Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evotech Tail Tidy

3 posters

Go down

Evotech Tail Tidy Empty Evotech Tail Tidy

Post  redsurfer77 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 6:03 pm

Hi,
New to these forums as I recently purchased myself a Bandit 1250S last month and started with a few basic mods. I purchased an Evotech Tail Tidy. Has anyone else purchased one of these or installed one? It appears that by removing the existing rear fender removes the entire under tray exposing the under side of the seat and battery.

I guess my options are either cut off the standard fender bit that hangs down, or buy a replacement under tray without the rear fender that will allow me to add the tail tidy bracket.

If anyone else has had experience with one of these i would appreciate some advice. I did find an earlier thread from someone that purchased the R&G tail tidy which comes with a replacement under tray. Evotech instructions do not mention cutting the existing fender to accommodate their bracket.

thanks.

redsurfer77

Back to top Go down

Evotech Tail Tidy Empty Re: Evotech Tail Tidy

Post  Hammy Mon 25 Feb 2013, 9:37 am

You seem to have skipped the "intro" post. Might help in getting some replies. Very Happy
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  redsurfer77 Thu 28 Feb 2013, 8:16 am

I contacted the supplier and turns out it is not compatible with the 2010 Bandit as you require the replacement undertray. They have offered to take it back. I'm thinking i'm probably going to keep it and either see if i can modify the existing undertray, or buy a replacement undertray.

In the mean time my Renthal ultra lows and rear hugger has arrived Very Happy tweeking the bike is so addictive!!

redsurfer77

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 28 Feb 2013, 9:07 am

May I suggest typing in " tail tidy " in the search box up on the right hand side of the page. Check out the review by Cameron on the R & G Tail Tidy. ( with good pictures ). It might just change your mind. Best of luck. And by the way. The Renthal Ultra Low bars are awesome. I have them . Post up some pics of your bike.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 28 Feb 2013, 11:23 am

redsurfer77 wrote:
In the mean time my Renthal ultra lows and rear hugger has arrived Very Happy tweeking the bike is so addictive!!
Which hugger did you get and how much please?

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  redsurfer77 Thu 28 Feb 2013, 2:02 pm

I got the Puig rear hugger. Got it from intobikes.co.uk $130 + delivery

redsurfer77

Back to top Go down

Post  redsurfer77 Thu 28 Feb 2013, 2:48 pm

Hammy wrote:May I suggest typing in " tail tidy " in the search box up on the right hand side of the page. Check out the review by Cameron on the R & G Tail Tidy. ( with good pictures ). It might just change your mind. Best of luck. And by the way. The Renthal Ultra Low bars are awesome. I have them . Post up some pics of your bike.

Thanks Hammy, I had seen that, and I think that is what I need - a new undertray to replace the existing one. Not keen on cutting the existing one myself.

Will post some pics when the mods are done. Cant wait to put the bars on, just waiting for some new grips to arrive.

redsurfer77

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 28 Feb 2013, 3:12 pm

I like the OEM grips myself. Always have done on road bikes.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down