Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sore hands, owwwww

+5
Hammy
Kiwisteve
ausrock50
2wheelsagain
NZspokes
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sore hands, owwwww - Page 2 Empty Sore hands, owwwww

Post  NZspokes Mon 04 Jun 2012, 3:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

So today I did a 300k ride with some mates. Biggest yet on the bandit. Love the power, love the motor.

But god my hands are sore. Ive ridden far longer on my old bikes. I do have a bit of carpel tunnel so run some foam tape over my grips, seems to solve the worst. But this is a whole new level of ouch. I hate the bend of the bars, feels like my wrists are at an odd angle. One of my old bikes had a set of Ventura bars a monster copy I think so will get another pair of those. Not sure if thats the issue but need to sort out what is.

Anybody got ideas?
NZspokes
NZspokes

Back to top Go down

Sore hands, owwwww - Page 2 Empty Re: Sore hands, owwwww

Post  kewwig Tue 05 Jun 2012, 7:55 pm

NZspokes wrote:
kewwig wrote:I had a similar one I bought new in 1996, and am now on Bandit 3

Are the newer ones much different to ride?

I dont think Holeshot knew about the suspension mods on my bike.

The 1250s handle better and have more torque at lower revs. Very smooth motor, whilst the 1200 is a bit more "growly". Outright acceleration is similar in standard form. Both can be modified to get some serious increases. I have achieved 130.8 hp with a Stage 3 setup on a friend's 1250.

Removing the secondary butterflies from the injected 1250 makes the throttle response more like a carbed bike. Try one out!
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  NZspokes Tue 05 Jun 2012, 8:00 pm

kewwig wrote:
NZspokes wrote:
kewwig wrote:I had a similar one I bought new in 1996, and am now on Bandit 3

Are the newer ones much different to ride?

I dont think Holeshot knew about the suspension mods on my bike.

The 1250s handle better and have more torque at lower revs. Very smooth motor, whilst the 1200 is a bit more "growly". Outright acceleration is similar in standard form. Both can be modified to get some serious increases. I have achieved 130.8 hp with a Stage 3 setup on a friend's 1250.

Removing the secondary butterflies from the injected 1250 makes the throttle response more like a carbed bike. Try one out!

My ones got something done to the forks, I think bigger springs etc and a Busa rear shock. Handles very well.

I love mine. I dont want to try a newer one as that will make me want one. A business that went bad and divorce mean this bike is past the edge of my budget anyway. Im struggling to afford a new helmet at the moment let alone a more modern bike. LOL

But Im sure they are great, seem cheap new as well.
NZspokes
NZspokes

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Tue 05 Jun 2012, 8:14 pm

You have a great buy in what you got and will enjoy it a lot. Good choice.
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  NZspokes Tue 05 Jun 2012, 8:17 pm

kewwig wrote:You have a great buy in what you got and will enjoy it a lot. Good choice.

Took it out to Whitianga yesterday, have you ever been there? The kopu hill was great on the Bandit.

My intention is to keep her untill 200000 miles. I love you
NZspokes
NZspokes

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Tue 05 Jun 2012, 8:20 pm

Not been there, no. People in the States have got well over 160,000km on Bandits with no issues other than the usual consumables. They are over-engineered and under-stressed and last well
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  NZspokes Tue 05 Jun 2012, 8:30 pm

Back to the topic, I just saw on another thread the Go Cruze throttle control. I think that could be a great idea to help also.
NZspokes
NZspokes

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Wed 06 Jun 2012, 5:10 pm

NZspokes wrote:Back to the topic, I just saw on another thread the Go Cruze throttle control. I think that could be a great idea to help also.

I have a Scottoiler Crampbuster. Fitted it for a few days and kept forgetting it was there and scaring the crap out of myself with unplanned throttle movement. Took it off in the end, but it is good for a relaxed hand
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 06 Jun 2012, 6:27 pm

One forum member (who seems to have vanished) did a ride with us and he had a simple rubber O-ring on the throttle bar end. When he wanted to cruise he'd simple slide/roll it left into the throttle gap. That could release your right hand for whatever period it was 'cruisy' then just roll it back to the right. He reckons it worked a treat and I've been meaning to try it but haven't gotten around to buying the right sized rubber o-ring yet. Try giving this a go - it will cost less than $5.

PS: I'm not saying it's going to be a great cruise control - just a device to give you an opportunity to remove the right hand from the bars whilst on the move.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  NZspokes Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:27 pm

kewwig wrote:
NZspokes wrote:Back to the topic, I just saw on another thread the Go Cruze throttle control. I think that could be a great idea to help also.

I have a Scottoiler Crampbuster. Fitted it for a few days and kept forgetting it was there and scaring the crap out of myself with unplanned throttle movement. Took it off in the end, but it is good for a relaxed hand

Yes I have one also. Somewhere.......
NZspokes
NZspokes

Back to top Go down

Post  NZspokes Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:28 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:One forum member (who seems to have vanished) did a ride with us and he had a simple rubber O-ring on the throttle bar end. When he wanted to cruise he'd simple slide/roll it left into the throttle gap. That could release your right hand for whatever period it was 'cruisy' then just roll it back to the right. He reckons it worked a treat and I've been meaning to try it but haven't gotten around to buying the right sized rubber o-ring yet. Try giving this a go - it will cost less than $5.

PS: I'm not saying it's going to be a great cruise control - just a device to give you an opportunity to remove the right hand from the bars whilst on the move.

That is brilliant. Ive got a stack of o-rings. Will try that this weekend.
NZspokes
NZspokes

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:16 pm

I used an o ring to take up the lateral play in the throttle Smile

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  NZspokes Fri 08 Jun 2012, 5:28 pm

I will try the Scott oiler thingy and the o-ring idea on Sunday. Taking a bunch of learner riders out for a 300k ride.

There wont be much wide open throttle action.....
NZspokes
NZspokes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2