Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OLD Bandit in UK do I ship it??

+4
boomer
2wheelsagain
Cameron
keithgpz
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

OLD Bandit in UK do I ship it?? - Page 2 Empty OLD Bandit in UK do I ship it??

Post  keithgpz Sat 26 Dec 2009, 12:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone. Will be arriving in January to stay south of Perth. I have a 1200 Bandit unfaired and would like
to know if it would be worth bringing over. Noticed everything costs lots over in Oz so would it be a better option to bring it. Also noticed in bike mags not many 1200's out there.
Its an 1997 version but Im the second owner and I knew the first quite well.
Not sure of import tax shipping would be about $2000 I think and as I'd only get about £1200 back in UK I know bikes cost more over in Oz.
Anyone done this already??

keithgpz

Back to top Go down

OLD Bandit in UK do I ship it?? - Page 2 Empty Re: OLD Bandit in UK do I ship it??

Post  Cameron Wed 30 Dec 2009, 9:27 pm

This is one hell of a welcoming for keith aye tongue

Admin

Back to top Go down

OLD Bandit in UK do I ship it?? - Page 2 Empty Re: OLD Bandit in UK do I ship it??

Post  b12mick Wed 30 Dec 2009, 9:34 pm

Cameron wrote:This is one hell of a welcoming for keith aye tongue

Only if he brings jaffa cakes, kendal mint cake, harrogate toffee and proper pork pies.

I appolgise for hi jacking the thread. It's just that my taste buds went into overdrive.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Wed 30 Dec 2009, 9:35 pm

b12mick wrote:
Cameron wrote:This is one hell of a welcoming for keith aye tongue

Only if he brings jaffa cakes, kendal mint cake, harrogate toffee and proper pork pies.

I appolgise for hi jacking the thread. It's just that my taste buds went into overdrive.

haha i dont blame you. its like christmas day all over again

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 31 Dec 2009, 8:50 am

It may be time to split off the reminiscing and salivating section of this thread and call it something that appeals to the poms Laughing

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  keithgpz Fri 01 Jan 2010, 3:49 am

Hi everyone and Happy New Year.!!

Jaffa cakes and Kendal mint cake eh!! Whats happened here with this here thread !!
Thanks for all the attention any way as I,m new to this forum stuff..

Will anybody really check my lid for type approval??. Sure I saw someone with a push bike lid on riding a Harley when I was out in November.

Finally got a quote, by air £1350 by sea £815. Not including import costs!!!
So off to website au.gov to check it out.
Thanks for the info on insurance to ,good to know its not silly prices.

Carless torque costs lives ! But its alot of fun.

keithgpz

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 01 Feb 2010, 4:33 pm

How's my banjo looking kiethgpz?
Any updates?

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  keithgpz Mon 01 Feb 2010, 7:23 pm

Well I took the advice and have gone with shipmybike, as mainly I got no response from bonner or other companies with the option for my tool box 15 personnel boxes and the all important bike.
Had to scan every page of my passport and vehicle docs and send them to Aust gov with statement!!! just waiting for a reply so I can get them shipped. But the banjo will come in as my son plays guitar any way!!!
Tax for importing and customs will happen later but I can see this taking a while to do..
Just have to wait now..

keithgpz

Back to top Go down

Post  1836 Mon 01 Feb 2010, 7:50 pm

The paper trail is a pain in the arse, stay calm and entertain them. As far as your helmet is concerned, it must meet AS1698. If it doesn't they can take the helmet there and then and give you a fine that is equal to not wearing a helmet. It is a load of rubbish, but that's how it is. I bought a perfectly good HJC AC-11 home with me, thought I might just use it..............then thought, if I got caught for speeding (or similar), do I need the helmet head ache aswell?..........not really. So a chance to buy a new lid, plenty around at comparable prices to the UK. Good luck with the move, it will all be worth it. You will love it over here. sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 01 Feb 2010, 8:54 pm

1836 wrote:The paper trail is a pain in the arse, stay calm and entertain them. As far as your helmet is concerned, it must meet AS1698.
It probably already does meet (or exceed) our standards it just wont have the AS sticker! A load of bullshit as the law often is.
I wouldnt be worried about copping a fine (although you can) but its another way for insurance to wriggle out of paying if a claim is ever made.

kiethgpz a banjo is not what you think but you'll find out soon enough Razz

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Mon 01 Feb 2010, 9:00 pm

I've been following this thread and I'm sorry but it must be an eastern states thing as I also don't know what a banjo is(something to do with money is all I can work out!)
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2