Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear sprocket

3 posters

Go down

Rear sprocket Empty Rear sprocket

Post  silverfox111 Mon 21 Nov 2011, 9:57 pm

G'day everyone.
Has anyone tried replacing the rear sprocket on a gsf1200s to lower the revs when cruising?
It seems strange to me that a bike with a grunty (torquey) motor like the bandit spins at nearly 4000 rpm at a true 100kmh.
I was thinking of dropping 1 or 2 teeth for general riding & maybe 3 teeth for when touring (trip to the island).
What are your thoughts on this?
Silverfox111
silverfox111
silverfox111

Back to top Go down

Rear sprocket Empty rear sprocket

Post  paul Mon 21 Nov 2011, 10:21 pm

there are some that have done this mod. but I had a 1200 before this bike & after a while I didnt really notice the revs. It isnt really harming the motor as its fairly under-stressed anyway, & it was better for overtaking etc. IMO.
why not pop into the introductions section/ introduce, & tell us a bit about yourself Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Rear sprocket Empty Re: Rear sprocket

Post  chips Tue 22 Nov 2011, 12:47 am

i have also considered this. After having the bike for a couple of months its not something I will be doing...
assuming I stay in Brisbane. If I move to the northern territory then yes, I would do it but only because freeway speeds there are 130 and then the lower revs would be nicer....
chips
chips

Back to top Go down

Rear sprocket Empty Re: Rear sprocket

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum