Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seemed like a good idea at the time ........

+3
Thof
Ewok1958
gus
7 posters

Go down

Seemed like a good idea at the time ........ Empty Seemed like a good idea at the time ........

Post  gus Tue 28 Aug 2012, 7:08 pm

I'm sure i'm not the only one who has done a mod and then decided "maybe not a great idea " for various reasons .Some may be reversible ,other
not so lucky .. I have a couple .(actually a lot )

Danmoto Exhaust - never got it right ,has been removed .

Higher rear end (20mm) -Turned great but weaved at 170 kph + . Has been lowered to standard .

Stainless rad guard -So shiney it really annoyed me .Painted black .

Anyone got any ?
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Seemed like a good idea at the time ........ Empty Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time ........

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 7:56 pm

A couple for me:
a. Carbon fibre levers ($16) from Hong Kong. Wrong shape and didn't look great. But, great insurance as spares on long trips in the event of an accidental drop. I always pack them.
b. Givi screen - nothing wrong with it but worse turbulance than the original for a taller rider. Great quality and sold on.

Nothing else I can think of - those gold levers and bar ends are a winner! bounce bounce
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Seemed like a good idea at the time ........ Empty Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time ........

Post  Thof Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:47 pm

Ah an easy one, blue tooth head sets so I can talk, sorry, listen, to the missus and daughter (not at the same time...), very quickly reminded of a great attribute of riding a scoot... the bloody silence! Alas a pair of B/T comms devices sit there and gather dust... Wink
Thof
Thof

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:51 pm

Yeah. Getting married the second time Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Shocked

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  surfacc Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:05 pm

Bought a Suzuki 'touring' screen, then added a MRA x-creen, then replaced that with a 22" VStream screen.
Then finally replaced the lot with the original screen and the noise went and the buffetting went. Yesterday the MRA screen went.
Now thinking about the Renthal ultra low bars but wondering whether that will be on the next instalment of this topic.
Ducati 996SPS seemed like a good idea 12 years ago - and still is a good idea.
surfacc
surfacc

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeswe Wed 29 Aug 2012, 6:08 am

Cheap rearsets and brake/clutch levers bought on ebay and made in China.

mikeswe

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 29 Aug 2012, 5:18 pm

35mm jack up links. Great for the track but stiff and seriously horrible for the road.

@Thof: what type of BT headsets have you got? were they crap or did you just really enjoy the silence Smile

I was thinking of getting some for my wife and I to use or if I am teaching someone to ride.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Thof Wed 29 Aug 2012, 9:59 pm

Redog, i'll dig in the shed tomorrow and get details. They worked fine, USB charged and clear, paired easy. On my HJC, mic is a decent size and tight fit, ear pieces okay for me for short distances, but over an hour become a bit annoying pressing on the wing nuts... as i said though, ditched use and enjoy the wind / road / scooter noise, don't miss MMM blaring...and the coocupants talking!
Thof
Thof

Back to top Go down

Post  Thof Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:14 pm

Here it is reddog (correct spelling tonight), "super bt" from www.motorader.com.au. pretty good system, just not for me....
Thof
Thof

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down