Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandit R unveiled

+6
Kaupy1962
Reardo
gus
Re-Cycled
reddog
Dekenai
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bandit R unveiled - Page 2 Empty Bandit R unveiled

Post  Dekenai Sat 10 Sep 2011, 3:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

For years stung by criticisms of Bandit owners "Why you make such good bike and spoil it with crap suspension and ordinary brakes?" Suzuki have at last replied saying "We fix you smart-arse round-eyes bastards real good"

Introducing the Bandit GSF-R 1250S

Bandit R unveiled - Page 2 R

Bandit R unveiled - Page 2 Front

Bandit R unveiled - Page 2 Right

Bandit R unveiled - Page 2 Left

Bandit R unveiled - Page 2 UpperClamp

Bandit R unveiled - Page 2 Wheel

Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Bandit R unveiled - Page 2 Empty Re: Bandit R unveiled

Post  reddog Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:17 pm

Go look at any modern 1000cc and they are all tiny. The ZX10 is the size of the older 600's
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Fri 16 Sep 2011, 5:23 pm

With all the racer gear mate, I think you need a new Can/pipes.
Bandit R unveiled - Page 2 Zserie10
Bandit R unveiled - Page 2 Zserie10
Bandit R unveiled - Page 2 Zserie11

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Tue 20 Sep 2011, 8:08 pm

gus wrote:What make of sprocket is that on the back ?

So three teeth more on the back is = to about one less one the front .

I'm looking foward to playing with wheel base (shorter ,less LINKS ) but i want to keep stock gearing .

Sorry for the slow reply Gus, its a Renthal
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Tue 20 Sep 2011, 8:09 pm

Looks nice Reardo but I think a pipe like that would be louder, more restrictive and possibly even heavier
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Tue 20 Sep 2011, 8:10 pm

Well, got a work-around happening on the brakes and so have now taken her for a test ride. First impressions are that it is working as I had hoped. The ride is incredibly confidence inspiring and comfortable, as well, the balance between the front and rear is now spot-on. I did a run up and back a well-known local run, (Cotter Road from Point Hutt to Cotter and back). It’s not a road I like particularly, the surface is good in parts, and poor in others, plus you tend to get gravel kicked up onto corners by cars. I guess that the simplest explanation is to say that I have never run this road with less arse pucker, and I feel that I had better control than on my 929 Fireblade. It only hit something hard once, and I didn’t see what it was, both end went whack, but the bike stayed totally composed and on-line. Geometry feels good, maybe a little quicker in the steering than before, (wheelbase in about 7 mm shorter and trail is increased by 2mm). Brakes and not brilliant yet, I have used pads (not sure what compound) and used discs (not with these pads), so I expect it will take a bit of time to get them bedded in.

Oh, tested the crash knobs on my first right hander with the new Pilot Pure’s. Shit, back-end disappeared as soon as I hit the power, too quick, could not catch it. Oh well, nothing too drastic, few scratched on the can, busted indicator, scratched the brake lever and bar end. Next Sunday, track day at Marulan!
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Tue 20 Sep 2011, 8:28 pm

Dekenai wrote:Well, got a work-around happening on the brakes and so have now taken her for a test ride. First impressions are that it is working as I had hoped. The ride is incredibly confidence inspiring and comfortable, as well, the balance between the front and rear is now spot-on. I did a run up and back a well-known local run, (Cotter Road from Point Hutt to Cotter and back). It’s not a road I like particularly, the surface is good in parts, and poor in others, plus you tend to get gravel kicked up onto corners by cars. I guess that the simplest explanation is to say that I have never run this road with less arse pucker, and I feel that I had better control than on my 929 Fireblade. It only hit something hard once, and I didn’t see what it was, both end went whack, but the bike stayed totally composed and on-line. Geometry feels good, maybe a little quicker in the steering than before, (wheelbase in about 7 mm shorter and trail is increased by 2mm). Brakes and not brilliant yet, I have used pads (not sure what compound) and used discs (not with these pads), so I expect it will take a bit of time to get them bedded in.

Oh, tested the crash knobs on my first right hander with the new Pilot Pure’s. Shit, back-end disappeared as soon as I hit the power, too quick, could not catch it. Oh well, nothing too drastic, few scratched on the can, busted indicator, scratched the brake lever and bar end. Next Sunday, track day at Marulan!
Shit. (The ride is incredibly confidence inspiring and comfortable) is that before or after you low sided it Embarassed ?

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Tue 20 Sep 2011, 8:38 pm

Reardo wrote:Shit. (The ride is incredibly confidence inspiring and comfortable) is that before or after you low sided it Embarassed ?

No, it was just a brand new super slippery tyre, took a bit to put it out of my mind and commit to some high speed sweepers but felt great when I did
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2