Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QUICK RIDE FROM WODONGA

3 posters

Go down

QUICK RIDE FROM WODONGA Empty QUICK RIDE FROM WODONGA

Post  b12mick Mon 14 Dec 2009, 3:46 pm

For the first time in a while I got to go for a ride that was more than 50km. Unfortunately it wasn't on my bike. I had to ride my son's FZ6N from Wodonga to Wagga as he isn't allowed to ride in NSW again until the 22/12. Don't ask, long story.

It was, non the less, a good ride. Great weather and reasonable roads (conditions, not number of corners). Although I think the road from Cookardinia to Wagga has gotten worse since I rode it last, but dodging the pot holes sort of made up for the lack of corners.

The FZ seems a whole lot more comfortable than I remember it and it has loosened up since I rode it in July (it had 15000km on it then, it now has 20000km). It now sort of picks up speed from 100 without changing down, although if you want real acceleration, you still have to knock it back a cog or 2. It sat on 120-130 quite nicely and the new tyres (PR2s) he's put on it have certainly made the front a bit more confidence inspiring, and the rear has some real grip now. He had dunlops (don't know which 'model') on last time I rode it.

Would I own one, no. Even though it has more power than the B12, is quite a bit lighter and is somewhat more nimble, it really doesn't seem to have very much torque, and realistically I like to ride the torque wave rather than the power wave, and that nimbleness sometimes becomes twitchy.

Now that my wife is working again, I'm hoping to actually start doing some real rides soon, although if the weather heats up much more, it'll be Autumn before I venture to far from the A/C.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

QUICK RIDE FROM WODONGA Empty Re: QUICK RIDE FROM WODONGA

Post  Cruisecontrol Mon 14 Dec 2009, 6:58 pm

The last time I rode that particular stretch of tarmac I ended up with a conrod hanging out the front of the block on my mighty Katana...

Cruisecontrol

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Tue 15 Dec 2009, 2:42 pm

How long ago was that?
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruisecontrol Tue 15 Dec 2009, 6:34 pm

I feel old now..

14 years ago, that happened.

Cruisecontrol

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Wed 16 Dec 2009, 10:43 am

You know, the sad thing is that the 'condition' of the road probably hasn't changed, even though the RTA have had a couple of goes at resurfacing it.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruisecontrol Wed 16 Dec 2009, 9:28 pm

I don't doubt it for a second, mate.
Our taxes are put to far better uses (like revenue collection) in an attempt to reduce the road tolls than to worry about silly things like the actual road surface...

Cruisecontrol

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Thu 17 Dec 2009, 10:34 am

Why is it though that generally speaking the roads in NSW are so shit compared to Vic? I've been on 'farm tracks' in Vic that are better than some of the tramac here.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Thu 17 Dec 2009, 7:38 pm

Its funny. When i go on my snowy ride, i look forward simply to the surface of the roads.
It takes about 10km to realise your back in NSW, just by the roads.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down