Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Center stand or side stand in carparks?

+3
Kaupy1962
madmax
rkessels
7 posters

Go down

Center stand or side stand in carparks? Empty Center stand or side stand in carparks?

Post  rkessels Tue 16 Apr 2013, 8:51 pm

I came waltzing out of my local shops to witness some idiot in a landcruiser reverse into my bike, barely touched it but over it went. Pristine bike, never been dropped, and now, well, theres paint missing from all down the left side and snapped my clutch lever. Sad Sad Not happy Jan! They took off before I could get the number plate, but all besides the point. Was a flat carpark, and on the side stand, would I be better off putting my baby on it center stand in future? Or is it 6 of one, half dozen the other?
rkessels
rkessels

Back to top Go down

Center stand or side stand in carparks? Empty Re: Center stand or side stand in carparks?

Post  madmax Tue 16 Apr 2013, 9:40 pm

As it fell onto the left side, he hit it hard enough to overcome the stand anyway. I would suggest the same would have happened if it was on the centre stand.

Sorry to hear of the damage, and that the low life could even stop to take responsibility.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Center stand or side stand in carparks? Empty Re: Center stand or side stand in carparks?

Post  Kaupy1962 Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:59 pm

Can't stand F ckin A holes like that
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Wed 17 Apr 2013, 10:37 am

Did you leave it in gear?

I generally just use the side stand when parking, unless the ground is uneven, slopped completely the wrong way or is very soft.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 17 Apr 2013, 1:07 pm

We don't have Landcruisers on footpaths here in Vic Wink

In this case I don't think it would have mattered which stand you used.

Claim on your insurance and chalk it up to "shit happens". Check for security cameras etc and there is a possibility the driver didn't know I guess.

Its bad luck but its happened. Move on.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Blueknight Wed 17 Apr 2013, 4:58 pm

Claim it on insurance and they class it as your At Fault Accident and you probably have to list it for the next five years on your renewals.
Regards
Paul

Blueknight

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 17 Apr 2013, 5:22 pm

Blueknight wrote:Claim it on insurance and they class it as your At Fault Accident and you probably have to list it for the next five years on your renewals.
Regards
Paul

So what? Depending on damage of course.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustic Wed 17 Apr 2013, 6:55 pm

Thing that bugs me about this post is the facker never stopped. Surely it would have fallen with a bang.
Its possible they never realized what they had done but one wonders!!!
Were there any security cameras operating in the car park or entry exit?
Could be worth a look (cuse the pun) as the insurance company might like to claim back if you get the plate details.

The More People I Meet
The More I like My Dog
Rustic
Rustic

https://s1165.photobucket.com/profile/Rustic101/index

Back to top Go down

Post  rkessels Wed 17 Apr 2013, 9:17 pm

Thanks guys.
I dont think they realised, like I said, they barely touched it. No cameras to review unfortunately. Not sure yet if Ill claim it on insurance, only noticeable marks (from any more than 5 meters) is on the engine case, snapped clutch lever, and the end of the hand grip, the glossy black bits. Luckily the grey paint kinda masks the scratches from a distance.
Not sure if I left it in gear or not, sometimes I do sometimes I dont. Will pay to get into the habit I guess.
rkessels
rkessels

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum