Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SA toy run 2011

3 posters

Go down

SA toy run 2011 Empty SA toy run 2011

Post  paul Sat 24 Sep 2011, 7:23 pm

A bit early I know but does everyone going on the toy run this year know it now leaves from the clipsal track west gate Wakefield st Adelaide at 11 am on Sunday 11th DEC . and is ending up in Callington on the oval . Smile

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

SA toy run 2011 Empty Re: SA toy run 2011

Post  mustang sally Mon 26 Sep 2011, 11:27 pm

I suppose a change is as good as a holiday but any idea why.

Zero G DB Screen
mustang sally
mustang sally

Back to top Go down

SA toy run 2011 Empty resa toy run 2011

Post  paul Tue 27 Sep 2011, 12:10 am

officially they are saying we`ve out grown Glenelg and Hahndorf oval had become unavailable , but I heard they were having trouble getting the powers that be to co-operate with policing on Cross rd. / Anzac hwy etc. I suppose if you lived there , 14,000 bikes parked around Glenelg would also be a bit of an inconvenience as well if your not into them . http://www.mrasa.asn.au/html/events/toyrun.shtml .if you want you can copy paste this site & have a read .we went for a ride Sunday and called past Callington to be nosey . one pub , one little store & some houses / the oval looked nice & green though & parking will be around the town by the looks of it . the MRA usually organize everything you need anyway so it should be ok .I`m just not sure how they are going to fit all the onlookers / kids who normally line Cross road / Anzac hwy on the shorter trip up to the old toll gate . Oh well I`ve been doing it since 1992 so as you say a change is as good as a holiday .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  mustang sally Tue 27 Sep 2011, 2:40 pm

I haven't done it for a couple of years and I can see the glenelg council not liking it. What a bunch of idiots. Sold the fore shore to a point where you can no longer see the sea. Let's not have 10000 motorcyclists filling the cafe's for breakfast and coffee. I reckon I have no reason to go there anymore. It would be a traffic nightmare but I think a great route would be start at port Adelaide. Port road, skirt the city, then glen osmond road to say Murray bridge. Go through hahndorf just to annoy the locals. Crikey Adelaide people are precious.

Zero G DB Screen
mustang sally
mustang sally

Back to top Go down

SA toy run 2011 Empty re sa toy run 2011

Post  paul Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:19 pm

It does make me wonder why they completely close off Anzac Hwy. for a few hours so people can run up & down it " for fun " yet when a similar number of motorcyclists/pillions do it for charity it becomes a hassle . I went on a prostate cancer run from the Port a couple of years ago & we ended up at Birdwood on the old mill oval which wasn't a bad venue either . I tried going down to Glenelg last year on a sunny Sunday afternoon with the wife for a coffee ( I spoil that girl ! lol! ) ; gave up & went back to Brighton instead .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  mustang sally Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:31 pm

I suppose we are really off topic paul but I went to school in Somerton and spent a lot of my youth at the bay but as it is now it sucks completely. Those wide buildings totally block the view. The gold coast can have 100 narrow buildings and everyone can still see the beach. Glenelg has 4 and its all shade with no view. The council there is a bunch of corrupt morons who should have never got away with it. Brighton, seacliff or henly are all better places. Without the toy run, I may never go there again. BTW when was the cancer run?

Zero G DB Screen
mustang sally
mustang sally

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:50 pm

ditto the bay I grew up in Edwardstown & hung out at the bay among other places in my misspent youth . I cant remember exactly when the cancer run was but it must have been 2-3 years ago or more ( haven`t heard if they still do it ) I had a business in Byre ave at Somerton pk for quite a while / nice area .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Sat 01 Oct 2011, 9:39 am

I did the toy run last year and the lack of police made it a hard run on the bikes from constant stop start. You could smell the burning clutches and poor old air cooled jobbies were over heating every where! Not sure if I'd bother again!

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 01 Oct 2011, 9:49 am

Hi Big Al hope you enjoyed your birthday . There is only a fairly short run up to the freeway this year & then clear sailing so it should be a bit easier on the bikes .if you do go pm me your mobile & if we don't catch up on a run beforehand (I`m thinking of organizing one when the weather sorts itself out ) we can catch up there. Smile

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Sat 01 Oct 2011, 10:15 am

Hi Paul , got my eye on the weather at the mo! havent ridden for weeks due to study and work commitments and Im hanging:bounce:

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 01 Oct 2011, 10:22 am

I`ve been out a bit but not as often as i`d like / last sunday a mate & I went to Strath (coffee ) ,Murray bridge (bakery ) via Callington then through Palmer Mt Torrens ,Lobethal ( coffee ) then home ( about 220km ) and felt like a new person when we got home ! Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down