Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken side stand

3 posters

Go down

Broken side stand Empty Broken side stand

Post  Suu Kyi Wed 28 Dec 2011, 4:55 pm

My son's currently riding across to Adelaide with a mate, left Perth on Boxing day and at the border today. The sidestand on his 2006 Triumph Scrambler broke in in Coolgardie. Apparently the bolt went first followed by one side of the "U" bracket on the top of the stand leg. Rang Peter Stevens Motorcycles in Adelaide for a replacement, none in Oz, 3 weeks wait from the UK. May be able to weld it back here in Perth but that's a long time away, in the meantime lucky he's got a centre stand but still inconvenient getting on and off etc.

Does anyone have any contacts in Adelaide please who could perhaps repair or replace, thanks.
Suu Kyi
Suu Kyi

Back to top Go down

Broken side stand Empty Re: Broken side stand

Post  xpalan Wed 28 Dec 2011, 7:49 pm

Dont know of anyone personally , but happy to post the request on the Riding S.A site if you like . Also if your son needs somewhere to try a patch up repair , He is welcome to come to my place. However I live south of Adelaide and may be too far out for him.
xpalan
xpalan

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 28 Dec 2011, 9:56 pm

You can also try Aussie street bikes. There are quite a few sa riders on there that may be able to help.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Suu Kyi Wed 28 Dec 2011, 11:10 pm

[quote="xpalan"]Dont know of anyone personally , but happy to post the request on the Riding S.A site if you like . Also if your son needs somewhere to try a patch up repair , He is welcome to come to my place. However I live south of Adelaide and may be too far out for him. [/quote
Thanks for your response and offer to help and yes please post on the Riding SA site.
Suu Kyi
Suu Kyi

Back to top Go down

Post  Suu Kyi Wed 28 Dec 2011, 11:13 pm

reddog wrote:You can also try Aussie street bikes. There are quite a few sa riders on there that may be able to help.
OK thanks, will try that too.
Suu Kyi
Suu Kyi

Back to top Go down

Post  xpalan Wed 28 Dec 2011, 11:55 pm

Posted on the Riding S.A site , will let you know if anything turns up
xpalan
xpalan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content