Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commuting Distance

+24
SuzySuzuki
b12mick
barry_mcki
Hammy
Chrisss
Ross.
grey1250
Four40
sb1250
Kaupy1962
boomer
NTBill
Vellies
Thof
Cameron
xpalan
gus
paul
Ewok1958
Reardo
madmax
ThatOtherGuy
mtbeerwah
2wheelsagain
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Commuting Distance - Page 3 Empty Commuting Distance

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just wondering how far us good folk commute on their Bandits if you ride to work? Currently I can stretch mine out to 10km Laughing
I ask because come early Oct we’re moving and I’ll be looking at 40km each way.

We will be able to share a car a few days a week but to be honest riding keeps me sane Twisted Evil and I’d like to ride as often as I can but factor in the tyre usage and extra servicing and wear and tear and it becomes uneconomical. I wouldn’t even consider it on the FZ1 with the Power Pures that are on it but even PR2’s (current) or PR3’s in the future on the Bandit would be turned too trash a bit quickly for my liking.

If it becomes too much I guess I’d be looking for another type of bike. A cruiser maybe. Crying or Very sad

I know Kaupy travels about the same distance and his is all freeway. Mine will be similar with only 4 or 5 turns involved.

So how far do you commute?

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Commuting Distance - Page 3 Empty Re: Commuting Distance

Post  ThatOtherGuy Mon 10 Sep 2012, 9:00 am

depends where you are. I have a custom seat courtesy the previous owner. its brilliant, holds me and the pillion very comfortably and no numb bums. the previous owner (work colleague) wanted pictures and measurements so he could get his new Bandit seat customised (weren't interchangeable unfortunately for him). cost was less than $500 so compares pricewise to the Sargent seats. if you're in Brisbane, I can forward you the contact details for the guy, he does quality work.
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 10 Sep 2012, 12:13 pm

Thanks all.
I'm happy for this thread to continue but I got the answers I was after. Very Happy
To justify TCO I think I will limit my riding commute to 3 days per week.
In all honesty, given the distance there probably would be a requirement to take a car and do some errands or kid stuff the other days anyway.

Fuel consumption was the least of my worries because a lot of that is up to me Twisted Evil the other things that contribute to TCO was on my mind. Wink

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Commuting Distance - Page 3 Empty Commuting Distance

Post  Dingo1963 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 8:42 pm

I ride 66km every day round trip. Until the latest bandit, I had been using Shinko's (thatotherguy knows the model as they are on his bike). The rear was dual compound and I was getting 17k out of a set, riding two up every day. The rear tire did not endf up square either. All travel was motorway riding. That was a far cry from the battleax tyres which I used to get 10k from.
Dingo1963
Dingo1963

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3