Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GEL SEAT - GENUINE SUZUKI

+13
Saikhan
Pete
Ewok1958
Ironman
ohmyfj55
whitey1
potatomasher
2wheelsagain
solerida
Big Al
boomer
Cameron
Baz
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

GEL SEAT - GENUINE SUZUKI Empty GEL SEAT - GENUINE SUZUKI

Post  Baz Tue 16 Feb 2010, 5:21 pm

I just got my new genuine suzuki Gel Seat. I got it from Ebay USA and yes it did cost a lot. I was happy though when I received it as I was only really expecting the front seat, the ebay ads only showed the front. Anyway it came after only a two or three weeks wait .. and lo & behold it came with front & rear gel seats (can’t be unhappy with that).

So, what to do .. rain has grounded me for a couple of weeks .. today was overcast but not wet, good temperature .. a new gel seat … gotta try it out.

I decided to return to the FEB ride that rain rudely interrupted last Sunday and took advantage of the toll free M4 (or should that now be the F4 ?) and headed for Warragamba, which was my first stop .. usually (pre gel) when I get off the bike I walked around like a drug importer with a kilo of coke up my arse, but I found it to be quite the opposite … happy so far.
Went toward Picton with a little side track to Burragarang, still my arse is pleasantly unsore, pre gel I always had to stand up while riding to let the blood back into my bum, now the only reason I do that is to fart.
Next stop was Bulli Pass .. why is it that a B-double always ends up right in front of you when you don’t need that .. I waited at the top of the pass for it to get down before I headed down, still not that sore. Next stop was Bald Hill, still not sore, then I went from Bald Hill through the Royal NP all the way home to Concord .. now I could never do that pre gel, I always had to alight at Audley.

So I can say that I’m quite happy with the gel seat. I think it’s the seat that always should have come standard with the bike.

Here are some pics;

GEL SEAT - GENUINE SUZUKI GelSeat_a_35

GEL SEAT - GENUINE SUZUKI GelSeat_b_25

GEL SEAT - GENUINE SUZUKI GelSeat_c_25
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

GEL SEAT - GENUINE SUZUKI Empty Re: GEL SEAT - GENUINE SUZUKI

Post  Cameron Tue 16 Feb 2010, 7:16 pm

Good work. Seat looks very good. Somthing to think about as i get older tongue
Cameron
Cameron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  boomer Tue 16 Feb 2010, 10:18 pm

looks good Baz! I keep meaning to change my seat, just have not got around to it yet.
was it an auction or ebay store? if store, which did you get it from?
boomer
boomer

http://www.scottspics.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Tue 16 Feb 2010, 10:30 pm

boomer wrote:looks good Baz! I keep meaning to change my seat, just have not got around to it yet.
was it an auction or ebay store? if store, which did you get it from?

I got it from a ebay store called "partsdepotstore" store number 12982, and I just had a look that they have 5 available .. funny they only 3 available when I bought mine. The price is US$258.95 plus US$65 delivery to Sydney.. which isn't too bad considering the suzuki USA site has them for $336

try this link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110489946933#ht_2678wt_1165
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  boomer Tue 16 Feb 2010, 10:39 pm

thanks Baz!
boomer
boomer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Tue 16 Feb 2010, 10:45 pm

Sorry not familiar with these places how long did u spend in the saddle all up? Very Happy
Big Al
Big Al

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Wed 17 Feb 2010, 9:52 am

Big Al wrote:Sorry not familiar with these places how long did u spend in the saddle all up? Very Happy

Yeah sorry, I must use the trip meter much more. All up I did about 275km. The last leg though (unsure of km) I not only always needed to stop halfway but when I got back into the the city I was glad to get a red light just to ease the pain on the inside of my thighs and get some blood flowing, with this new seat I just didn't notice any pain .. I could have kept on going.
With this seat, initially getting on it you don't see the immediate value of the purchase, get some km done on it and you do see value.
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  solerida Wed 17 Feb 2010, 10:40 am

Thanks for the review Baz Very Happy
I'll be looking into it.

Cheers.
solerida
solerida

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 17 Feb 2010, 12:02 pm

Looks good. Smile
The longest I have sat in one stretch was 285km (still only stuffed 12lt in the tank) and I have done a 800km day on the stocker without any trouble. My arse is a little padded though. I could imagine nothing worse than a sore rear. Good for you if it helps.
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Thu 18 Feb 2010, 4:21 pm

no more roid rage for baz!
potatomasher
potatomasher

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Thu 18 Feb 2010, 7:00 pm

Since I gave up smoking a sore arse is about the only reason to stop!
A seat like that I'd have no boundaries ! LOL!
Big Al
Big Al

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Fri 19 Feb 2010, 9:52 am

Big Al wrote:Since I gave up smoking a sore arse is about the only reason to stop!
A seat like that I'd have no boundaries ! LOL!

