Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Number of kms on bike

4 posters

Go down

Number of kms on bike Empty Number of kms on bike

Post  mtbeerwah Sat 17 Sep 2011, 8:49 pm

G`day,

Just joined the site and was directed by sb1250 to spill my guts here.

I`ve got a 2003 b12 with 131000km on it, and bought it in 2004 with 6600km on it. It is getting lower in compression now but still goes very well. 5th gear is starting to make a little bit of a whine, but of no concern. It has had the oil changed every 3000km from new,and i think is the key to longevity with any engine. Clean blood,clean heart.

I have another engine that i will rebuilding, but am taking my time with this,as theres no hurry to do this, and i want to get it to how "i feel" the bandit should be.

Only real gripes i`ve ever had with the bike is/was the suspension and night lighting.
I think i`ve finally got the handing close to being how i want it. This has been through alot of trial and error. Something i can tour on, and something i can peg out on any corner i choose. I guess alot of $ later aswell.
The lighting in the k1-k5 S models. That being the projector lights. Those of you who may or maynot know the dust build up they get behind the lens and how to manage it. I say manage, because i have repeatedly pulled it apart cleaned and resealed it, and tinkered with the light throw by playing with the blinds inside the lens that direct the light to get the beam patern to how i like without blinding other cars with HID`s in it.

Oh..and another thing that really used to give me the sh*#s was the tail light bulbs contantly blowing. Thats been solved by finally finding an led tail unit that i like and works. Theres lots of cheap arse after market stuff out there that claim to be better than sliced bread, but fail miserably.

Having said those points, i can`t find myself to ever get rid of it. Me and ol mate b12 have got a history together, and i feel i`d betray a mate if i got rid of it.

John.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Number of kms on bike Empty Re: Number of kms on bike

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:09 pm

That's a nice relationship you have built up there.
Most would say oil at 3000 is overkill but if its worked for you good on you.
How many sump plug crush washers have you gone through?

I assume you're in Melb. We have a few down there now so should organise something!

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:25 pm

no, i`m in Gladstone QLD. I`m still on my first
2wheelsagain wrote:That's a nice relationship you have built up there.
Most would say oil at 3000 is overkill but if its worked for you good on you.
How many sump plug crush washers have you gone through?

I assume you're in Melb. We have a few down there now so should organise something!
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:39 pm

Good effort for 40 odd changes.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Number of kms on bike Empty numbers on bike

Post  paul Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:42 pm

I had a 2004 model before this one & when I got it it had powerbronze led tail lights ( fender eliminator , hugger etc. ) which kept blowing . I changed them to two separate normal lights & had no more problems . I also had the front forks rebuilt and the rear shock rebuilt & spacered up & that seemed to cure some of the suspension woes . I`d only done 49,000 km though when I traded it so no where near your km . I must admit the new one seems better in the suspension / frame department which I really did`nt notice that much until I rode my sons 2006 model a couple of weeks ago . Smile

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:53 pm

yeah, i`m suprised aswell, don`t curse me! every time i undo a nut or bolt,i always without fail torque to specs
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  ozjimmy Sat 01 Oct 2011, 10:59 am

I had a Triumph Daytona That let go at 175,000ks ( I'll do a rebuild as soon as I can part with the cash)
I have a 2010 naked Bandit, 9 Months young now with 30,000ks on it. I try and squeeze out 5500ks between oil changes, but always change the filter.

ozjimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down