Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windscreen, Universal for naked Bandit

4 posters

Go down

Windscreen, Universal for naked Bandit Empty Windscreen, Universal for naked Bandit

Post  trip01 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 5:42 am

I found this after market windscreen to suit my naked Bandit. (Experiencing a sore neck after my daily ride). scratch

Reckon this may be worth a try. Looks Suspect ...cool dude Rolling Eyes

http://www.proaccessories.com.au/products/mra/race_naked.htm

$148 + mounting brackets $70.

Am keen whether other naked riders have same sore neck experience. Question
or have fitted an after market screen & level of satisfaction with purchase.

2011 GSF1250 naked, gleam grey, no ABS, Ventura rack & 47L Mistral bag, Rad guard, HID headlight, Yoshi R77 CF, K&N air filter.
Opportunities arise in disguise as problems
Arrow see them when you look around the rock
trip01
trip01

Back to top Go down

Windscreen, Universal for naked Bandit Empty Re: Windscreen, Universal for naked Bandit

Post  barry_mcki Sun 10 Jun 2012, 6:54 am

MRA are known for good quality stuff so I wouldn't expect this to be any different.

Are you still allowed to be a card carring naked rider if you start putting bits back on Question Laughing
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Windscreen, Universal for naked Bandit Empty Re: Windscreen, Universal for naked Bandit

Post  gus Sun 10 Jun 2012, 7:45 am

lol! Have i got a screen for you . (this arvo pics Cost $12 ) Made it yesterday .Its not pretty.

I doubt if no screen is giving you a sore neck . Get a decent Bowen Thep . or . a message .I fiited a small screen and it was worse (helmet buffeting )
it was good for rain deflection only .It also blasted cold air onto my hands .
If you have a round headlight i carnt see that screen suiting (looks) 2010 onwards should be ok though .

What model do you have .?

This one from Just bandits was crap (forget colour ) i was pissed of at it at this stage and it ended up in the bin .Cost $90 total
Windscreen, Universal for naked Bandit DSCF0598

This one was slightly better but still crap .We are talking Tasi, so no screen my have been worse .Local, cost $100
Windscreen, Universal for naked Bandit IMG_1527
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross. Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:46 am

I am in the process of making my 2002 1200S naked. I have taken the fairing off. All I have up front at the moment is the headlamp and gauges still mounted to the fairing bracket.

I had a Double Bubble screen then the OEM screen fitted to the fairing and both gave me lots of bufferting around my helmet. So much so that it was uncomfortable and distracting.

Now that the bike is almost all but naked, still have a 7 inch round headlamp to fit, I am finding with no screen what so ever it is way more comfortable. It is a constant stream of air that is hitting me from mid chest all the way up to the top of my helmet. No bufferting at all. Thats because there is no screen directing air in a jet stream at my head.

I also have fitted Renthal Ultra Low handlebars and this helps me to hunch down into the airflow at speed. Means my head is tilted down a bit and lets my helmet cut the air the better.

Ross.

http://rossmz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  trip01 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:12 pm

Thank-you to all for the feedback. Smile

2011 GSF1250 naked, gleam grey, no ABS, Ventura rack & 47L Mistral bag, Rad guard, HID headlight, Yoshi R77 CF, K&N air filter.
Opportunities arise in disguise as problems
Arrow see them when you look around the rock
trip01
trip01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down