Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carb set up

3 posters

Go down

Carb set up Empty Carb set up

Post  agro-69 Fri 19 Oct 2012, 5:34 pm

Hello all i seem to have carb issues im thinking they are running a little lean as it when i back off there is a fair bit of popping from the exhaust and cruising at low speeds it runs rough like it is not getting enough fuel but as soon as you throttle on its smooth power.I have carb balance guages and am just wondering what is the rule of thumb settings on the air fuel mix screws or what to set them at to start trying to tune them correctly.Mine is a 02 1200s i have not had it for that long so am trying to get it all running smooth.Any info would be a great help....

Regards Paul Very Happy
agro-69
agro-69

Back to top Go down

Carb set up Empty Re: Carb set up

Post  NZspokes Fri 19 Oct 2012, 5:55 pm

Im in the same place. Ive removed the pair valve and that improved the poping but not cured it. Ive come to the conclusion with my bike having a scorpion can it needs one size up idle jets. I will be trying this next week. Going to 17.5s.

Ive drilled the air box and gone up to 110 mains, that has made the top end pretty dam good.
NZspokes
NZspokes

Back to top Go down

Carb set up Empty Carb set up

Post  paul Fri 19 Oct 2012, 6:17 pm

I had an aftermarket exhaust & OEM filter on my 1200 / 04 model & set the mixture screws at 4 turns out as suggested by a bike mechanic , & it was much better . ( a bit fiddly to get at but not impossible , just screw them in & count the turns turning them out / a bit of tape or a texta mark on the screw driver to tell you when you've done a complete turn helps as well )
A check of the valve clearances ( they're only screw & lock nut type so quite easy ) & also carby balance as well is also a good idea.

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  agro-69 Fri 19 Oct 2012, 9:18 pm

ok nz please let me know how you go i would be very interested to hear the outcome, and paul i will check clearances give the mixture screws a tickle and balance again thanks for the info guys ......
agro-69
agro-69

Back to top Go down

Post  NZspokes Sat 20 Oct 2012, 11:16 am

paul wrote:I had an aftermarket exhaust & OEM filter on my 1200 / 04 model & set the mixture screws at 4 turns out as suggested by a bike mechanic , & it was much better . ( a bit fiddly to get at but not impossible , just screw them in & count the turns turning them out / a bit of tape or a texta mark on the screw driver to tell you when you've done a complete turn helps as well )
A check of the valve clearances ( they're only screw & lock nut type so quite easy ) & also carby balance as well is also a good idea.

I got a socket and a driver bit, drilled a small hole through the socket and rammed a small old allen key through and cut it off. Great short driver for doing the idles. But I think 4 turns is to much so the mixture has to e a long way out. Mine at 3.75 turns is still not right so a jump up to the next size jet is the way to go.
NZspokes
NZspokes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum