Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who has the Bandit with the most k's on it and what (if any) trouble has it had?

+10
Ironman
grahame
truck
holdenman
reddog
2wheelsagain
rolls
gus
b12mick
Bhoffo
14 posters

Go down

Who has the Bandit with the most k's on it and what (if any) trouble has it had? Empty Who has the Bandit with the most k's on it and what (if any) trouble has it had?

Post  Bhoffo Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:17 am

Morning all...

Just read the latest newcomers post to the forum - Poppy. He tells us that his new addition has 40,000km on it and still running sweetly - this got me wondering... Idea

"Who on the forum has a Bandit with the highest number of kilometres on it and what trouble (if any) have you had?" - Be interested to know... Question

Maybe if we 'know' what problems others have had other members will be able to avoid the same thing occurring to their bike.. Arrow

So I'll kick it off....

My bike: a Nov. 2008 Bandit 1250s. Now has 27,000 km on it. No problems apart from the electric regulator thingo (mentioned elsewhere on the forum) that was replaced under a recall; was not giving me any issues - just replaced.. Overall, extremely happy with it! bounce

Back to top Go down

Who has the Bandit with the most k's on it and what (if any) trouble has it had? Empty Re: Who has the Bandit with the most k's on it and what (if any) trouble has it had?

Post  b12mick Mon 12 Sep 2011, 11:35 am

My '02 Bandit has 66,000km on it and the only issues I've had with it were caused by operator error.

Note: I'd have more than that on it, but in 2004 it was off the road for 3 months due to operator error and from early 2007 to late 2009 my wife was unemployed so the bike only got used to commute to and from work.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Who has the Bandit with the most k's on it and what (if any) trouble has it had? Empty Re: Who has the Bandit with the most k's on it and what (if any) trouble has it had?

Post  gus Mon 12 Sep 2011, 11:58 am

The first 1200 1987 was it ? 66,000 kls no problems

2009 bandit 38,000 kls fuel pump filter problem at 35,000
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  rolls Mon 12 Sep 2011, 1:21 pm

The engineer at work (who got me to buy a bandit) has a '96 1200 with 115,000km on it and it still purrs like new. The starter gear came off once, but I think that's the only break down he's had.

rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 12 Sep 2011, 1:50 pm

24,000 and something on mine (k8)

We should be able to get an idea of how long OEM chains & sprockets last now Wink

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:12 pm

Oct 2007 GSF1250SA - 30000

Only problem is vibrating bolts out of the Givi rack when I first fitted it.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  holdenman Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:06 pm

07 with 47500 km. Probably a new chain in another 10000km and will be going in to get the valve clearances checked and adjusted

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:17 pm

2002 with 65000klm. Serviced by Pitstop or Suzuki here in Townsville every 10 - 12000klm. Still just gets the front wheel off the ground under revs.
Never an issue with it till this morning when it stalled with the unseasonal Sept cold weather (11deg) in my driveway and I could not hold it up with the full tank so I gently laid it over on its side. Broke a clutch lever, blinker and some custom scratches on the fairing. Crying or Very sad
AAARRGH.
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  grahame Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:19 pm

09 model, 6500ks, 1 problem, not riding it enough Very Happy
grahame
grahame

Back to top Go down

Post  rolls Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:45 pm

Hi Truck, sorry to hear about your lay down.

Sorry to hear you're doing it tough with that cold weather too. 11 degrees? You poor bastard.
rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:24 pm

2010 GSX650F with 18,500km
Radiator fan motor seized - warranty replaced
Tachometer "glass" crazed -warranty replaced
GPS switch played up a little while ago but seems to have come good now.

Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:29 pm

K8 1250s 10,000k's.
The rear fender lost a bolt and all the plastic lugs that holed it to the duck tail at around 3000k's.
chain is starting to get a bit long & can't keep front down (or up, I run out of balls fast) Very Happy

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:04 pm

K10 1250s, 18,500 kms

Radiator end plate came loose after I painted it - obviously I didn't tighten it properly.
No other problems (except those that I caused), although gear changes are clunky (I thought this might free up over time but it hasn't).
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:26 pm

Reardo wrote:K8 1250s 10,000k's.
The rear fender lost a bolt and all the plastic lugs that holed it to the duck tail at around 3000k's.
chain is starting to get a bit long & can't keep front down (or up, I run out of balls fast) Very Happy

You need to ride it over to Collie on Nov 12 for a track day. Buellord and I are going to have the silver bullets out on the track in group 2 Smile
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:54 pm

reddog wrote:

You need to ride it over to Collie on Nov 12 for a track day. Buellord and I are going to have the silver bullets out on the track in group 2 Smile
No way. I heard that they have turns and that type of stuff on those track thingys Surprised

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  lethaleigh76 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:11 pm

"07" model 7.300 kms on it, just a weekender, no probs, touch wood, very happy. Very Happy
lethaleigh76
lethaleigh76

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Tue 13 Sep 2011, 2:14 pm

Reardo wrote:
reddog wrote:

No way. I heard that they have turns and that type of stuff on those track thingys Surprised

Hahaha! Bring along your old tyres, You'll actually wear the sides out as well Smile
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Tue 13 Sep 2011, 6:52 pm

K9 with 31,000km on the clock. not a single problem as yet Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Tue 13 Sep 2011, 7:33 pm

rolls wrote:Hi Truck, sorry to hear about your lay down.

Sorry to hear you're doing it tough with that cold weather too. 11 degrees? You poor bastard.

Ditto!!! 11 degrees sounds almost tropical to me!! Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum