Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sidecar found

+6
Hammy
barry_mcki
reddog
2wheelsagain
Dekenai
Phill
10 posters

Go down

Sidecar found - Page 2 Empty Sidecar found

Post  Phill Sun 26 May 2013, 7:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi is the Bandit outfit for sale on bike sales owned by one of us?? very very nice. I would add a link, but I have no idea how:oops: Please dont try to explan how I am hopless with computors:face:
Phill
Phill

Back to top Go down

Sidecar found - Page 2 Empty Re: Sidecar found

Post  fat pete Fri 07 Jun 2013, 7:14 pm

[quote="Woffo"]Hi Guys,
Yes, it is mine and it is only for sale because I have been well and truly bitten by the sidecar bug and so have decided to get Sean to build me one on an ST1100. This will suit me better as there is more space for my 6'6'' frame - much more leg room on the Honda. I have really enjoyed riding the outfit and it really is a great rig, very stable on the road and corners very comfortably, so if you are thinking about a sidecar it is a very well made example. As Barry pointed out the price is very reasonable considering the condition it is in and the quality of the design and work that has gone into it.

Cheers
Woffo[/quote

i got a very nice convertible that i can sell you for a good price,lol.
fat pete
fat pete

Back to top Go down

Post  fat pete Fri 07 Jun 2013, 7:17 pm

barry_mcki wrote:Not sure how loud your other half can shout, but usually the road noise drowns out the conversation from the passenger - but there is always the quick jab to the left thigh. Probably no different to how an upset pillion would display her displeasure in that respect. But I'm closer to 60 than 50 now, having the additional comforts with all this rigging doesn't worry me, and I've never been one to do things the same as the rest of the crowd - who else do you know that has 4 dogs weighing close to or over 100kgs each.

I have never thought about removing the chair, it is fairly well
engineered into the frame of the bike, but 4 bolts will disconnect the mechanical side of it.
Then I'm left with a bike that has the front end 100mm further forward due to the Leading link design, a road tire on the back and 130hp under me - not a very stable configuration.

Sidecar found - Page 2 Img_0710
Sidecar found - Page 2 Img_0610

However the hassle is the wiring, I've added a couple of additional components including the intercom
(figured listening to the better half was easier than the physical
alternatives).

Sidecar found - Page 2 Img_3510

just wondering what the go is with your brake line going under the guard like that??
fat pete
fat pete

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:34 pm

That shot was mainly to show the Leading Link setup, Sean had not finished the brakes at that stage. He ended up going with two individual braded lines to the master cylinder.

Sidecar found - Page 2 Img_4921
Sidecar found - Page 2 Img_2719

BTW, most of the mechanical setup on the blue Bandit in the OP was
developed on this red bike, however Sean went a bit further with the sidecar
itself, modifing the fibreglass mold and the subframe to take a 15"
wheel and associated suspension:

Sidecar found - Page 2 Blue_b10

Sidecar found - Page 2 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  fat pete Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:55 pm

i didnt think that you would have left the brake line like that,i got to say that both the bikes look to be very well built,i love the look of your seat,it looks very comfy..
fat pete
fat pete

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sat 08 Jun 2013, 12:58 am

Yes it is very comfy, I feel that it "locks" me into the bike making it feel a lot more secure - remember with the sidecar there is no laying the bike down for cornering. I've found I don't need my AirHawk for long runs anymore.

This model is a Corbin Holeshot , there are a couple of threads on here and other forums about seats. This one and the Sergeant arguably rate as the best after market, but you can also get the original redone by local upholsters and a couple members report they are very satisfied with the results (a lot cheaper as well - these Corbins are going for US$439 not including freight).

This model puts you about an inch lower than the lowest OEM setting and as it is a completely new molding, it doesn't use the old base so there is no adjustments like on the original seat. I'm 178cm and find this spot on, but if you are a couple of inches taller there could be a problem with your legs (hence how I picked mine up for $300 delivered from someone who originally ordered it from the States and could not get comfortable with it).

Sidecar found - Page 2 Corbin10Sidecar found - Page 2 Corbin11

Sidecar found - Page 2 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  fat pete Sat 08 Jun 2013, 3:58 pm

thanks for that,ive only just bought my Suzuki this week,i just did a quick 100k on it as pretty much a first ride and it was great,i did find the seat a little hard on the backside after about 70k,ive got an airhawk but the trouble is its off my old harley which had a big wide single seat on it.that seat of yours looks the go.wonder what something like that would look like on a 1200 model bandit,ill have to have a look and see if i can find a picture of one..
fat pete
fat pete

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down