Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

She's blaming Grover, Ewok, Baz and Bruiser!

+4
2wheelsagain
Hammy
STI-REX
Bhoffo
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

She's blaming Grover, Ewok, Baz and Bruiser! Empty She's blaming Grover, Ewok, Baz and Bruiser!

Post  Bhoffo Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:01 am

Went for a short splurt yesterday to Oberon via Hampton for a late breakfast, then returned via the road to Bathurst; turned off at O'Connell for Tarana and past Lake Lyall to return to the Blue Mts....

As I was enjoying myself with my GF on the back and cruising (a might fast I'll admit Smile ) between Oberon and O'Connell I felt a bit of a dig in the ribs, I slowed down to a little more reasonable speed and continued on my merry way getting low (for me anyway) on some of the corners, accelerating quickly out of them etc etc all the way back home...

When I asked if she enjoyed the ride she promptly told me that after being away with the boys (I've been away a few times now over the past month or so the last time being last weekend to Bermagui with Baz, Grover, Ewok and Bruiser) that I'm riding much faster and that she felt that she wanted to get off... (I suggested mildly that getting off when she pumped me in the ribs may not have been the best option) Laughing - Oh well... as long as one of us had a good time! Smile - so should I feel bad??

Back to top Go down

She's blaming Grover, Ewok, Baz and Bruiser! Empty Re: She's blaming Grover, Ewok, Baz and Bruiser!

Post  STI-REX Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:13 am

No don't feel bad and there are a couple of options available to her

Next time you get poked in the ribs stop at the next town and point her in the direction of the bus / train Laughing

Or leave her at home

Or encourage her to get her own bike licence + bike so that she can see that it is not really as dangerous as she perceives it affraid

I took my Mrs on the back of the bike around a race track for 10 laps ( she loved it )and she has never made any comments about the pace of rides on the road
STI-REX
STI-REX

Back to top Go down

She's blaming Grover, Ewok, Baz and Bruiser! Empty Re: She's blaming Grover, Ewok, Baz and Bruiser!

Post  Hammy Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:23 am

I think you kinda summed it up nicely Bhoffo. Riding with a pillion is kinda like having sex. As long as you enjoyed the experience. That is all that matters. Twisted Evil Note that I left the gender out of the pillion part. Each to his/her own. On the other hand. Yes. Your GF is probably right about the company that you have been keeping. Hoons! The lot of them. Cut all ties with the above mentioned and find some new, nice riding compnions. Laughing
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:34 am

Time for the pillion to get her own bike I say Smile
I'm always in conservative mode carrying "ballast" on the back. I'll do it but it takes the fun out of it for me.
Ewok makes me ride fast too Laughing

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:01 pm

Hammy wrote:I think you kinda summed it up nicely Bhoffo. Riding with a pillion is kinda like having sex. As long as you enjoyed the experience. That is all that matters. Twisted Evil Note that I left the gender out of the pillion part. Each to his/her own. On the other hand. Yes. Your GF is probably right about the company that you have been keeping. Hoons! The lot of them. Cut all ties with the above mentioned and find some new, nice riding compnions. Laughing

Does that mean your missus pokes you in the ribs if your going a bit quick during sex then Hammy ? Shocked Embarassed Razz

Last edited by paul on Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:05 pm

paul wrote:
Hammy wrote:I think you kinda summed it up nicely Bhoffo. Riding with a pillion is kinda like having sex. As long as you enjoyed the experience. That is all that matters. Twisted Evil Note that I left the gender out of the pillion part. Each to his/her own. On the other hand. Yes. Your GF is probably right about the company that you have been keeping. Hoons! The lot of them. Cut all ties with the above mentioned and find some new, nice riding compnions. Laughing

Does Jan poke you in the ribs if your going a bit quick during sex then Hammy ? Shocked Embarassed Razz

I will lower my standards to answer this question.

No! I dont think so. Neutral
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:06 pm

Hammy wrote:
paul wrote:

Does Jan poke you in the ribs if your going a bit quick during sex then Hammy ? Shocked Embarassed Razz

I will lower my standards to answer this question.

No! I dont think so. Neutral

Aren`t you sure ? Wink

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:07 pm

Sure about what ??
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:13 pm

Hammy wrote:Sure about what ??

You said you don`t think so

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:51 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:Time for the pillion to get her own bike I say Smile
I'm always in conservative mode carrying "ballast" on the back. I'll do it but it takes the fun out of it for me.

