Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How about this hard luggage system?

+4
evel75
Dink.1170
dhula
8 posters

Go down

How about this hard luggage system? Empty How about this hard luggage system?

Post  1952 Thu 06 May 2010, 11:02 pm

https://2img.net/h/i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz165/rj1952/Banditwithhardluggageresized.jpg

Can we get Suzuki Australia to bring in this hard luggage system at a reasonable price - saw this on the net and thought it was way cool.

Back to top Go down

How about this hard luggage system? Empty Re: How about this hard luggage system?

Post  dhula Fri 07 May 2010, 12:00 am

i doubt it. not as a genuine accessory anyways. you can always get it as a givi kit tho cause FWIK that's all it is just re badged with Suzuki logo's
i asked after a genuine gel seat (available in USA), gave the dealer the part number and all. no joy and suzuki will not consider getting it into the country from what i was told..

dhula

Back to top Go down

How about this hard luggage system? Empty Re: How about this hard luggage system?

Post  Dink.1170 Fri 07 May 2010, 5:55 am

I can supply Givi luggage at better then retail prices.

Dink
I am on the contact list.

Dink.1170

Back to top Go down

Post  evel75 Sun 09 May 2010, 11:23 am

your hand writing is terrible Laughing

yes, the screen part is terrible. i am considering a givi top box.

my bandit came with a bigger screen so that took care of that
evel75
evel75

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Sun 09 May 2010, 4:12 pm

The bags do look alright. The new bike shop in town has the Givi range in stock plus a range of hard panniers from a company called SCAD???? I'd never heard of them before and can't seem to find anything on the 'net about them. They're about half the price of the Givi's so I may consider them.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  1952 Tue 11 May 2010, 11:15 am

Evel75 that was so hurtful to criticise my very best handwriting! When I was in kindy I was even better, but I've gone down hill since then tongue
Anyway can I have a ballpark figure for a full set of Givi luggage - it would definitely be a special occassion purchase for the future - but if I catch my wife at a weak moment she might say 'Yes' - I'm guessing $1100.

And while I'm at it, I took a ride up to Murray Bridge yesterday just to see how things went - jacket, gloves and boots great - helmet comfortable but not that quiet (about the same noise as my Shoei which I owned 25 years ago!) But I did get the message that a longer ride e.g. 700 kms to Melbourne would leave me very sore in my posterior. I see "Airhawk" seats well-regarded in America, but they must be so expensive, no-one wants to tell me their cost. Anyone here buy one in Australian dollars?

Meant to say how happy I was with the way the bandit handled some very strong, gusty side-winds - wasn't 'pushed arouind' at all. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Tue 11 May 2010, 2:05 pm

airhawk cushons
Corbin seats. you can't order direct form the maker. you msut get them from their distributor in Oz. here are some details i received from them about a week ago
Thank you for your inquiry on a Corbin Products for your Suzuki
CNSB12507GL Gunfighter & Lady $680.00
Freight & Insurance $43.90
All Corbin Products are custom made to order in the US, Normally it would take 8 to 12 weeks
To Order I need a 50% Deposit
Ian Walker
VPW Australia
122-128 Cooper Street
Epping, Victoria
Australia 3076
Ph: 613 8405 9212
Fax: 613 8405 9290
vpw.com.au

Sargent seats but again you'll need to order from their Australian distributor AMC
Do it yourself
A place in Melbourne i found

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Tue 11 May 2010, 5:11 pm

1952 wrote:Evel75 that was so hurtful to criticise my very best handwriting! When I was in kindy I was even better, but I've gone down hill since then tongue
Anyway can I have a ballpark figure for a full set of Givi luggage - it would definitely be a special occassion purchase for the future - but if I catch my wife at a weak moment she might say 'Yes' - I'm guessing $1100.

And while I'm at it, I took a ride up to Murray Bridge yesterday just to see how things went - jacket, gloves and boots great - helmet comfortable but not that quiet (about the same noise as my Shoei which I owned 25 years ago!) But I did get the message that a longer ride e.g. 700 kms to Melbourne would leave me very sore in my posterior. I see "Airhawk" seats well-regarded in America, but they must be so expensive, no-one wants to tell me their cost. Anyone here buy one in Australian dollars?

Meant to say how happy I was with the way the bandit handled some very strong, gusty side-winds - wasn't 'pushed arouind' at all. Laughing

I was quoted $1700 from Motorcycle Revolution when I got the bike!

Back to top Go down

How about this hard luggage system? Empty hard or Soft luggage

Post  banditman Sun 23 May 2010, 9:13 am

Hi everyone.
Love the look of the hard luggage posted in the photo but I have a few questions.
Most of the hard luggage systems I have seen require the rear indicators to be moved. Most look quite ugly in their alternative location. Can anyone give advice on a system that doesn't require this action?
Kessner Suzuki quoted me $1800.00 for the full Givi system. Phew!!
Has anyone had experience with soft luggage that won't chafe the bike / paint, looks good, fits a reasonable amount of gear, is cost effective and doesn't interfere with the location of indicators?
Perhaps I am asking for the impossible here!

banditman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dink.1170 Mon 24 May 2010, 6:25 am

banditman wrote:Hi everyone.
Love the look of the hard luggage posted in the photo but I have a few questions.
Most of the hard luggage systems I have seen require the rear indicators to be moved. Most look quite ugly in their alternative location. Can anyone give advice on a system that doesn't require this action?
Kessner Suzuki quoted me $1800.00 for the full Givi system. Phew!!
Has anyone had experience with soft luggage that won't chafe the bike / paint, looks good, fits a reasonable amount of gear, is cost effective and doesn't interfere with the location of indicators?
Perhaps I am asking for the impossible here!

Hard luggage will require re-locating the indicators, there is not enough room to fit a hard bag between the passenger pegs and the indicators; having said that there is no reason they have to stay there when the bags arent on.
When it comes to soft luggage, all of them with damage painted surfaces over time, however there is now a new product from the people that make "Lightskinz" called imaginatively enough "Paint Skinz" a very similar product that should be excellent to protect from soft luggage damage.

Dink

Dink.1170

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Mon 24 May 2010, 7:42 pm

Dink, speaking of luggage systems, thanks for sending the Ventura rack, been busy so not put it on until now, but all sweet and on. Cheers.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  1952 Mon 24 May 2010, 11:00 pm

Dink - if I was to get a Givi hard luggage kit from you , is it something I can fit myself, or does it require special tools or the dismantling of critical components and their reassembly - which I would rather leave in the hands of a dealer's shop?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dink.1170 Tue 25 May 2010, 7:36 am

I fitted all my own Givi gear myself at home, took about 3/4 of an hour; but I am a "measure twice cut once" sort of person. I am currently only using the topbox, so I have the pannier frames removed.

Dink

BTW I can now get Ventura racks,bags etc.

Last edited by Dink.1170 on Tue 25 May 2010, 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additions)

Dink.1170

Back to top Go down

Post  1952 Tue 25 May 2010, 7:03 pm

Thanks Dink - I am also a measure twice, cut once person - and then I more easily recognise the mistake I made! Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down