Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gap under guages.

+3
Dmaxhall
Baz
Saikhan
7 posters

Go down

Gap under guages. Empty Gap under guages.

Post  Saikhan Mon 15 Feb 2010, 8:18 pm

Has anyone had trouble with a 2 to 3mm gap under their gauges. Mine has this gap and when you ride you can see the wiring underneath. Dealer stated today that it is screwed together that way and cannot be fixed.
I said I want Suzuki to fix it and he said that if I look at another S model Bandit I will probably find they all have the gap. I was looking at Bandits for ages before I purchased one and I cannot remember seeing this gap. I dont want to be a pain, but if any of you guys with S models are able to post some pics of your dash, I would appreciate it. I plan to take them to the dealer and shove them somewhere.

Regards

Todd
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Gap under guages. Empty Re: Gap under guages.

Post  Baz Mon 15 Feb 2010, 8:35 pm

Hard to see what gap your talking about. The plastic shroud that surrounds the gauges can sometimes not be fitted back in properly .. but that only needs a firm shove to make them right.
I'll post some pics of my gauges (but they don't show the plastic shroud I was just talking about).
Gap under guages. Pict0292_25
Gap under guages. BazsBanditdash_320x240_PICT0293-1
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Saikhan Mon 15 Feb 2010, 8:55 pm

Perfect Thankyou. The gap is just underneath the guage reset switches and the indicator lights. You have no gap, it is nice and flush as it should be. Unbelievable saying they are all like that. Evil or Very Mad

Again TYVM

Regards

Todd
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmaxhall Mon 15 Feb 2010, 9:39 pm

Saikhan wrote:Perfect Thankyou. The gap is just underneath the guage reset switches and the indicator lights. You have no gap, it is nice and flush as it should be. Unbelievable saying they are all like that. Evil or Very Mad

Again TYVM

Regards

Todd

The gauge pod comes out to replace the screen and the headlight bulbs. Easy enough to remove and refit. It is basically a tongue and groove, click together setup.
If you look at www.bikebandit.com there are the parts breakdown diagrams for the bike. Look at the dash panel section and you will see what I mean.

Fix it yourself. You will get used to the fact that the suzuki dealers don't know much about the newer bandit.

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on
which the established authorities are wrong"

- Voltaire
Dmaxhall
Dmaxhall

Back to top Go down

Post  Saikhan Mon 15 Feb 2010, 10:13 pm

They had it off today while it was in for it's first service. They said thats just the way it is. I will look at it myself but I wanted them to see it first. Thanks for the info
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmaxhall Tue 16 Feb 2010, 5:13 pm

It will be interesting to see how it comes back...

(When I had my dash apart to replace the headlight bulbs I found a spare windshield retainer nut between the frame and the plastic panels. Score one for me... cheers )

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on
which the established authorities are wrong"

- Voltaire
Dmaxhall
Dmaxhall

Back to top Go down

Gap under guages. Empty Well silly me!.

Post  Saikhan Tue 16 Feb 2010, 10:36 pm

Here I was thinking that photos of 5 seperate Bandit dashes, without any gap would be some sort of evidence that the gap on mine was not a standard feature. I was very very wrong. It would seem that this ratio of 5 to 1 is not enough to prove they dont all look like that. The dealer is unmoved and even suggested I fix it myself by pointing out that I only need to remove 2 screws. confused Evil or Very Mad

I dunno, on the plus side I absolutely love riding this bike, it's great, but this issue sort of takes a bit of the shine off it . No big deal I guess.
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Wed 17 Feb 2010, 1:42 am

take the gauges off (2 screws and a pin/hole type arrangement behind it.)
Unplug the electrics
Take the gauge cluster off the mounting plate (4 screws)

maybe it's not mounted properly

I've made a word doc with some pics but can't work out how to attach it. Maybe I can't. If you would like it send me your email addy and I'll send it your way

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 17 Feb 2010, 11:53 am

Saikhan wrote:Here I was thinking that photos of 5 seperate Bandit dashes, without any gap would be some sort of evidence that the gap on mine was not a standard feature. I was very very wrong. It would seem that this ratio of 5 to 1 is not enough to prove they dont all look like that. The dealer is unmoved and even suggested I fix it myself by pointing out that I only need to remove 2 screws. confused Evil or Very Mad

I dunno, on the plus side I absolutely love riding this bike, it's great, but this issue sort of takes a bit of the shine off it . No big deal I guess.

Mate your dealer absolutely sucks. Care to name them?
I'd be voicing my displeasure to Suzuki Aust via email and if no response a follow up phone call.

On another note my dealer said he couldn’t do anything about the gap under my front wheel when launching from traffic lights. This too is a feature apparently Laughing

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Sat 06 Mar 2010, 9:26 pm

im not sure where u mean the gap is....i have had the instruments off a few times - u just undo the 2 screws ans it pulls out basically and pops back in again - sometimes after a bit of jiggling - where is the gap u mean?
potatomasher
potatomasher

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Saikhan Sat 06 Mar 2010, 10:07 pm

It's all sorted now Masher thanks. I fixed it myself. Thanks to all who helped. I removed the guages and used a stanley knife to trim some poorly extruded plastic on a couple of the white lugs. All done, seems this was far too technical for the dealer mechanic.
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Gap under guages. Empty Gap under dash

Post  Big Al Sun 07 Mar 2010, 9:41 am

Vote with your feet and wallet man!
Big Al
Big Al

Back to top Go down

Post  Saikhan Sun 07 Mar 2010, 10:41 pm

I am never going to set foot in that dealership again. Also I am telling anyone interested what a dick the dealer principle is. I have bought 6 bikes in 4 years from them and IMO I was treated like crap. So the local Honda/kwaka/harley/triumph shop is now the place I go. Very Happy As far as I can see I haven't been asking to be treated extra specially. If I ran a dealership and someone who has purchased a few bikes and a shipload of accessories and oil and tyres had a problem I would do my best to sort it out. Now they get nuthin.

End of rant. Smile
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum