Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Useable fuel capacity 2010 Bandit 1250?

+10
mtbeerwah
BanditDave
paul
gus
Ewok1958
reddog
Pedr0
2wheelsagain
Jimcoleman
murmar
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Useable fuel capacity 2010 Bandit 1250? - Page 2 Empty Useable fuel capacity 2010 Bandit 1250?

Post  murmar Mon 20 Aug 2012, 8:56 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi all,

Has anyone done a 'run dry' test i.e. run the bike till it konks out? How many of the 19 litres in the tank can you use?

Thanks.
murmar
murmar

Back to top Go down

Useable fuel capacity 2010 Bandit 1250? - Page 2 Empty Re: Useable fuel capacity 2010 Bandit 1250?

Post  mtbeerwah Sun 26 Aug 2012, 3:10 am

reddog wrote:
mtbeerwah wrote:
reddog wrote:It was at the Collie motorplex, 8 turns 1.6Km at pretty much 75% WOT.

Certainly hard work punting a heavy Bandit around, but jack up links on the rear help the big girl turn in

that still spins me out that it got that bad!!
the particular session i was on to get 200/tank was through twisties,and the high speed run on the same journey invovled me,and two R1`s,and we averaged 200km/h for 35min,and covered about 115km on the high speed part of that run..so that was running at high noise for a long time.

I can assure you keeping the throttle pinned, hard braking and then pinning it again will use bulk fuel. The bike was coming into the pits with the fan going flat out, so I was thrashing it. I was getting wheelspin through turn 2 and the rear was chirping and dancing into turn 4 and 6 on the down shifts, I had to ride the clutch to use it a bit like a slipper to stop the bike getting total rear lock up. I've ran off turn 6 previously getting a little over anxious on the down shifts on a previous track day.

I was managing to keep up with an Aprillia 1000 naked and a few R6's, so I was pretty happy with that effort. The Bridgestone 023 rear was wearing pretty well, I left the tyres with close to standard road pressure and they got up to temp in about 2 laps.

By the end of the day my legs were killing me as normal riding you hardly get off the bike. Just think about doing 300+ squats

can appreciate and understand what you talking about,although I haven`t yet been on a track per say,with a bike(lots of car stuff) I do treat twisties that way,or used to..slowed down alot on the road,as not really the right place to try and go full noise. To many variables to contend to with,and lets face it,doing stupid shit past people only gives bikes a bad name.

Time and place is the key,and the track is certainly the time and place. I wish I had one near, to get rid of some man anger.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Useable fuel capacity 2010 Bandit 1250? - Page 2 Empty Re: Useable fuel capacity 2010 Bandit 1250?

Post  reddog Sun 26 Aug 2012, 6:21 pm

Yeah the track is good fun. I live less than 15 minutes away Smile Prior to the Collie track opening Barbagallo was the only venue in WA. Barbs is a 2.5 hour ride from my place thus the reason I have never ridden that track. It turns out to be a huge day to ride all that way do the track day and then ride home.

Still back roads allow you to have some fun. I never go stupid on arterial roads, with hoon laws, speed camera and what not it's too easy to lose your license and your bike.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2