Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loaner Bikes

3 posters

Go down

Loaner Bikes Empty Loaner Bikes

Post  joanne2167 Tue 10 Jul 2012, 7:59 pm

My hubby, Dave, bought a BMW R65LS from a well known BMW dealer as a cheap commuter while he repaired his regular ride that had been T-boned by a texting woman. The R65LS had been the dealer's loan bike. It handled badly so he checked it over when he got home and found one rear shock absorber had a bent damping rod and the front forks had different springs in each leg. One was standard and the other was progressive plus they were 40mm different in length. After the shock and springs were fixed the LS was such a delight to ride we ended up keeping it.
Dave was also given a Virago 250 as a loaner. It gave him a sore back and he couldn't wait to give it back.
joanne2167
joanne2167

Back to top Go down

Loaner Bikes Empty Loaner Bikes

Post  paul Tue 10 Jul 2012, 8:18 pm

Bmw was obviously a trade in they didn't check out before using it as a loaner affraid pale

Last edited by paul on Tue 10 Jul 2012, 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Loaner Bikes Empty Re: Loaner Bikes

Post  reddog Tue 10 Jul 2012, 8:25 pm

You are all lucky. There are no loan bikes down our way. You are lucky if they offer you a test ride to be honest. That's part of the reason I do all my own servicing and even change my own tyres.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Loaner Bikes Empty Re: Loaner Bikes

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down