Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Throttle Bodies

3 posters

Go down

Throttle Bodies Empty Throttle Bodies

Post  Kaupy1962 Sun 09 Dec 2012, 12:34 pm

Decided to clean the air filter and check the plugs as well as all the bolts as I'm getting vibration around 3,500Rpm[img]Throttle Bodies Img_0216[/img][img]Throttle Bodies Img_0217[/img].
As you can see there's been some weeping around the manifolds.[img]Throttle Bodies Img_0218[/img] Suzuki in there wisdom put these little bastards in between the clamps so that you can only tighten the clamps so far. Might come in handy for something else. I'll resync the throttle bodies now.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Throttle Bodies Empty Re: Throttle Bodies

Post  holdenman Sun 09 Dec 2012, 12:43 pm

Might go check mine now

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Sun 09 Dec 2012, 1:44 pm

Be careful when re-tightening the TB's now you've taken the spacers out. It will be easy to over tighten them and crimp the TB boots causing a leak small leak.
It's a fine line between not enough and too much.
I've seen one that was overtightened and caused it to crimp which ended up with a small split in the boot because it went unchecked for some time

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:15 pm

dhula wrote:Be careful when re-tightening the TB's now you've taken the spacers out. It will be easy to over tighten them and crimp the TB boots causing a leak small leak.
It's a fine line between not enough and too much.
I've seen one that was overtightened and caused it to crimp which ended up with a small split in the boot because it went unchecked for some time

Just nipped them up a bit more than what they were originally. Tried to do a TB sync but all was ok. Also while I got you dhula, Does the learned value only reset properly when the engine is cold? because i can't hear the usual grunt noise when i reset it. The last time I did it, the engine was cold.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:41 pm

Kaupy1962 wrote:Does the learned value only reset properly when the engine is cold? because i can't hear the usual grunt noise when i reset it. The last time I did it, the engine was cold.

Shouldn't make any difference so long as you follow the correct procedure. I found it can be troublesom when the bike is real hot (fan running or close to it). If it's at those kind of temps then you should wait until the temp has dropped down below 90 degrees C and the reset should take.
Sometimes it'll take 2 or 3 goes if it's like that though

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Mon 10 Dec 2012, 11:21 pm

dhula wrote:
Kaupy1962 wrote:Does the learned value only reset properly when the engine is cold? because i can't hear the usual grunt noise when i reset it. The last time I did it, the engine was cold.

Shouldn't make any difference so long as you follow the correct procedure. I found it can be troublesom when the bike is real hot (fan running or close to it). If it's at those kind of temps then you should wait until the temp has dropped down below 90 degrees C and the reset should take.
Sometimes it'll take 2 or 3 goes if it's like that though
Did the reset this morning when it was cold and could here the grunt. When I put the OBD Tool on yesterday I noticed that No injector time was different to the others. 1383, 1275,1274,1274, until I brought the revs up to 2000 and they were all the same.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down