Exactly .. the only reason I stop now is for a nicotine hit .. or wait for some truck ahead of me to clear the road. cheers
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  boomer Wed 03 Mar 2010, 5:28 pm

OK, so my seat arrived today.
Have put it on, but not had a ride with it yet. That'll happen on the way to work tomorrow morning.
I have a small ventura bag which clips onto the rear of the seat via a "bra". that doesn't seem to work too well with the new seat, so may end up putting the gel front with the old back.

first impressions - doesn't seem much different to stock.
boomer
boomer

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Mon 08 Mar 2010, 8:18 pm

So Boomer, hows the new seat? I'm looking at them now after a 3 hour ride on the weekend with a sore arse after about an hour.
No better than me old XR 400 was. I think a gel seat may be the go and my wife agrees!
Baz, still happy with yours?
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Mon 08 Mar 2010, 8:34 pm

I'm still glad I got it. I did a 550km run couple of weeks ago, I was sore but I did same run on standard seat and was much more sore.
The best thing I think is those straight edges on standard seat are gone .. plus I'm a short arse 165cm tall fella, I really felt those edges.

You might be able to undo the the standard seat and shave the foam away on the edges and maybe end up with something similar, and I guess if that is stuffed up then you'll have to buy a new seat anyway.

Don't get the impression that when you fit the gel seat you will notice an immediate luxurious difference, I just noticed that after a long stint in the saddle when I got off I wasn't walking bowed legged like I'd been on a horse.
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  boomer Mon 08 Mar 2010, 10:48 pm

I did a run through the Nasho on Sunday to scrub in a new set of Road 2's, which was also the first "non commute" test for the seat.
It's OK. The issue I'm having is that the seat in the low position is a bit too low, & in the high position is a little too high - the new seat hasn't fixed that! It's in the low position now, but I'll probably change that at the weekend.

Someone else sat on it, & described the seat feeling like it was "cupping his buttocks" - certainly an improvement from stock. Feels to me like Corbin's that I've sat on on other bikes.
boomer
boomer

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Wed 10 Mar 2010, 10:20 pm

Well I bit the bullet and have ordered one of these seats. Looking at the pics just having the edges rounded off will make it that much better. Just gotta wait now.
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Thu 11 Mar 2010, 5:31 am

what can be better than having your buttocks cupped??
potatomasher
potatomasher

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

GEL SEAT - GENUINE SUZUKI Empty Tried the Airhawk..worthy of consideration too,

Post  ohmyfj55 Wed 12 May 2010, 12:43 pm

Hi all.

Bought the Airhawk (type it to google) air cushion for $174.00 last year. as i have two bikes i figured it would be able to transfer it between both.

Just did the two thousand klms between Sydney and Airlie Beach with it on the 650Dakar and not a sore butt-cheek to be had.

Had it for the three hour stint from here to Townsville on the bandit (longest so far) and is great on that too.
ohmyfj55
ohmyfj55

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Thu 28 Oct 2010, 8:01 am

Wondering if the seat everyone has bought from the eBay store partsdepot has had alll the parts to make it a plug and play swap over? By that I mean do you need anything from your old seat to fit the new one?
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Thu 28 Oct 2010, 9:37 am

No mate, you need to swap over the pan and rubber blocks from your orig seat.It comes as a bare seat only(ie in 2 pieces).
I have one on my bike and found the rider seat to be only slightly better but the wife says the passenger seat is much better.
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Thu 28 Oct 2010, 2:31 pm

Thanks Whitey.

Does anyone know how much height an "Airhawk" adds to a seat?

Cheers
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 28 Oct 2010, 6:43 pm

Good question. The stupid answer is it depends how much you inflate it. That's not the right answer because I've found you need to get just the right amount of inflation to have it work a treat (that's plain English for 'optimally'). I reckon getting the Airhawk to the right inflation is a bit like your favourite pillow (only arse instead of head Wink. It varies for the rider's weight, personal preferences, etc. So one person's set up might not suit another.

Now, that hasn't been very helpful. But I did notice a height increase with it fitted, even with low inflation, but not enough to bother me - at 6ft 2in I'm already sitting above the screen so an extra half to one inch didn't change the airflow arrangements much. But I did feel I was sitting slightly "up there", but that was probably because all previous kms have been without the Airhawk.

Before I fitted the lambswool cover, I did a 600 kms in a day trip with the Airhawk without any problems, although I reckon I was still getting a bit sore towards the end, but not much. I haven't tried the lambswool and the Airhawk but if I do I'll post a blog.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete Fri 29 Oct 2010, 10:17 pm

Hang on, the bike in the pics is blue. Don't you own a grey one?! drunken

LOL

Great looking seat mate! Hope to catch you out and about so I can have a sit on it!

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Sun 31 Oct 2010, 4:47 pm

Pete wrote:Hang on, the bike in the pics is blue. Don't you own a grey one?! drunken

LOL

Great looking seat mate! Hope to catch you out and about so I can have a sit on it!

I did have a blue .. but everytime I walked into Western Motorcycle at Penrith to have the blue serviced .. I swear the METALLIC OORT GRAY GSX1250FA kept on talking to me ... buy me ... buy me ... buy me & ride me ... now its talking again ... "ride me faster" .. I guess at the 24000k service it will be saying .."enter me"

I better stop. Embarassed
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next