Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted - replacement knob for old style oxford heated grip controller

+2
barry_mcki
madmax
6 posters

Go down

Wanted - replacement knob for old style oxford heated grip controller Empty Wanted - replacement knob for old style oxford heated grip controller

Post  madmax Thu 27 Sep 2012, 7:26 pm

Just got home from work and noticed the knob has fallen off the heated grip controller.
It is the old style controller and these are meant to be a little more reliable then the new one. Well it was working perfectly when the knob was there.

So I was wondering if anyone has an old broken controller of this type lying around at home that we might be able to work something out with.

Here is the a pic so you can see the type I am talking about

Wanted - replacement knob for old style oxford heated grip controller 106491d1330976308-heated-grips-dscf0763

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Wanted - replacement knob for old style oxford heated grip controller Empty Re: Wanted - replacement knob for old style oxford heated grip controller

Post  barry_mcki Thu 27 Sep 2012, 8:41 pm

Though not original, Radio Parts at 562 Spencer Street have a good variety of knobs, try their site here.

Jaycar also stock knobs.

Wanted - replacement knob for old style oxford heated grip controller Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Wanted - replacement knob for old style oxford heated grip controller Empty Re: Wanted - replacement knob for old style oxford heated grip controller

Post  Ham Thu 27 Sep 2012, 11:55 pm

Don't know any of the stores in Victoria Mr Max, but if you have a good bike shop AND they have a good relationship with Ficeda (Oxfords Aus Distributer) they may be able to source a knob from warranty, demo or store damaged stock. Worth a call if you like the unit Smile

Ham

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 28 Sep 2012, 6:15 am

A perfect opportunity to make something BETTER . Maybe a a lever so you could adjust it and actually see the adjustment .
I dont have oxford so i wouldn't know but lets be honest ,the control panel isn't pretty .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:02 am

Your right there Gus they aren't a good looking unit.
If I was going to replace it I go for this one
Wanted - replacement knob for old style oxford heated grip controller Heatdemons_silver_400

At the moment being as this one will still work if I can find a knob for it I'd rather not go for the hassle and expense of replacing it.

The other thing is, there's a good chance I knocked the knob off when I reached over to the key when leaving work and the old knob is still lying on the ground

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Wed 03 Oct 2012, 8:44 am

You might have a look in 'Jaycar' Electronics... they have plenty of knobs in there too - (some aren't even working behind the counter) What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 04 Oct 2012, 4:14 pm

I got a reply back from Oxford

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

We do have a few spares of just the knob itself, so as long as you have the white prong sticking out of the switch to attach the knob to, then please send us a postage paid and self addressed envelope to us at the following address:-

Unfortunately mine is missing the stem or white prong as he puts it, and as they have replied to subsequent emails I think I will be up for a whole new controller.

I don't think Jaycar will be of any help as the stem will most likely be particular to this controller.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Thu 04 Oct 2012, 9:19 pm

So you've lost your stem & your knob Shocked Razz

Is the stem the part the knob attaches to or is it just a pointer you can fabricate or do without ( or make a new stem ) ?

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Fri 05 Oct 2012, 6:43 am

paul wrote:So you've lost your stem & your knob Shocked Razz

Is the stem the part the knob attaches to or is it just a pointer you can fabricate or do without ( or make a new stem ) ?

The stem is the shaft the knob attaches to. it goes down into a small rectangular hole which I guess retains it. This hole is also the potentiometer that rotates to adjust the temp. The on/off switch is underneath it.
So pushing the knob down turn the grips on or off. Looks to me as it wouldn't be an off the shelve item.

second reply from Oxford
No the white stem is attached to the actual control unit, the knob simply fits onto the stem. We do not have spares.
You can purchase the new version of the hot grips switch from your local oxford dealer, please see our website for dealer information in your area.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 05 Oct 2012, 6:35 pm

Bummer , looks like a new one then

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 17 Oct 2012, 5:01 pm

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down