Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G'day people! Adeaide bike nut here!

+5
Re-Cycled
Big Al
potatomasher
Cameron
73XAX37XB12X
9 posters

Go down

G'day people! Adeaide bike nut here! Empty G'day people! Adeaide bike nut here!

Post  73XAX37XB12X Wed 12 May 2010, 1:55 pm

Love everything mororcycle, have a few that are in a constant state of modification but the centre of attention is my 99 B12, I've had it now for a few years and have done some mild mods to date including being brought up to stage 1 specs, dynojet kit, k&n filter, yoshi pipe & 5 degree ignition advancer. Other mods are mostly cosmetic but I have also installed a 55mm jack-up kit with underbraced swinger & have just finished detailing some busa/tokico six piston calipers that will add some increased performance to it's ability to whoa. It has only done like 12,000 ks and I picked it up in box stock form with only 5000 on the clock in 07. The sales angle that was pitched at me was some bloke in the barossa had been hiding it from his ex-missus so it spent several years hidden in a shed, it looked like it too, completely covered in dust. I got it home, gave it a good clean and oil and it really showed to be in perfect condition, not a scratch, that came from me later (lol!). Nearly ten years ago my father had the same stock bike and I remember taking it for a ride and thinking it was a real beast. Anyway I love my Bandit and have seen a few great examples around the streets of sleepy old Adelaide so I thought I'd add my two cents worth, take it easy!
73XAX37XB12X
73XAX37XB12X

Back to top Go down

G'day people! Adeaide bike nut here! Empty Re: G'day people! Adeaide bike nut here!

Post  Cameron Wed 12 May 2010, 4:18 pm

Welcome to the site buddy.
What sort of a difference did all the performance mods make?

Admin

Back to top Go down

G'day people! Adeaide bike nut here! Empty Re: G'day people! Adeaide bike nut here!

Post  potatomasher Wed 12 May 2010, 8:04 pm

welcome to the site for the finest motorcycle manufacture has to offer
potatomasher
potatomasher

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

G'day people! Adeaide bike nut here! Empty G'day people! Adeaide bike nut here

Post  Big Al Wed 12 May 2010, 9:51 pm

Welcome! Have to get ya to post some pics!

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Wed 12 May 2010, 9:59 pm

Welcome, Very nice bike.

Unfortunately my B12 is very second hand (maybe 3rd or 4th) still goes great and reliable, it would have been nice to get one like yours and add the extra 80,000km myself Smile

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Thu 13 May 2010, 7:01 am

Welcome 73XAX37XB12X. Is this your user name or password? lol!
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

G'day people! Adeaide bike nut here! Empty Hey!

Post  73XAX37XB12X Fri 28 May 2010, 11:32 am

Cameron wrote:Welcome to the site buddy.
What sort of a difference did all the performance mods make?

Thanks man! Definately a stronger mid range which is what I'm after, I plan a few more engine mods but not at the expense of the engine's flexibility, a moderate compression big bore kit (11:1, 1216cc) would augment the already meaty mid range nicely I reckon. Sadly MTC aren't making cylinder blocks for the oil cooled Gixxer motors anymore so a 1340 is out of the question so a small shot of Nitrous is on the cards, been waiting three weeks already for my Kosman Racing Nitrous inlet spacers from the U.S. Things bought from the States seem to take forever but stuff from England arrives relatively quickly which is strange coz they're roughly the same distance away, oh well.
73XAX37XB12X
73XAX37XB12X

Back to top Go down

G'day people! Adeaide bike nut here! Empty LOL!

Post  73XAX37XB12X Fri 28 May 2010, 11:38 am

[quote="OZBANDIT1250"]Welcome 73XAX37XB12X. Is this your user name or password? lol![/quote

Good One OZ!, I'm Adam, fair call, I went a bit overboard with the username, I can see that now, well every time I log in it's a real pain, ha!
73XAX37XB12X
73XAX37XB12X

Back to top Go down

G'day people! Adeaide bike nut here! Empty G'day Bloke!

Post  73XAX37XB12X Fri 28 May 2010, 11:59 am

potatomasher wrote:welcome to the site for the finest motorcycle manufacture has to offer

Well I love Suzukis, great bikes in so many respects but I have had the pleasure of rolling out of a showroom on a previous bike, a spanking new Ducati Monster. I have ridden quite a few bikes but Ducati's are something else. Mind you the Bandit would kill it in a straight line run.....over 100/kmh but most fun on the roads is had at lower speeds, which is why I've intsalled a 14 tooth front sprocket on my Bandit coz it increases torque delivery by more than 7%, it uses only a little more fuel but acceleration is fantastic and it only set me back 17 bucks, I didn't even need to alter the chain, just the axle adjusters.
73XAX37XB12X
73XAX37XB12X

Back to top Go down

Post  73XAX37XB12X Fri 28 May 2010, 12:18 pm

Re-cycled wrote:Welcome, Very nice bike.

Unfortunately my B12 is very second hand (maybe 3rd or 4th) still goes great and reliable, it would have been nice to get one like yours and add the extra 80,000km myself Smile

They are an awesome bike standard, a real hoon bike, an excellent all rounder, touring, sport riding or commuting. The added bonus is the parts availability due to the oil-boiler gsxr configuration engine. A mate of mine reckons I can't leave my assorted vehicles alone but it's not my fault I grew up in an automotive enthusiast family. LMAO! The fact your bike is still going strong says alot about the engineering/build standard and quality control at the SOOZOOKEE factory. Mine's a keeper, fingers crossed lol
73XAX37XB12X
73XAX37XB12X

Back to top Go down

Post  Saikhan Fri 28 May 2010, 7:28 pm

Hey and welcome. Nice bike btw. I have always liked the B12, although I have a 1250 I am presently looking for a good condition B12 to have in the stable to loan to mates when we go riding. I am thinking of a SF project also.

Again welcome. Smile
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Fri 28 May 2010, 7:36 pm

Saikhan wrote:Hey and welcome. Nice bike btw. I have always liked the B12, although I have a 1250 I am presently looking for a good condition B12 to have in the stable to loan to mates when we go riding. I am thinking of a SF project also.

Again welcome. Smile

Truly! we should all have such friends! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

G'day people! Adeaide bike nut here! Empty let me know about the nos

Post  ohmyfj55 Fri 28 May 2010, 8:36 pm

Hey there alphabetandnumbersman,

Let us know when you get the gas kit, take it that you are looking at a wet kit if it is including throttle bodies. If you don't mind, what is the cost and do you have a web address/s for it.

Have spoken to Ballistic Racing regarding a dry kit for around the $550. Spoke then to Dale Walker of Holeshot in the states and he feels that the 1250 will handle a 25-30HP kit no probs. He ran wet kits but was right into the racing big time.

Take it with the braced swingarm you run the thought of running at the strip has crossed your mind, if not already huh?

welcome too by the way.
Regards,
Nathan
ohmyfj55
ohmyfj55

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloth_27 Tue 08 Jun 2010, 7:39 pm

Sounds like a really nice bike. Have you got any decent photos or 1/4 times to post up?
Sloth_27
Sloth_27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down