Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear Guard Chop.

+6
Skywardbandit
Ross.
2wheelsagain
paul
reddog
Hammy
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rear Guard Chop. - Page 2 Empty Rear Guard Chop.

Post  Hammy Fri 06 Jan 2012, 2:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well after some lengthy thought, Oh about 20 seconds. The chop was on. The good thing about this new LED tail light is that it has a clear bottom section where white/faint blueish light shines down for a number plate. So might as well make use of it, Right ? The reflector came curtousy of one of three old postie bikes in the shed. Dont tell Jan.

Rear Guard Chop. - Page 2 Dsc_0612

Rear Guard Chop. - Page 2 Dsc_0613
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Rear Guard Chop. - Page 2 Empty Re: Rear Guard Chop.

Post  paul Sun 08 Jan 2012, 7:42 pm

2010banditsa wrote:Trying to find the regs for SA so i can cut mine down as well as they look sweet chopped and all i can find is the following relating to SA

Vehicle Standards – Transport SA, Vehicle Services
Kateena Street, Regency Park SA 5010, PO Box 2526 Regency Park 5942
Phone 1300 882 248 Fax (08) 8348 9533
REQUIREMENTS FOR MOTORCYCLES & SIDECARS
INTRODUCTION
This Information Bulletin provides details relating to the requirements for motorcycles and sidecars
contained within the Road Traffic Act and Regulations and Australian Design Rules (ADRs).

MUDGUARDS
Every motorcycle must have a mudguard fitted to both the front and rear wheels. The mudguard must be
constructed and fitted so that it will as far as practicable catch or deflect downwards any stones, mud,
water or other material which may be thrown up by the rotation of the wheels.
In the case of a motorcycle with sidecar attached the sidecar must also be equipped with an effective
mudguard.

REFLECTORS
Every motorcycle and sidecar attached to a motorcycle must be fitted with a reflector to the rear which
is capable of projecting a red reflection of light.
The centre of the reflector must not be higher than 1.5 metres and must be fitted in the vertical plane
facing squarely to the rear.

does this mean i can cut it down as much as Hammy, providing i have a reflector and numberplate under light? looks like it to me.

I rode around for a few years on my last bandit with a fender eliminator fitted ( up to oct. 2010 ) and never got chatted about it in SA .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2