Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bypass O2 sensor

4 posters

Go down

Bypass O2 sensor Empty Bypass O2 sensor

Post  mikeswe Wed 18 Jul 2012, 2:09 am

Is it a good idea to disconnect the O2 sensor and replace it with a bypass plug, even if you don't have a Powercommander or any other fuel injection mod?

When I ride the bike totally stock I could feel a slight hesitation when I cruise at low speed say around 70-80kmph in 4th gear. Now with a slip-on can it is better but it is still there. My idea is that the ECU is constantly trying to lean out the mixture at small throttle openings and that is what is felt as a little on-off hesitation.

mikeswe

Back to top Go down

Bypass O2 sensor Empty Re: Bypass O2 sensor

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 18 Jul 2012, 7:15 am

Mine is still connected but its never surged or hunted so a fat lot of help I am Laughing

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Wed 18 Jul 2012, 8:21 pm

Been there, done that. Can't say it made any difference I could tell. A Holeshot kit worked well in sorting that. The engines run quite lean down low, but balancing the throttle bodies works well
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeswe Sat 21 Jul 2012, 8:04 am

I tried it today, disconnected the O2 sensor and plugged in a bypass plug that I got from a Greek ebay'er. The hesitation is totally gone now with the plug, I tried different rpm's and gears but can't fault the FI. Nice! But going from stock exhaust to a slip-on made a bigger difference, probably due to the increased gasflow. So what is left to try now is the O2 sensor bypass with the stock exhaust.

mikeswe

Back to top Go down

Bypass O2 sensor Empty fitting o2 bypass

Post  graham Sun 17 Nov 2013, 3:01 pm

mikeswe wrote:I tried it today, disconnected the O2 sensor and plugged in a bypass plug that I got from a Greek ebay'er. The hesitation is totally gone now with the plug, I tried different rpm's and gears but can't fault the FI. Nice! But going from stock exhaust to a slip-on made a bigger difference, probably due to the increased gasflow. So what is left to try now is the O2 sensor bypass with the stock exhaust.
how did you fit your bypass can you give me soma information on where i plug my bypass in Regards Graham

graham

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeswe Sun 17 Nov 2013, 10:44 pm

graham wrote:
mikeswe wrote:I tried it today, disconnected the O2 sensor and plugged in a bypass plug that I got from a Greek ebay'er. The hesitation is totally gone now with the plug, I tried different rpm's and gears but can't fault the FI. Nice! But going from stock exhaust to a slip-on made a bigger difference, probably due to the increased gasflow. So what is left to try now is the O2 sensor bypass with the stock exhaust.
how did you fit your bypass can you give me soma information on where i plug my bypass in Regards Graham
It sits under the left sidepanel, follow the cable from the sensor on the exhaust and up to the connector.
/Mike

mikeswe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down