Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wagga-Tumbarumba-Tallangatta-Bright-Beechworth-Wagga

3 posters

Go down

Wagga-Tumbarumba-Tallangatta-Bright-Beechworth-Wagga Empty Wagga-Tumbarumba-Tallangatta-Bright-Beechworth-Wagga

Post  b12mick Mon 21 Nov 2011, 11:38 am

Well 6 of us headed of from Wagga on Saturday at 10. It was a glorious morning, although a tad warm. The ride to Tumba was slow due to a crap load of road works on the Gregadoo and Tumba roads. It was a little cooler in Tumba and after re-fuelling we headed to Tintaldra and Walwa for Lunch.

After lunch we headed to Granya. Just after the Jingellic Rd intersection it started to rain, just intermittently. There was still enough heat to dry out between showers. As we got over the other side of Granya gap the rain really started. Tallangatta saw us fill up the bikes and don the wet weather gear. It then proceeded to rain all the way to Bright.

This was the first time I'd ridden Tawonga Gap and it was a hairy ride with some sphincter puckering moments. I'd really like to do it again when it's dry and there isn't any fog.

We got to Bright at about 5pm. We stayed at the Alpine Motel-Hotel, as did a heap of other riders. 3 very nice near new 1198's.

Sunday morning dawned and was alternating between wet and very wet. As I looked out the window I noticed a few extra cars had arrived, with trailers. After we got back from breakfast the 1198's and a few other bikes had been loaded on to the trailers. Not wanting to appear obnoxious, I refrained from pointing and laughing at their woosyness.

We had planned on riding up Mt Buffalo, but the general concensious was to give it a miss this time around.

After packing the bikes again we headed to Beechworth via Myrtleford. Not a drop of rain, but looking at Mt Buffalo (not that you could see it) we were more than happy with our decision to head straight to Beechworth. From there we rode to Wodonga and home via the Olympic Way.

I'll post up a couple of picks when I get a chance.

Although it was really wet, it was a brilliant weekend. A few of things did come out of it though.

My wife now has more confidence riding in the rain.

We've decided that she needs to get a Ventura bag for her bike (she did have one but our eldest "borrowed" it when he move to QLD). Why, because we didn't have enough room for me to buy my usual $70 worth of lollies from the Beechworth Sweet Shop or the $80 of honey products from the Honey shop.

She has made up her mind. The Monster has to be replaced with something a little bigger (physically and power wise). She still has no idea of what she wants, but she's definite about what she doesn't want. I've also told her that she isn't allowed to have another Ducati. So, basically she is left with buying a Triumph.

b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Wagga-Tumbarumba-Tallangatta-Bright-Beechworth-Wagga Empty Re: Wagga-Tumbarumba-Tallangatta-Bright-Beechworth-Wagga

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 21 Nov 2011, 3:02 pm

Thats a good ride.

Get the Mrs to have a closer look at the Suzuki GSR's The new 750 is a nice looking bit of kit and 120hp and the older 600's if you can find one that hasnt been wheelied to death are sex on wheels. Very nicely balanced and sporty.

Assuming the Trumpy would be a Tiger?

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Wagga-Tumbarumba-Tallangatta-Bright-Beechworth-Wagga Empty Re: Wagga-Tumbarumba-Tallangatta-Bright-Beechworth-Wagga

Post  Baz Mon 21 Nov 2011, 4:19 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:Thats a good ride.

Get the Mrs to have a closer look at the Suzuki GSR's The new 750 is a nice looking bit of kit and 120hp and the older 600's if you can find one that hasnt been wheelied to death are sex on wheels. Very nicely balanced and sporty.

a GSR750 pulled into Robertson pie shop on saturday it was brand new, and the rider was tickled pink with it.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Mon 21 Nov 2011, 4:56 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:Thats a good ride.

Assuming the Trumpy would be a Tiger?

The Tiger is one option from Triumph. She rode the 800XC earlier this year and liked it, but it didn't really grab her by the gonads, if you know what I mean. Right now she is lusting after the new Street Triple, although she also likes the Speed Triple. The problem she has with the Speed Triple is that it has the same gearbox as the GT1050 and she hated that when she rode it.

She's read a few right ups about the GSR750 and the impression she got was that they are a bit tame. Comments from writers like "a good bike to step on to after your LAMS period has finished", don't really do it for her. She's had the 750 monster for 9 years and is more than ready for something meatier. Actually, what she really wants is a Tuono (V Twin not the new one), but I've put my foot down and have forbidden her from having anything from Italy.

Oh and the ride was great. Can't wait to do it again when it's dry. The VP is now starting to plan the next overnighter. I've suggested Mansfield.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 21 Nov 2011, 5:34 pm

I've never seen one described as tame. Since when did 120 ponies become tame? Laughing
Time for a few test rides by the sounds of it. My money is on the Speed Triple. The boxes will free up with use. Are they the same as the ST box? Sold thousands of them.

Whitfield to Mansfield is a top ride my old back yard Wink

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Tue 22 Nov 2011, 9:42 am

I believe the 'box in the ST is the same as the 'box in the Speed Triple. I didn't like the 'box either, but then again I've been spoilt. Janice (wife) didn't like the 'box on the GT, but then again there wasn't much about the GT that she like anyway.

She spent her spare time yesterday on the Triumph site looking that the Street Triple.

She's going to test ride the Street and Speed Triples. If neither of them are what she's after she'll then start looking else where.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down