Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KPH to MPH

5 posters

Go down

KPH to MPH Empty KPH to MPH

Post  owned Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:16 pm

Hi Guys,

Yes I did a search, but nothing happens when I hold down the select button for 2 seconds when in the total mileage readout. Some say this only works for US and UK models, I'm on a Japan model (I think).

I also read somewhere you can press both buttons when you switch on the ignition, but this doesn't do anything either.

So is a converter box the only way to go, or has some one like Gus found a way by placing a bent coat hanger at a 34 degree angle by the pillion over the cocks whilst driving though a tunnel.

Rog.

Delkevic headers : Delkevic 450mm CF silencer (no CAT, no O2 sensor) : Healtech FI Tuner Pro : K&N air filter with airbox lid completely cut off : Wire 23 cut : Seat of the pants fuel trim map
owned
owned

Back to top Go down

KPH to MPH Empty Re: KPH to MPH

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:34 pm

One wonders why you'd even bother but I have seen on other forums its only those Bandits (& GSXR's) delivered to imperial unit countries (the backwards ones) that are switchable.

My partner managed to switch over her Suzuki Swift 6 months ago though and then only changed back the speedo/odo and it drives me nuts.
But she is a seppo and likes to know the temp in the "old" scale.

EDIT: I cant remember where you're from and that's why a rough location in your profile is handy cyclops

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  owned Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:51 pm

Ha ha, I'm a pommy bastard who was born in the backwards country of England but has lived in a rual part of southern China for the last ten years. So all the bikes here come from Japan, which is a new world KPH thing land, and I'm oldie world.

I can live with the KPH thing as I'm a modernist, but have to keep reminding myself that I'm not driving everywhere at 220 MPH.

Cheers for the reply.

Delkevic headers : Delkevic 450mm CF silencer (no CAT, no O2 sensor) : Healtech FI Tuner Pro : K&N air filter with airbox lid completely cut off : Wire 23 cut : Seat of the pants fuel trim map
owned
owned

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 29 Apr 2013, 2:01 pm

owned wrote:
I can live with the KPH thing as I'm a modernist, but have to keep reminding myself that I'm not driving everywhere at 220 MPH.

I reckon you'd know it if you were riding the Bandit around at 220mph. pale That is a scary thought affraid

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  owned Mon 29 Apr 2013, 2:28 pm

Yeah, I think I'd have rather long arms as I don't have any farings.

I've done just over 190 MPH (310 KPH for you intellectual types) a few times on my Kawi ZXRR, and that doesn't feel as bad as 130 MPH on the bandit. There's a couple of vids on youtube of people doing 250 KPH on there 1250's, but they have to have fairings to be doing that I reckon. Now the beast is going well I'll do a vid one day and see what I can get out of her.

There is also a guy on a GSF1250 doing 170 MPH (275 KPH) on youtube down what looks to be a rough farm track. Thats got to be 170 KPH, as I can't see any 1250 doing 275 KPH without 300 turbos, 60 super chargers and a whole hospitals worth of NO2.

owned
owned

Back to top Go down

Post  Blueknight Mon 29 Apr 2013, 2:32 pm

My 2012 GSX 1250FA has both metric and imperial. Sometimes when I want to reset the trip meter, I press the wrong button and I end up getting MPH instead of KPH, or whatever...Rolling Eyes then keep pressing buttons until the correct thing comes back.
Regards
Paul

Blueknight

Back to top Go down

Post  owned Mon 29 Apr 2013, 3:36 pm

Thanks Paul,

I'm on a 08 GSF. Any idea as to the combinations of button pressing thats getting your display to change. I've tried just about every combination I can think of, but there may be others I can't think of.

Just seen that video again and its Dale doing 172 MPH on a 1250. It looks like the bike has faring, but can bandits really do 172 MPH. Thats a lot of top speed from 130 BHP. It needs about 155 BHP + for an R1, ZX10R or Gixxer to start seeing 175 to 180 MPH, and thats from a bike that is a lot more aerodynamic and weighs a lot less. I'm not disputing the run, just want to know how its done.

owned
owned

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 29 Apr 2013, 3:42 pm

owned wrote:
Just seen that video again and its Dale doing 172 MPH on a 1250. It looks like the bike has faring, but can bandits really do 172 MPH. Thats a lot of top speed from 130 BHP. It needs about 155 BHP + for an R1, ZX10R or Gixxer to start seeing 175 to 180 MPH, and thats from a bike that is a lot more aerodynamic and weighs a lot less. I'm not disputing the run, just want to know how its done.

Shortened gearing puts the speedo way out but its good for the pissing contest at the pub Wink

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Someone Mon 29 Apr 2013, 4:13 pm

When I was a young lad. I took my bandit to 240(indicated) Twisted Evil affraid

I'm 23 Rolling Eyes

Someone

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Mon 29 Apr 2013, 6:44 pm

I'm sure I have accidentally changed my 07 1250S (AU spec) but I'm having second thoughts now having read up little. It appears only US and UK spec bikes have the option to change between mph & kph on the standard speedo, the method is to:
[*]Set your odometer to "Odometer" and not a trip meter.
[*]Press the "SEL" button for 2 seconds to switch between KMH and MPH

If this doesn't work, the other option and one that I'd recommend to anyone, is to install the HealTech SpeedHealer module - with this you can fix the calibration problem of the original dash, set up correctly if you change cogs or tire sizes, can even display max speed, as well as sorting your mph/kph issue.

KPH to MPH Speedo10

It is virtually plug and play, I'm not sure if it chages the actually
MPH/KPH letters on the dash - been no need to have tried it yet. Price is about US115
but there could be deals on the eBay etc.

KPH to MPH Combo_10

KPH to MPH Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Blueknight Tue 30 Apr 2013, 4:03 pm

OK, just got my GSX 1250FA owners manual out and this is what it say's for Speedo.
The speedometer indicates the road speed in miles per hour and/or kilometers per hour.
NOTE...Set the meter to odometer, then press and hold ADJ button for 2 seconds to switch between Km/h and Mph (UK only) (That's rubbish because mine is OZ)
Select Km/h or Mph as appropriate, to comply with traffic regulations.
Check Km/h and Mph display after adjusting the instrument panel display.

That's all it say's about the speedo.
Regards
Paul

Blueknight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum