Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

another back bacon boy jonesing for summer

+3
Ewok1958
Kiwisteve
the bandit
7 posters

Go down

another back bacon boy jonesing for summer  Empty another back bacon boy jonesing for summer

Post  the bandit Fri 11 Jan 2013, 12:28 pm

Hello peeps I am in Canada,I live in a suburb of Toronto Ontario called oakville.Its winter here and it just sucks can't wait till march or April and take the beast out and crank some wheelies and have a blast.I frequent a local forum here and do many large group rides and even though our bikes are classified sport tourers and not really supersports I can hang with the best of them gixxers cbrs ducs whatever, I always surprise and enjoy that the most about my bike it is a sleeper for sure.I have done some mods- Holeshot stage 1- yosh can-new bars-fender eliminater.I was almost dumping my baby this year for the honda cb1000r but so glad I didn't as I just love my bandit too much.Gonna do a trip down to deals gap in the US this upcoming summer and cant wait it has 318 curves in 11 miles.I have been looking for an active forum dedicated to bandits for a while and so glad I have found it.Anyway thanks for reading this and look forward to creeping this forum and maybe add my 2 cents now and then.
the bandit
the bandit

Back to top Go down

another back bacon boy jonesing for summer  Empty Re: another back bacon boy jonesing for summer

Post  Kiwisteve Fri 11 Jan 2013, 12:40 pm

G'day tb, welcome along. I think you'll enjoy our good natured banter & info that is on this forum.

How long is your non riding season in Canada?

Cruise n Comfort seat cover
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

another back bacon boy jonesing for summer  Empty Re: another back bacon boy jonesing for summer

Post  the bandit Fri 11 Jan 2013, 1:53 pm

Thanks Kiwisteve,unfortunately our riding season ends around mid to late november and we start riding around mid march.So its 4 months of looking at youtube vids and jonesing to ride.I usually spend the winter doing some mods.Gonna install a double bubble smoked windscreen and looking at a delkivic header pipe to let the bike breathe due to the small diameter oe headersBoy it would be nice to be in oz and ride all year.I actually have a friend leaving this week to the cairns area.What part of Aus you from?
the bandit
the bandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 11 Jan 2013, 2:27 pm

Hi there The Bandit. Welcome to the forum. It's actually pretty hot for riding here at the moment with quite a bit of the country getting 40c temperatures - a bit the opposite for you i suspect. Anyway, enjoy.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Fri 11 Jan 2013, 5:56 pm

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 11 Jan 2013, 7:18 pm

welcome to the forum Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:53 pm

A sunny Nth Qld welcome to you. We get down to as low as 5-6 deg here in Nth Qld in a good winter Brrr makes me cold thinking bout it.

If your freind is into bikes, Cairns is the best in Nth Qld, just gotta really look out for the boys in blue as they can sometimes seem to be every where.

What is a "jonesing"?
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Sat 12 Jan 2013, 7:16 am

the bandit wrote:Thanks Kiwisteve,unfortunately our riding season ends around mid to late november and we start riding around mid march.So its 4 months of looking at youtube vids and jonesing to ride.I usually spend the winter doing some mods.Gonna install a double bubble smoked windscreen and looking at a delkivic header pipe to let the bike breathe due to the small diameter oe headersBoy it would be nice to be in oz and ride all year.I actually have a friend leaving this week to the cairns area.What part of Aus you from?

4 months! Bugger, that sucks big time. I havent done headers on my bike at this stageI've only put a Delkevic can on it. As truck said, it's been really hot here for the last few days/weeks, so riding isn't much fun. I have seen a few blokes riding around in shorts, Tshirt & thongs lately affraid. Not my scene, I prefer my skin on me if I ever drop it, not left on the road!
I live Coffs Harbour area on the north coast of NSW tb, too far from cairns to show your mate around.

Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Sat 12 Jan 2013, 7:19 am

truck wrote:

What is a "jonesing"?

I think "jonesing" is "hanging out to ride"

Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 12 Jan 2013, 9:01 am

Welcome aboard. I'm sure that a lot of our Ozzy members envy your weather at the moment. We are having a heat wave down here . Enjoy.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  the bandit Sat 12 Jan 2013, 9:19 am

Sorry guys about the terminology but didn't realize,anyway' JONESING" in North America is what a drug addict does when he can't get his fix.So to put it in plain words" I am just dying to get out and ride". We are going to get a record breaking temperatures 13 C saturday oh wow but alas I have stored my bike for the winter already.Do any of you guys do any track days there? which is when you pay a fee for the day and go nutso on a local track albeit I have to wear full suit and proper gear.I do all the time even on the street ATGATT

ALL THE GEAR ALL THE TIME.
I don't want to end up a road crayon. Laughing

Thanks to all of you guys for the nice welcomes what a great site.
Manny
the bandit
the bandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum