.

So you want an argument? All those Fireblade riders have wasted their money then? Laughing

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Fri 31 May 2013, 8:33 pm

Yes. They are boring
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down