Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idiots day out .

+6
quizguy
BanditDave
Kiwisteve
Grover
Baz
gus
10 posters

Go down

Idiots day out . Empty Idiots day out .

Post  gus Fri 16 Mar 2012, 6:49 pm

Every now and then there seems to be a day all the idiots have a get together . In the surf its the day they all jump into a rip and get dragged out
to sea. Even motorcyclists have a day when they all do stupid things and crash all day .
Today was idiot car driver day .
80 in a 40 zone normal
100 in a 40 zone quite a few .
People on phones ,loads .
Truck driving through STOP while on mobile -1
Old lady ABS moment sliding past me in pouring rain -1
The very best moment was an all time great though and still not sure how she did it . TRY THIS

Driving with a can of "V" and a cig in the right hand while holding the mobile to your ear with the left hand .But wait, she managed to wave at the same
time .Brilliant Moment .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Idiots day out . Empty Re: Idiots day out .

Post  Baz Fri 16 Mar 2012, 6:53 pm

I didn't go for a ride today but just walking out to my front lawn I saw a lady applying make-up in a moving vehicle on a major road

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Grover Fri 16 Mar 2012, 7:58 pm

yep. Some days they just seem to be everywhere, no matter where you look.

I like to travel at a good clip, but I stick the the reduced limit when going through roadworks out of respect for the people working there. No bastard tears through my office at 100kph!

"I do not fear death. I was dead for billions and billions of years before my birth and I have not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." Mark Twain
Grover
Grover

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Fri 16 Mar 2012, 10:18 pm

+1 Grover, no need to put people like Gus at risk in their work place. I drive a truck, & like to get home at the end of every day, I'm sure Gus doesn't mind getting home too much either! Always a good excuse for a beer after work eh!
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 17 Mar 2012, 7:18 am

lot of traffic controll guys thinkthey are cops (really annoying )
On a job site we are bottom of the pack , i can live with that no problems but it about time someone gave me an icecream .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Idiots day out . Empty Traffic Control Signs

Post  BanditDave Sat 17 Mar 2012, 8:57 am

My daughter is a traffic controller just like Gus (well, maybe not like Gus Very Happy ).

She is not working at present but tells me some horror stories of motorists having absolutely no regard for road signage or directions by traffic controllers.

I believe I am a fairly courteous road user but one thing that gets me going is when traffic controllers leave there signage set up on the road usually through the night.

I'm sure it would be a P.I.T.A. to take these signs away particularly where a job is going to last for several days but what I would like is for the signs to be turned at 90 degrees to indicate they are not in service. This is normal practice within mine sites.

On a recent road trip from Mackay to Collinsville via Bowen (300Kms) there were 8 unfinished roadworks all displaying signage but only two were active.

Maybe somebody who has run out of carbon fibre projects could design a rotating mechanism for these road signs. Given the number of road signs in use, I reckon a good design would be worth quite a few dollars.

Last edited by BanditDave on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:02 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : added)

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Post  quizguy Sat 17 Mar 2012, 2:02 pm

I was coming home from work (in My Car) the other night after a rain squall with a wet road. I was approaching a large 2 laned roundabout with only one car on it travelling the other direction - as I entered the roundabout the other car had their blinker on to exit so I started to enter ... they changed their mind at the last second and continued on heading straight for me!.. I swerved left and he swerved right missing each other. he swerved so hard he spun the car around to be facing the wrong direction in the middle of the roundabout.. He was a P plater with 4 other people in the car and they all just smiled at me and waved, i of course was screaming and ranting, but drove on as I thought someone else might follow and collect us both.. P plater should be made to drive a car no larger tha a 2 lt and have no more than 2 passengers.. better still make them keep their Ps for 2 years.. I know I was young once, but things are a bit different now and i think they are dangerous!

quizguy

http://www.scorpioduo.com/   http://www.triviashow.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sat 17 Mar 2012, 2:50 pm

BanditDave wrote:
On a recent road trip ... there were 8 unfinished roadworks all displaying signage but only two were active.

Listening to the weekly radio show a little while ago where they invite the local constabulary to answer questions, there was a query about roadworks and afterhours.

Couple of points that were made:
1. Just because there are no workers present, it does not mean that section of road is safe to travel at the original speed.
2. If the road works has the lower speed sign displayed you must do that speed until you get to another speed sign.
3. This means the original speed limit does not apply even if there is an "End Roadworks" sign.

This is for the ACT, not sure about other states but I would suspect it is the same.

Idiots day out . Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sat 17 Mar 2012, 2:57 pm

BanditDave wrote:My daughter is a traffic controller just like Gus (well, maybe not like Gus Very Happy ).

