Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Goodbye and thanks for all the fish"

+9
Re-Cycled
2wheelsagain
gus
dhula
paul
reddog
Hammy
Reardo
lliquidlen
13 posters

Go down

"Goodbye and thanks for all the fish" Empty "Goodbye and thanks for all the fish"

Post  lliquidlen Sun 18 Dec 2011, 10:03 pm

Folks as much as I have enjoyed your company, fellowship and kindred spirits, I sincerely feel that I travel on a different plane than most of you.

Note well! This is no insult to you fine and decent folk rather an acceptance on my behalf that I am quite different than most of you in my use of my version of humor.

When among folk of like kind and Monty Pythonesque humor (i.e. the lunatic fringe) I am at home, but I fear that I have upset folk here and that was not my intent so this will be my parting gesture to you all.

Thank you for putting up with me, thank you all for being the kind decent and helpful folk you are, thank you for having good taste in Motorbicycles and thank you all for caring about your fellow motorbicyclists.

You are a fine lot.

Goodbye and thanks.

lliquidlen
lliquidlen

Back to top Go down

"Goodbye and thanks for all the fish" Empty Re: "Goodbye and thanks for all the fish"

Post  Reardo Sun 18 Dec 2011, 10:24 pm

Nice to meet ya. C ya around the forums.

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

"Goodbye and thanks for all the fish" Empty Re: "Goodbye and thanks for all the fish"

Post  Hammy Sun 18 Dec 2011, 10:30 pm

It is with deep sadness that I read this, and hope that you may change your mind to help broaden ours, so to speak. Your use of the English language is a delight to read, and your sharp wit is not at all out of place here. I will miss you.

Paul.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sun 18 Dec 2011, 10:42 pm

Sad to hear that you have decided to leave liquidlen... It's the internet and at the end of the day people will take things the wrong way. I wouldn't lose sleep over it, we all have our own opinion and sometimes they differ. Hope you have fun out there on the black top, at the end of the day thats what we should be doing rather than typing on here Smile
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 18 Dec 2011, 11:31 pm

Sorry to hear it Chris & you certainly brought a unique style to your posts . Ride safe & I wish you well ............Paul

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Mon 19 Dec 2011, 1:59 am

So sad that it should come to this. If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

My opinion for what it counts. Stay, diversity is the key to suxess

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 19 Dec 2011, 6:41 am

MMMnmm .Thats a shame ,if you piss me off, i'll tell you ,no need to leave . Get back here .Like i said, your an acquired tast . Very Happy Wink
All the best Chris.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 19 Dec 2011, 7:20 am

Thats a shame. We're all different.
I suggest you still keep an eye on this place.
I'm not saying goodbye Laughing

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Mon 19 Dec 2011, 7:22 am

I think you'll find it's "So long and thanks for all the fish" lol!

Dang, might have missed a comma there!

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Grover Tue 20 Dec 2011, 5:39 pm

lliquidlen

I strongly urge you to reconsider your decision and I am one who has 'tangled' with you previously. the breadth of diversity of opinions and walks of life of the people here is what makes it interesting. C'mon, hang around - we aren't that fkn bad are we?

"I do not fear death. I was dead for billions and billions of years before my birth and I have not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." Mark Twain
Grover
Grover

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 20 Dec 2011, 6:48 pm

Mate,

I enjoyed your responses and the fact that they exposed your broad knowledge of the English language. Hope you're not leaving because you think we're a bunch of dullards that didn't respond to some of your posts. On the other hand, tangling with people is a different story and we all know it happens periodically on the journey we call life - it just can't be helped and so I'm expecting you're fully across that and are leaving for other reasons. Hope whatever is bugging you is just a flesh wound - and before you respond, I'll do it for you:

King Arthur: [after Arthur's cut off both of the Black Knight's arms] Look, you stupid Bastard. You've got no arms left.
Black Knight: Yes I have.
King Arthur: *Look*!
Black Knight: It's just a flesh wound.

Very Happy Sad Razz Rolling Eyes All trhe best for Xmas and beyond.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  suzbandit Tue 20 Dec 2011, 7:48 pm

Oh... come on Chris. We all loose a bit of bark occasionally. We're a hardy lot you know. A few ups and downs, a spark here and there, shouldn't derail the diversity of people on this forum.
We all love a bit of colour every now and then, even if we don't always agree with it. Stick around mate. You're part of the necessary gene pool. Take some Bandit therapy. I santa t works for most of us.
A Happy Christmas to all. santa

suzbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 20 Dec 2011, 8:36 pm

I spoke to Chris last night and I'm happy to report he has pulled out for his own reasons.
I'm sure he'll lurk occasionally and I'll be quizzed regularly about the goings on here.
I'm personally dissapointed he has bowed out because Chris has a unique take on life.
If anyone is down for the supers we should all try to catch up Smile

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 20 Dec 2011, 8:46 pm

As posted elsewhere, Grover and I will be down for WSBK but Grover probably has more flexibility wrt catching up due to routes, mores the pity for me.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Thof Tue 20 Dec 2011, 9:40 pm

Chris, defeatist...? Your kiddin' me... as Lleyton would say, c'mon!!!
Thof
Thof

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down