Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil pressure warning light after oil change

+2
gus
vitesse
6 posters

Go down

neutral light - Oil pressure warning light after oil change Empty Oil pressure warning light after oil change

Post  vitesse Sun 19 May 2013, 4:39 am

Hi all, covered about 2500 km's so far with my Gsx 1250 fa and very happy with it. I gave it an oil and filter change today, first ran it upto temperature droped the oil and changed the filter (original Suzuki) refilled with correct quantity and grade oil. Started it up and was a bit surprised how long the oil pressure warning light stayed on. It was probably about 4 or 5 seconds. I've since read that it's a good idea to prime the filter first or at least let the element soak up a bit of oil before fitting but the owners manual doesn't mention this. My prevoius bike... a Honda Cb1300s the oil pressure light would go out almost straight away after an oil change start up. Am I worrying about nothing, does this sound typical of the 1250 engine or should I have done something different. Thanks for your comments.

vitesse

Back to top Go down

neutral light - Oil pressure warning light after oil change Empty Re: Oil pressure warning light after oil change

Post  gus Sun 19 May 2013, 7:20 am

Sounds about right to me .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

neutral light - Oil pressure warning light after oil change Empty Re: Oil pressure warning light after oil change

Post  kewwig Sun 19 May 2013, 10:19 am

Don't worry about it. Quite normal. That motor won't break
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  geekay007 Tue 21 May 2013, 1:08 am

Yeah, it's quite normal for that to happen. No worries at all.

TFi
Arrow full exhaust
Delkevic can
TRE set to 5th gear
Fork Brace
afro
geekay007
geekay007

Back to top Go down

Post  NTBill Tue 21 May 2013, 8:53 pm

Normal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Snorse Fri 24 May 2013, 3:04 pm

Absolutely normal. All Biked & car I've owned have been the same.

Snorse

Back to top Go down

Post  vitesse Sat 25 May 2013, 7:14 am

Thanks everyone for your replies, I can stop panicking and get back to enjoying my bike though next time I'll try to let the new filter soak up some oil before fitting.
cheers

vitesse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down