She is not working at present but tells me some horror stories of motorists having absolutely no regard for road signage or directions by traffic controllers.

I believe I am a fairly courteous road user but one thing that gets me going is when traffic controllers leave there signage set up on the road usually through the night.

I'm sure it would be a P.I.T.A. to take these signs away particularly where a job is going to last for several days but what I would like is for the signs to be turned at 90 degrees to indicate they are not in service. This is normal practice within mine sites.

On a recent road trip from Mackay to Collinsville via Bowen (300Kms) there were 8 unfinished roadworks all displaying signage but only two were active.

Maybe somebody who has run out of carbon fibre projects could design a rotating mechanism for these road signs. Given the number of road signs in use, I reckon a good design would be worth quite a few dollars.

There was talk, down here anyway, about making it illegal to leave roadwork signs up after hours. As long as the road was still safe to travel on. As far as I can tell it mustn't have got passed as it still happens. Would be a good idea though.
The other PITA is the miles of slow speed zone leading up to a road work area. Now I have no problem with slowing down for the road works themselves. I don't want to put anyone at risk, but when the speed drops for 1k+ down to 80 then .5k or more to 60 then 40k for another.5k before you even get to "Gus" (I decree all traffic controllers hereby to be named Gus Smile )Its no surprise that most motorists ignore then until the road works are in sight.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sat 17 Mar 2012, 3:00 pm

barry_mcki wrote:
BanditDave wrote:
On a recent road trip ... there were 8 unfinished roadworks all displaying signage but only two were active.

Listening to the weekly radio show a little while ago where they invite the local constabulary to answer questions, there was a query about roadworks and afterhours.

Couple of points that were made:
1. Just because there are no workers present, it does not mean that section of road is safe to travel at the original speed.
2. If the road works has the lower speed sign displayed you must do that speed until you get to another speed sign.
3. This means the original speed limit does not apply even if there is an "End Roadworks" sign.

This is for the ACT, not sure about other states but I would suspect it is the same.

Sometimes the work is not even on the road, just that there are workers in close proximity to the road during the day. The road itself is still the same.
And how many times do you see road speed signs out and there is no sign of work and hasn't been for weeks.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 17 Mar 2012, 3:02 pm

Thats true .
We never leave signs out over night .
The council on the other hand .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sat 17 Mar 2012, 5:26 pm

In our day, every boy's bedroom was littered with road signs.

If that tradition had of continued the councils would be a bit more careful in putting away their signs when finished, I am sure they are not cheap to replace.
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Grover Mon 19 Mar 2012, 9:08 pm

A very practical solution there Barry. I might look funny with them strapped to the back seat of the Bandit though.

"I do not fear death. I was dead for billions and billions of years before my birth and I have not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." Mark Twain
Grover
Grover

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 20 Mar 2012, 8:06 am

Check this out !
It happened on the Kalgoorlie to Perth Road .

A culvert was being installed across the road with a detour gravel road graded around the whole area.

The Truckie has just gone clean on through the detour signs and straight into the trench.

Luckily he survived with minor injuries…..!

I don't know he managed that one…….!

Just check out the third picture........................!!!

Idiots day out . Att11610

Idiots day out . Att11611Idiots day out . Att11612
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 20 Mar 2012, 8:29 am

affraid affraid affraid affraid
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Tue 20 Mar 2012, 7:00 pm

F#*k Me! affraid he must have been 'moving' and probably at night.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Grover Tue 20 Mar 2012, 9:11 pm

That driver is very lucky that the last thing through his mind wasn't his arse.

Grover
Grover

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Tue 20 Mar 2012, 9:18 pm

Grover wrote:That driver is very lucky that the last thing through his mind wasn't his arse.

What mind? Razz

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 20 Mar 2012, 9:37 pm

madmax wrote:F#*k Me! affraid he must have been 'moving' and probably at night.

I'm just guessing MM but I would think that he had everything locked up and went in with not a lot of speed. The trailers seem to be not to badly damaged. JMO. ??
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 21 Mar 2012, 7:12 am

Hammy wrote:
madmax wrote:F#*k Me! affraid he must have been 'moving' and probably at night.

I'm just guessing MM but I would think that he had everything locked up and went in with not a lot of speed. The trailers seem to be not to badly damaged. JMO. ??

Yeah most likely, But I meant he'd must have been moving to miss all the detour and road closed signs. Or is this another case of "what road works I can't see any road works" and just steam on through, until its too late.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 21 Mar 2012, 7:35 am

Who knows. I bet he had a few questions to answer.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum