Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad day today

+10
surfacc
holdenman
grahame
2wheelsagain
gus
Boatz
Ewok1958
Rustic
paul
kewwig
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bad day today - Page 2 Empty Bad day today

Post  kewwig Wed 25 Apr 2012, 5:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

Being a public holiday today, the local Ulysses club organised a charity ride for St. John's Ambulance. It was a massive turnout with what seemed like a couple of hundred bikes of all shapes and sizes. We all got a pre-ride briefing telling us to take care and then set off. A short time later the line of bikes came to a complete halt on the motorway (I was towards the back with my wife as passenger) and we found out there'd been a bike go down further ahead.

Straight piece of road and it sounds like the guy may have braked for some unknown reason and then gone right into the wire rope barrier on his Harley. When we went via a bypass road he was getting CPR and unfortunately he didn't make it. Really put a dampener on the day and was a sobering experience for all.

I won't speculate on the cause as I don't know, and it's not the point of this post. Just a reminder that we all need to be careful. Those wire rope barriers are a two-edged sword. On one hand they protect us from people coming the other way, but on the other they are completely unforgiving of motorcyclist error.

I don't know who he was, but he and his family have my sympathies.

Keep safe, people.
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Bad day today - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad day today

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 27 Apr 2012, 9:20 am

Hammy wrote:I blame Julia. Forcing people through financial hardship into having to ride bikes for transportation in order to make ends meet. Razz Razz Razz

The OP was about Kiwi's wobbling and falling and has nothing to do with JG.

FWIW I'm not forced to ride through financial hardship. Riding causes it Laughing

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 27 Apr 2012, 9:29 am

2wheelsagain wrote:
Hammy wrote:I blame Julia. Forcing people through financial hardship into having to ride bikes for transportation in order to make ends meet. Razz Razz Razz

The OP was about Kiwi's wobbling and falling and has nothing to do with JG.

FWIW I'm not forced to ride through financial hardship. Riding causes it Laughing

Still Julias fault. Very Happy
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2