In all honesty, maybe a fair call over my 2010 riding due to:

- new front springs and valves (the bike is seriously better)

- review of counter-steering technique (thanks to a 2 Wheels mag free DVD)

- new tyres
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:55 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:Time for the pillion to get her own bike I say Smile

In all honesty, maybe a fair call over my 2010 riding due to:

- new front springs and valves (the bike is seriously better)

- review of counter-steering technique (thanks to a 2 Wheels mag free DVD)

- new tyres

Did you upgrade your rear shock as well Ewok ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:58 pm

No, it has only pre-load adjustment and the hardest setting (7) is way too hard for me - I have mine on 5. Don't reckon it would be worth the money to mess about with for general road riding.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:00 pm

Hey. If it feels good. Dont mess with it. Why spend $$$ when you dont have to.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:31 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:No, it has only pre-load adjustment and the hardest setting (7) is way too hard for me - I have mine on 5. Don't reckon it would be worth the money to mess about with for general road riding.

Is it the orig.shock Ewok as mine has rebound adjustment as well as preload ( page 2-23 of the handbook )

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 27 Mar 2012, 6:14 pm

Oh - it is the original. I never knew it had rebound adjustment! Embarassed
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 27 Mar 2012, 6:18 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:Oh - it is the original. I never knew it had rebound adjustment! Embarassed

They seem to have got it pretty right I think I`ve never had to muck around with mine ( maybe when it gets older I may have to . ) Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Tue 27 Mar 2012, 6:39 pm

So being a total novitiate when it comes to the bike's suspension and mechanics - how should I determine if it needs adjustment (front springs, sag or preload)??? Question Embarassed

Like to get it as good as it can be... all original at the moment... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:57 pm

Sorry Bhoffo, I can't help there - I just put it into Suspension Smith in Fyshwick and let Laurie take care of it. $400 later I picked it up - money well spent by the feel of the result, but it wasn't just an adjustment (as menioned elsewhere the front springs and valves were replaced).
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:59 pm

Bhoffo wrote:So being a total novitiate when it comes to the bike's suspension and mechanics - how should I determine if it needs adjustment (front springs, sag or preload)??? Question Embarassed

Like to get it as good as it can be... all original at the moment... Smile

If you Google it there is a myriad of info on it , but basically to set the sag on your front & rear , you first need to measure a distance with the wheel off the ground on the center stand eg swing arm to seat or something & the same with the front forks ( find 2 points to measure between on the forks with the front wheel off the ground ) then you need to take the bike off the center stand & measure again ( easier with a friend to help do it ) the measurement difference on mine is 1 and a 1/4 inches front and 1/2 inch rear. Next sit on your bike with whatever you normally wear & carry & measure again . The difference on mine is 3/8 inch on the front and 7/8 inch on the rear /this means a total of
1 and 5/8 inches front and 1 and 3/8 inches rear . ideally for a road bike it should be front 1 and 1/2 to 2 inches and rear 1 and 1/4 to 1 and 1/2 inches // I weigh 85 to 90 kg bracket .
we don`t have rebound on the front , but with the rear , basically if it feels too bouncy & loose , then it needs increasing a little at a time , but if it feels harsh& bumpy ( like it isn`t letting the shock work in & out fast enough) then it`s set too hard. Hope this helps .

Last edited by paul on Tue 27 Mar 2012, 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Tue 27 Mar 2012, 8:00 pm

Let me Google that for you. Smile
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=motorcycle+suspension+tuning

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Tue 27 Mar 2012, 9:11 pm

Thanks Hammy and Re-Cycled... that's a help and a good starting point... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 27 Mar 2012, 9:15 pm

Bhoffo wrote:Thanks Hammy and Re-Cycled... that's a help and a good starting point... Smile

My wife wrote Paul on all my clothing not Hammy LOL Razz

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 27 Mar 2012, 9:24 pm

paul wrote:
Bhoffo wrote:Thanks Hammy and Re-Cycled... that's a help and a good starting point... Smile

Ooops. Lokks like the secrets out. After all these years, and only that one trip to Adelaide. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 27 Mar 2012, 9:27 pm

Hammy wrote:
paul wrote:

Ooops. Lokks like the secrets out. After all these years, and only that one trip to Adelaide. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

lol! lol! It all catches up eventually .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 27 Mar 2012, 9:41 pm

Why do you think I'm living on an Island ? Wink
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next