Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jenolan Ride 23,24 & 25 March

+2
Baz
Jimcoleman
6 posters

Go down

Jenolan Ride 23,24 & 25 March Empty Jenolan Ride 23,24 & 25 March

Post  Jimcoleman Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:07 pm

i awoke to clear skies friday morning, bike was all packed and i was off on my first tour. Met up with Tony & Cathy, Shawn & Jodie, then off to Tathra to meet up with Terry and Eric & Nat. once we were all together off to bermi via the bermi rd awesome as ever, a boring ride up the highway to batemans bay meet up with brett and the boat ramp and of up the clyde, now i have never ridden up the clyde and apart from from some goose on a harley trying to race me up the mountain it was very much fun, especially watching this guy on a harley wrestling his harley around government bend was truly a site to behold in fruitility.

[img]Jenolan Ride 23,24 & 25 March Img_1511[/img]

Fuel up at braid wood, I was a bit keen for a pie but the bloody que was out the door, they must make a damn fine pie, off to Tarago, Goulburn, it was so bloody windy by the time i got to taralga my neck was a inch longer, Taralga pub for lunch as we rolled into the pub the place is wall to wall baby boomers on there harleys, great a tractor convention. it turns out that the paddock at mount panorama needed resowing so the sydney harley club was going to help out, good one guys.

Lunch over and luckily all the harleys had buggered off except for the odd broken down one, on to Oberon fuel up and down to Jenolan Cave nice run down to cave but it nearly ended in disaster for shawn on the Duc he hit some leaf litter on a hair pin and the front washed out causing him to use his dirt bike skills to save it, only damage one slightly scuffed camera mount

[img]Jenolan Ride 23,24 & 25 March _dsc3312[img]
Jenolan Ride 23,24 & 25 March Img_1510[/img]

ok jenolan caves yep im impressed, off to the first night accommodation the Hampton Halfway Hotel, What a shit hole burning it down would be a worthy renovation, $72 twin share per night with a scabby continental breakfast was way to much, some young guys on dirt bikes who where staying there too put a demo on why the drinking age should be 21, the room on the left was some guy banging his girl friend all night and the room on the right was a guy spewing all night between the guy roaring into bowl and the chick screaming she coming was night to remember to tell tony 4 stars and above only.

[img]Jenolan Ride 23,24 & 25 March Img_1513[/img]

one dodgy continental breakfast later, in goes the winter liner, air temp 4 degrees windchill factor -2 on with heated grips now i only put the liner in my jacket not my pants by the time i get to oberon i feel like frankenstein and wishing i put my liner in my pants. onto Bathurst for another refuel and onto Rylstone least its got a bit warmer.

the ride to Rylstone from bathurst was a great ride a lot of fun, into Rylstone enjoy a apple turn over and a milk ( not a coffee drinker)

[/img][img]Jenolan Ride 23,24 & 25 March Img_1514[/img

ok meet up with some other guys, bylong way was simply the best i had so much fun, sadly some guy in a different group decided to fall off in front of us but was only shaken not stirred . arrive in sandy springs with the fuel light flashing fill up lets do it all again i have to say my run back to rylstone was one of the best rides i have ever had and i definitely recommend it to anyone who is touring near there to do it. into Rylstone. motion X tells me average speed 104.9 kph. lunch at the global hotel am getting a bit sick of chips by now.

[img]Jenolan Ride 23,24 & 25 March Img_1515[/img]
[img]Jenolan Ride 23,24 & 25 March Img_1517[/img]

back to Bathurst off to the mountain for a few laps and check out how grass seeding was going, once again i had so much fun even though it was at 60kph

and yes I'm going the wrong way but it was worth it

off to Rockley for our saturday night accommodation, now after friday nights effort tony's credibility is shot to pieces but on arrival we are greeted by some young cowboy, did i hear deliverance music in my scala, ok rock up to the bar book in $50 a night including breakie mmm i hope its good, awesome was all i can say nice new beds clean modern bathroom, hot water was a good start. tony all is forgiven

Showered. now for some drinks and dinner, fresh parmi on the menu, ooh vege's too no chips please

[img]Jenolan Ride 23,24 & 25 March _dsc3313[/img]

after a cracker night sleep woke to a very cool morning looking like a cold bum to start with, packed up to be greeted by the chef on his rocket III damn there a big bike and this guy could ride it

[img]Jenolan Ride 23,24 & 25 March File0010[/img]

off to tralaga for morning tea, goulburn of fuel, Nelligen for lunch and then down the coast to home. nearly 1600klm travelled and the bandit never missed a beat ever the PR2 made it no problems so i can say i will get about 10k but it will be totally stuffed definitely got my moneys worth yep it was great ride, where to next ?

Last edited by Jimcoleman on Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Jenolan Ride 23,24 & 25 March Empty Re: Jenolan Ride 23,24 & 25 March

Post  Baz Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:18 pm

great report Jim, thanks.

wipe Hampton halfway off the list, check

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Jenolan Ride 23,24 & 25 March Empty Jenolan Ride 23,24 & 25 March

Post  Badger Tue 27 Mar 2012, 12:13 pm

Nice ride report and photos.
I rode up that way from Wollongong on saturday and stayed at Rylstone Globe hotel the night, arrived about 4.00pm. Got the last room in the hole area,.
Went up old northern road to windsor, Putty rd, Bylong way to rylstone, bathurst, oberon, goulburn and home.
If you like Bylong way then you'd love the putty.
Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:51 pm

Nice report - sounds like you had a great time.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 27 Mar 2012, 8:23 pm

Great report , glad you had a good time Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 27 Mar 2012, 9:26 pm

Looks and sounds like you all had a great time. Thanks for sharing.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down