Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Givi V46 Top Box, Frame and Backrest

2 posters

Go down

Givi V46 Top Box, Frame and Backrest Empty Givi V46 Top Box, Frame and Backrest

Post  isj001 Mon 26 Nov 2012, 3:31 pm

Recently got a Givi V46, frame and backrest for my 2009 Bandit 1250SA.
Givi V46 Top Box, Frame and Backrest Img_1910
Givi V46 Top Box, Frame and Backrest Img_1911

Givi V46 Top Box, Frame and Backrest Img_1912

Very easy to install. You dont need to take anything off to put this on, 20 minute job including washing up afterwards.

Added some photos so you guys can see how it looks in relation to the bike size, proportions, etc. Also put a backrest image in there so you guys can see how far it sticks out and where it mounts (you haveto drill two holes into the givi, but it comes with a paper template, so pretty easy)

The frame is strong and despite the top box 10kg limit, it can hold probably 20kg no problem. I have a Large Shoei TZX with scala G4 mounted and a Small Shark and they JUST fit into the topbox with it closing normally.

Topbox: http://mc-1.com/

QuantityItemsPrice Per Item
146LTR MONOKEY MATT BLACK256.3
1BACKREST PAD SOFT E52/V4670.3

+ $55 shipping

Rack: TwistedThrottle.com

Givi Topcase Rack (Suzuki GSF1250S Bandit, '07- & GSX650F, '08-)

Givi plate type
Monokey
Givi FZ539.M51$170.00

+ $70 shipping to Sydney

Very happy with every component. I probably could have shopped around and got the price a bit lower, but in saying that, all the parts shipped fast, which is what was more important to me as I had a ride coming up.

Dont ask me about panniers, I dont intend on getting them, dont know if they mount off the rack I have, if you follow up with twisted throttle or other threads on here, I'm sure you will find something that suits your pannier set up. This might, but as I said, dont know.

Anyway, hope someone finds this useful.

(. Y .)

Suzuki Bandit 2009 GSF1250SA
isj001
isj001

Back to top Go down

Givi V46 Top Box, Frame and Backrest Empty Re: Givi V46 Top Box, Frame and Backrest

Post  barry_mcki Mon 26 Nov 2012, 5:42 pm

Twisted Throttle prices about 12 months ago was (US) $55.80 & $141.30 for the M5 & 539FZ so you got a good deal from them. CMC here in the ACT were selling the same parts for (AU) $79.00 & $139.00, not sure if prices have risen or dropped in the past year or so.

The panniers are a different mounting kit that use the grab handle mounting locations but don't interfere with the top box setup, they will easily bolt up with the 539 fitted.

My part numbers are the same, so good to see there is no difference between the 07 and 12 models.

Admore (see the Twisted Throttle catalog) have lighting kits, but if you want to save some cash it's not that difficult with some parts from the local Jaycar.

Givi V46 Top Box, Frame and Backrest Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down