Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Borrriiing !

4 posters

Go down

Borrriiing ! Empty Borrriiing !

Post  paul Sun 26 Feb 2012, 3:09 pm

Why, when there is a world class event like the super bikes do the free to air stations ignore it in preference to a triathlon , cricket etc ( Even equal time would be good ). I realize that it is on Foxtel but we all don`t have Foxtel to watch it .I would have thought that if an event is big enough for the world stage , then it should at least be given local support by the country hosting it .
Rant over ......................Don`t get me started . Evil or Very Mad

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Borrriiing ! Empty Borrriiing !

Post  paul Sun 26 Feb 2012, 3:35 pm

An email I sent to WSBK office ( for what it`s worth )

I must admit to being a little more than disappointed that only Foxtel subscribers are able to watch the telecast of this world class event. I don`t know what process is used to determine who telecasts it, but I would have thought local television support which would reach a much wider audience than the current situation would be a much more satisfactory outcome . I find it hard to believe some kind of arrangement with the local free to air stations could not be met.Surely it can`t all be about the dollar .
Respectfully ...

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Borrriiing ! Empty Re: Borrriiing !

Post  Hammy Sun 26 Feb 2012, 4:03 pm

Will be interested to see if you get a reply. Also agree with you 100%.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 26 Feb 2012, 5:23 pm

Hammy wrote:Will be interested to see if you get a reply. Also agree with you 100%.

I`ll post it up if they do .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Rabid_Canine Tue 28 Feb 2012, 12:54 pm

I watched it at home on Fox. Race 2 was a cracker.
Fox paid for it, so they get to broadcast it, just as MotoGP used to be on Fox direct and then on delay on 10 network, it's what the networks are prepared to pay.
Clearly Ten (or any other network) weren't prepared to pony up.

But there is another solution - most pubs have more than one large TV showing various sports channels. Simple takes a call to the local and a quick chat with the bar manager. Worked for me in the past before I got Poxtel.
All for the price of a couple of lemon squashes and a some salted peanuts........

Rabid_Canine

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 28 Feb 2012, 7:22 pm

Rabid_Canine wrote:I watched it at home on Fox. Race 2 was a cracker.
Fox paid for it, so they get to broadcast it, just as MotoGP used to be on Fox direct and then on delay on 10 network, it's what the networks are prepared to pay.

But there is another solution - most pubs have more than one large TV showing various sports channels. Simple takes a call to the local and a quick chat with the bar manager. Worked for me in the past before I got Poxtel.
All for the price of a couple of lemon squashes and a some salted peanuts........

True I could have gone to the pub , but I believe there is a bigger picture. My point is that just as the 12 hour @ P.I. was poorly publicized / promoted ,it therefore was poorly attended . (I`m not suggesting this event was poorly attended , but it could have been better ) I think limiting a viewing audience by giving the televising rights to the highest bidder is not always in the best interest of the sport , & ultimately the amount of interest generated equates to higher attendances at the gate . I may be wrong , but I wonder if any other given sport would suffer if all but ignored by the media outlets who are able to reach the larger viewing audience. I would have thought it would be in the best interests of the organizers to promote a world class event they have taken on to stage in any country, to ultimately maximize profits by promoting that event as much as possible and to generate public interest in that sport .I also feel that if enough people take the time to put their point of view across , there may be more of a chance the current situation may be changed to include perhaps the lower bidding broadcaster in some way ............Here`s hoping anyway Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  chips Wed 29 Feb 2012, 7:17 pm

paul wrote:
Rabid_Canine wrote:I watched it at home on Fox. Race 2 was a cracker.

True I could have gone to the pub , but I believe there is a bigger picture. My point is that just as the 12 hour @ P.I. was poorly publicized / promoted ,it therefore was poorly attended . (I`m not suggesting this event was poorly attended , but it could have been better ) I think limiting a viewing audience by giving the televising rights to the highest bidder is not always in the best interest of the sport , & ultimately the amount of interest generated equates to higher attendances at the gate . I may be wrong , but I wonder if any other given sport would suffer if all but ignored by the media outlets who are able to reach the larger viewing audience. I would have thought it would be in the best interests of the organizers to promote a world class event they have taken on to stage in any country, to ultimately maximize profits by promoting that event as much as possible and to generate public interest in that sport .I also feel that if enough people take the time to put their point of view across , there may be more of a chance the current situation may be changed to include perhaps the lower bidding broadcaster in some way ............Here`s hoping anyway Very Happy

This is true accross so many sports though. The A-league is another

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum